• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
With your first play through so you would earn Marx and Dracula spirits but both spirits can be evolved so when you evolved them then you would need to collect them again to have a perfect collection so that would take second play through to get them again.

Is there a route that is easiest to get to those? Those must be the 2 I don't have.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Is there a route that is easiest to get to those? Those must be the 2 I don't have.
If you ignore side areas and just make a beeline for the bosses in the Light Realm, and then ignore side spirits in the dark realm and submaps it doesn't take too long, but there's really no way around having to replay large swathes of World of Light.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
If you ignore side areas and just make a beeline for the bosses in the Light Realm, and then ignore side spirits in the dark realm and submaps it doesn't take too long, but there's really no way around having to replay large swathes of World of Light.

Ouch, maybe one day i'll bother but I doubt you get anything for it anyways..

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Geez, I am at around 2,45 million GSPs with Rosalina and still no Elite mode. It's also really baffeling to me: I've played around 500 online matches and encountered ONE other Rosalina player. So... it really shouldn't be too hard for her to get into Elite, but apperently it is.

I stopped playing and maybe my points will grow a bit again after tonight.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My estimate is it's about 200-250 spaces you need to clear? I had about 150 cleared in Light Realm when I beat Galeem, though I did some wandering (fighter battles are good for Skill Spheres, and I wanted a few chests, also I kinda forgot where the buttons for the Temple of Light were)

Also, when you come back with Lv. 99 Legends, there's nothing stopping you from just cheesing every fight if you want

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Also too does anyone agree cut the spirit system?

No, why?

I think the Spirit/WoL stuff is great for solo play. I think it's exactly the kind of stuff that works well for fighting games, and especially here with all the toys they have to play with in this game.

Maybe it would be stale for next time, but I'm really enjoying Spirits because my last Nintendo console was the SNES and the Spirits really makes me feel like I'm getting caught up with all the characters and stuff I missed. Plus having all the third party cameos is cool.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Does anyone here actually like the GSP system? It feels like a dumb way to rank people. Like, it's good for modes like classic and the missing home run contests, where it solely weighs your highest score against other players and tells you who it's higher than. But for online, it's just dumb. It weighs W/L ratio way too heavily compared to matches played, which doesn't really match Sakurai's suggestion of only paying attention to how many wins you get.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Seems like the recent DLC rumor is true, y'all. Hope you're hungry for that new character!

b3eb588f-14c5-457f-a866-f6863d7a3778-large16x9_1280x960_70110P00UPESS.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The one that came with the Persona stuff.
Erdrick getting in wouldn't necessarily make that leak true. Multiple "leaks" have featured him since the Game Awards (before and after the one i'm assuming you are talking about). Though, I guess we can confirm it if all of the stage/assist details from that leak end up being true.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Marth path, beeline for the base, take an easy path through the jungle by Green Switch, cut through the mountain town, clear the way to Galeem through the Space path (the speed run uses the heavens path but meh), black pipe, grab the blue switch and head to the ribbons area, go to the molten fortress, snake around the mountain to the green switch, backtrack to the black pipe, temple of light, then go across the bridge, do the bottom option on the first teleporter path on the pacmaze, work your way to the beach, go to the island, do the rathalos subarea, head back to space area and go fight galeem
Then just beeline through to Marx's area (remember you can just go fight crazy hand there's a little bridge conencting the bismuth-esque components of the map), focus purely on the correct quiz questions then go do dracula.

It took me about 4 hours but that's because i originally just used the NG+ file to hunt for skill orbs and that was on hard mode while keeping the point values in line with the rest. If you just want the spirits just slap it onto Easy, put on your best spirits and take the shortest routes you can see through each area.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Whats the best controller to play this game? Is it the GC controller?

I'm using the Wii U Pro Controller but it feels really clunky and imprecise. I didn't have problems in Smash 4 and I always used them back then but somehow in this game I have problems with the sticks, both the left one and the c-stick.

Is the Switch Pro any better or do I have to get used to a GC controller? I never used one in my life.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Erdrick getting in wouldn't necessarily make that leak true. Multiple "leaks" have featured him since the Game Awards (before and after the one i'm assuming you are talking about). Though, I guess we can confirm it if all of the stage/assist details from that leak end up being true.
I believe Tansut is saying that the leak is true and therefore the milk matriarch is coming, not the other way around.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
No, why?

I think the Spirit/WoL stuff is great for solo play. I think it's exactly the kind of stuff that works well for fighting games, and especially here with all the toys they have to play with in this game.

Maybe it would be stale for next time, but I'm really enjoying Spirits because my last Nintendo console was the SNES and the Spirits really makes me feel like I'm getting caught up with all the characters and stuff I missed. Plus having all the third party cameos is cool.
It's also worth mentioning that Spirits has basically existed in some form since Brawl, where it originated as the stickers in SSE, became custom characters in 4 and better realized as Spirits in Ultimate. Sakurai seems to really want customization to be a thing in the series, so that's probably not changing as long as he sticks around.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Stepping out of the meme zone for a minute; Sakurai has actually said that Lucas wouldn't have been added to Brawl if he knew that Mother 3 wouldn't be localised.
Source? That's pretty interesting to hear! Certainly does sting to have so many Mother 3 spirits and the game still hasn't been released in the US. I think we got so caught up asking for Metroid Prime Trilogy that we forgot to keep fighting the good fight.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What's making everyone think the DQ rumor is true now? I may be a little out of the loop.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough. And I know he almost cut Marth and Roy from the NTSC and PAL releases of Melee, so I guess he tries to care.
Fun fact, it was only Roy that was really talked about.

Sakurai: Yes, there were a few, but I was certain he would be a fun character, so I pushed hard for Marth. For Roy, I think there was some discussion and internal dispute. For example, their voices are both Japanese even in the international releases. That's pretty rare, I think. Well, other than Pikachu.

Interviewer: (laughs)

Sakurai: During development, I also had meetings with NoA. We talked about removing Roy for the NA release, but in the end they said, "He'll be fun, so let's leave him as is."
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/13/sakurai-fe25/

Which makes sense, Marth's at least a legacy character and represented a new moveset where as Roy was a last minute addition to tie in with a game with no plans for America that was derivative of Marth.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

The inkling thing is interesting, I hadn't thought of that before. It works in Splatoon beause of the game's whole gimmick, it's designed around the ink and visibility there of.I could see some color/stage combos being softbanned for visibliity reasons. Least it's not as big a deal to softban a battlefield/omega form.

ngl though, i couldn't see the C4 on the logs either. I have trouble keeping track of it on most stages.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I've hit 2.3-2.4 million GSP and still no Elite status. Dang I wonder what number I have to hit to finally reach it.
Yea, I hit 2.3 about an hour ago on Pokemon Trainer and no Elite

Sigh...

Every time I feel like I'm getting close, the bar gets raised.
I have a theory that you can use roster GSP to always know the Elite requirement. It seems like your roster GSP just maxes out if you play a handful of other characters almost no matter what GSP they are, going by reports of the 1 GSP throwers. Then it seems you just need to subtract between 50k and 100k to get about what's needed for Elite.

And remember they're inflating your GSP about as fast as they're raising the bar for elite because they want you to think you're progressing on the ladder when you really aren't, so it's not exactly raising the bar. It's possible that even though we're super close, we need to step back and continue upping our skills by stepping out of our comfort zones and losing some before trying to try hard to Elite.

Last edited:

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
also if we know the GSP to get to Elite, we know (approximately) how many people are playing Ultimate online since we know that the top 3% GSP is Elite

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Source? That's pretty interesting to hear! Certainly does sting to have so many Mother 3 spirits and the game still hasn't been released in the US. I think we got so caught up asking for Metroid Prime Trilogy that we forgot to keep fighting the good fight.
I can't actually find the original source (since, from my research, it seems like the Famitsu column it was in isn't translated) but SourceGaming mentioned it in this article.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Seeing a lot of Peach in tourney. What is different between her and Daisy?
Absolutely none that's been found yet, as far as I know, outside of looks. People probably just like Peach as a character more.

I suppose some animations might be easier or harder for opponents to read? I also think peach's "Oh, did I win?" has pretty strong tilt potential.

Like with Samus/Dark Samus, I think you can still say Dark Samus has a better roll, because even if it's technically the same, the fact that it looked faster to most people might in effect make it faster when those same people are fighting her. I think that makes sense?

Last edited:

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot of Peach in tourney. What is different between her and Daisy?
Because of Daisy's animations, she has a slight larger hurtbox on her dash (not the attack, her dash).

That's about it. She's just a significant aesthetic option. Richter's basically in the same spot except his holy water will kill red pikmin. Some of their other idles do shift around their hurtboxes, but nothing terribly significant.

if you had to tier the echoes based on differences it'd go like
S - Ken (x1.1 faster than Ryu (same weight, height, jump, dash, etc etc) he has 2 unique command inputs, 3 of his specials have different functions, his back throw rolls twice before throwing and about 3 of his other attacks have different data on them). He definitely got preferential treatment. I think they easily could have given the rest of his moveset a little touch up if they wanted to and had the time.
A - Chrom (no sweet/sour spot, has Roy's average power & knockback throughout his blade attacks, Ike's up special, doesnt have fire hitbox, Final Smash functions differently).
B - Lucina (no sweet/sour spot, has Marth's average power & knockback, a smidge smaller than marth). I only put her lower than Chrom because Chrom gets his own idles and of course the up special.Dark Samus (electric instead of fire (so there's a little more hitstun), different front/back roll, a little taller than Samus in her standing/initial jump, her up smash has a bigger start up hitbox)
C - Dark Pit (electroshock arm does more damage and has angeled knockback, the arrows deal more damage and can't be as controlled, different final smash.
D - Richter & Daisy
F - Alph

I'm still bummed Lucina & Dark Pit didn't get their own animations this go around, since that was by far the most important and consistent part of the new echoes. Even just Lucina using Marth's Smash 4 animations would've been fine.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried out Classic mode and it was fun, miles better than Smash 4, and I enjoyed the credit shooting mini game.

My only complaint is the lack of victory video that plays at the end and the rewards mean nothing to me as they are tied to World of light and I don't shit about that mode so there's less reason for me to to use a ticket.

I will probably get through all the remaining fighters and then I am done with the game, till Piranha Plant is released.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Last I heard Verge still thought Minecraft was confirmed.
He and Hitagi both believe in Erdrick and Minecraft stuff being DLC. Yesterday, he said this:
Nintendo chose Joker as a late decision to tie in to relevancy with The Game Awards since it has multiple nominations and won an award the year before at them.

What makes more sense to do at The Game Awards.... announce a character from something a lot of western fans don't have a bigger connection with from a game series that only got one nomination that it should have won but didn't.... or the character from a game that got multiple nominations the year before and got to win one?
Which is definitely referring to Dragon Quest. He seems to be pushing the idea that Erdrick is further along than Joker, but the latter was pushed out first in order to tie into the Game Awards.

Why are people taking Verge seriously again?
I don't think it's just him; I think some insiders on Smashboards are also convinced about Erdrick. Not entirely sure about that though.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is definitely referring to Dragon Quest. He seems to be pushing the idea that Erdrick is further along than Joker, but the latter was pushed out first in order to tie into the Game Awards.

which is absolute bullshit. makes absolutely no sense if you think about it for five seconds. the game awards aren't so important that nintendo and sakurai are going to reorganize their entire development schedule for DLC around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.