• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
So, these events on the Spirit Board. It says the spirits are "limited time" but that doesn't mean they're locked to the event, right? I could still get these spirits without the event, it's just that they are guaranteed to show up at this event. Is that right? I don't wanna miss out on a spirit if it actually is only available for a "limited time."

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
So, these events on the Spirit Board. It says the spirits are "limited time" but that doesn't mean they're locked to the event, right? I could still get these spirits without the event, it's just that they are guaranteed to show up at this event. Is that right? I don't wanna miss out on a spirit if it actually is only available for a "limited time."
The last event (the Mario one) had a few exclusives. This event (the Classics) doesn't have any exclusives

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great set from MuteAce, I was worried he was losing control in game 3 but he did a great job of staying calm under pressure. Really exciting stuff

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I just feel like I let my shield go too early and I end up getting hit still or they just grab immediately after their attack is blocked. I've kinda been forcing myself to just shield. I guess I'm having trouble with the application of when to do either, and it's screwing with my reaction times.:s
Attacks you can use out of shield are pretty limited because of the lag from dropping the shield. Make sure you're using something that skips that lag. There's a list of that here:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...ash-bros-ultimate-roster-frame-data-included/

It seems that Shield is definitely the default defensive move at high level play. I need to watch for when the top players roll, especially in laggy online, to answer this question better, but it seems generally they just don't roll.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the competitive stage pool is actually the best its ever been too, with FD and the different one, two and three platform setups they basically exhausted the variety of the layouts possible with just those variables. you even get some elevation stuff with yoshi's story, yoshi's island, and castle siege

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Tricky. And kind of annoying. I hate the idea of losing out on any spirits. Guess I'll have to pay attention for each event.
They're pretty cut & Dry about it. When the Mario Party spirits came up they made sure to say you couldn't get those 3 spirits any other way (presumably they'll get reruns). No other spirit event has had any such spirits. It's assumed that there will be a Pokemon spirit event where everyone who didn't already get it through the Lets Go saved data will be able to get them. Otherwise until they update the game again there are no other spirits you can only get through the events

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Lanky Kong spirit uses the DK Rap.

A version of the DK Rap that cuts his verse!

Way to rub salt in the wound.

Why isn't there more outrage about this!?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hoo, the tension there.

Agreed so much. I've tried to watch competitive Smash again and again through the years and it never catches for me, but there's something about Ultimate that's just consistently drawing me in.
It's got this nice pace to it and a lot of potential match ups.
I never really gelled with watching smash for more than a few matches be it melee or WiiU.
But the discovery period here in ultimate is good fun, it's like each week another character reveals their potent tools.
See Link, right now.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No matter what you think of him, you have to respect Hungrybox for calling Link's bomb Wilson. We need more Tom Hanks in Smash

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Zero has a Peach problem, if he keeps struggling against them he should try playing Bowser and kidnap them before the match starts

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
HBox clearly needs more research. Pikmin do not get stronger by staying alive longer and getting a flower. It's just visual.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the flower thing was a mechanic at least in brawl though right?
or have I been equally as wrong all this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.