• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
IMO, I wish that there were a ruleset/game tools when going through Spectate mode, like the following:
  • Styles: Time, Stock or Stamina.
  • Time Limit.
  • Stage Selection.
  • 1 Vs. 1, 2 Vs. 2, 3 or 4 players fighting against each other individually.
  • Where they're playing from, such as USA, Turkey, Japan, Brazil, etc.
Like when going through the regular Smash mode.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I can't get any added spirits apart from FE and Cuphead since 1,367. They just don't show up in the shop or spirit board. Aren't they supposed to since their events have ended?

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
This is a dumb question but the search feature wasn't very forthcoming with answers... Are there any recommendations for 3rd party GameCube controller adapters? I can't seem to find the official one in the Nintendo online store so I'm guessing they stopped producing them?

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
This is a dumb question but the search feature wasn't very forthcoming with answers... Are there any recommendations for 3rd party GameCube controller adapters? I can't seem to find the official one in the Nintendo online store so I'm guessing they stopped producing them?

I'm not sure what they are doing with their official products (but someone said they might make more adapters in the future but I don't know if I would put a faith in it. since they are pretty bad at restocking)

I don't know anything about third party so sorry I can't help you out on that.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Can't really help with a 3rd party adapter recommendation, but Amazon JP is a good place to score the official adapter and controller. Nintendo is still producing these accessories, they're just not getting supplied in many areas (like the US for example). Amazon JP restocked in January. I believe there's another round due for March-April. I just looked and it seems that they sold out of their back orders. Still, keep your eyes there. Stock pops back in from time to time.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
The past week or so I've had really good luck with randoms in Battle Arenas. Consistently getting low latency matches with people around my skill level. I'm not sure how the matchmaking can so often given me shitty connections and people well outside my skill range.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Hey Era,

I am running my first online Smash Tournament this month, Jun 27-28th! This is a global online tourney and the winners receive a Smash Ultimate Commemorative coin! Registration is free and I already have some skilled players signed up from USA, NL, Belgium, Mexico, and other countries. To try and ensure good connections, we are verifying which players will use ethernet adapters and giving them more favorable seeding. So if you are on WiFi, you will have a tougher path to Grand Finals. I know many of you are really solid competitors and am trying to source players of this caliber to make it an event to remember! If you are stuck at home the last weekend of june, please join us and Settle it Inside!

Register for free here!

I'd also like to ask for some advice setting up the stream, I have friends with capture cards and am trying to figure out how to stream everyone's commentary on one twitch channel without being twitch affiliates/partners. Thanks, I am also competing, so see you in bracket!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I need some help understanding how to play Smash. My background are 2d fighters, where even though I don't consider myself a good player, I still have some basic notions on what I'm supposed to do, but here in Smash I'm in blank. For example, I don't really know how to attack an opponent since I feel that all my attacks are unsafe. Also I don't know how to position myself within the game. And others things that I'm probably not aware

I main Lucina, and here are some videos of me playing

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I need some help understanding how to play Smash. My background are 2d fighters, where even though I don't consider myself a good player, I still have some basic notions on what I'm supposed to do, but here in Smash I'm in blank. For example, I don't really know how to attack an opponent since I feel that all my attacks are unsafe. Also I don't know how to position myself within the game. And others things that I'm probably not aware

I main Lucina, and here are some videos of me playing

You might get more answers if you come to the Smash thread in the main forum. That's where we all hang out.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
So I booted Smash yesterday and there was a notification about some kind of an European online qualifier taking place in-game on the 16th of this month.
Anyone has more info on this?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So I booted Smash yesterday and there was a notification about some kind of an European online qualifier taking place in-game on the 16th of this month.
Anyone has more info on this?
I don't think NoE have announced anything on social media yet. It'll be using the online tourney qualifier mode only available in Japan and the US before now.

EDIT: Scratch that, they've posted the rules already:

www.nintendo.co.uk

Special events

Compete against other players in fun, limited-time online events with the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate European Online Challenge!

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I don't think NoE have announced anything on social media yet. It'll be using the online tourney qualifier mode only available in Japan and the US before now.

EDIT: Scratch that, they've posted the rules already:

www.nintendo.co.uk

Special events

Compete against other players in fun, limited-time online events with the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate European Online Challenge!
Thanks!

Wii Tank

Oct 27, 2017
Is the discord still a thing? I think I left it by accident a while ago.

Edit: Huh, I guess I'm not the only one

Last edited:

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also looking to get back on the discord. I definitely don't think I left it, but for some reason I don't have it anymore?

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
When did Sephiroth every carry his fake ass long sword backwards like a ninja? Looks dumb. Also, beat his punk ass in 7 seconds.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I can see I wasn't the only one who was kicked from the Discord server. I knew I was inactive but I love peeking in there every once in awhile. : )

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I bought this game more than 1 year ago. So far I have played maybe a total of 3 hours . I am not an alien to fighting game, I am like average at tekken and street fighter but this game is not clicking at all for me . To be fair it's my first smash game ever but it feels very strange for me playing this game, like I can't tell what the hell is happening. Any tips would be welcome because I don't want to give up on this game just yet .

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this game more than 1 year ago. So far I have played maybe a total of 3 hours . I am not an alien to fighting game, I am like average at tekken and street fighter but this game is not clicking at all for me . To be fair it's my first smash game ever but it feels very strange for me playing this game, like I can't tell what the hell is happening. Any tips would be welcome because I don't want to give up on this game just yet .

This thread here is pretty dead so come on over to the DLC discussion thread. That's basically a universal Smash talking spot.