• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

glasiche

Avenger
Feb 12, 2018
This is great, I've played 4 matches in ver 2.0 and the last 2 matches, 4th place quit after they got knocked out first. Get a load of this, one was a piranha plant trying to cheapskate a 2.6 mil GSP. This is outrageous like who even cares about a character that nobody has mained yet and I can't get through more than half my matches without a fake disconnect this is crazy

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My best characters hover around 3.4 million GSP. Am I nasty? Frail? No clue.

Otherwise, plant is fun to play as! I think being new helps her just because you can land a lot of surprise attacks

Last edited:

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo just sent me the Piranha Plant code I should have gotten weeks ago. I already got a different one from support, so maybe someone here can use this one:

B15303YG2RL1FGRM

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Trying to get into Elite, right around 3.3mio with Mac and I get matched up with Jigglypuff on fucking regular Hanenbow?!!! Are you kidding?

I've been getting more and more bullshit matches since the last patch. The matchmaking is getting wonky again

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
So it looks like Piranha Plant is now available for individual purchase. Going for $4.99 in the US.

I'm glad they put it out there immediately for purchase, their wording with regard to timing was a bit ambiguous before.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My best characters hover around 3.4 million GSP. Am I nasty? Frail? No clue.

Otherwise, plant is fun to play as! I think being new helps her just because you can land a lot of surprise attacks
Dude, I'm trying my best at this game, hitting the lab, watching vids etc and I'm happy to get 100k with a character.

Come on.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I have no idea how to unlock Piranha Plant. gg Nintendo
  • If you redeemed your My Nintendo Gold Points for the game (done automatically for the digital version) before the end of January, you should have received an email with the code to get Piranha Plant for free.
  • If you didn't do that, you have to pay for Piranha Plant.
  • For Piranha Plant to appear in-game, you need to update to the latest version (2.0.0).

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
  • If you redeemed your My Nintendo Gold Points for the game (done automatically for the digital version) before the end of January, you should have received an email with the code to get Piranha Plant for free.
  • If you didn't do that, you have to pay for Piranha Plant.
  • For Piranha Plant to appear in-game, you need to update to the latest version (2.0.0).
It turned out I had started the update, but it hadn't finished yet (and didn't give any obvious indication except for the bar on the home screen)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Heya folks! Is there any good recommended gamecube adapter that aren't sold by Nintendo? They're pretty pricey here in Canada so I wonder if there's a good third party peripheral that does a great job and works decently.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's with everyone hiding their GSP when they win? Why click the stats page off so quickly? I just wanna see if I got beat by a good player or not. It's so annoying.

Man, I'm not getting any better at this game and there doesn't seem to be any structure to getting better. At least in other fighters it's clear what to lab, in this one it seems random. Maybe I'll just give up.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
What's with everyone hiding their GSP when they win? Why click the stats page off so quickly? I just wanna see if I got beat by a good player or not. It's so annoying.

Man, I'm not getting any better at this game and there doesn't seem to be any structure to getting better. At least in other fighters it's clear what to lab, in this one it seems random. Maybe I'll just give up.
Dunno about GSP, but in local play I tend to mash A to get to the next match.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done collecting all the Spirits in this game.

From the board I'm only missing Dialga, Palkia and Kazuhira Miller. Had all the appreared on the board for me before but either lost the fight or the minigame. I guess my best bet is wait for a Pokémon / MGS event.

From the challenge board I'm missing Mew which will be the most annoying to get.

Last I'm missing 10 fighter spirits you get by completing classic mode.
But how do I actually get the Spirits for the alt-costumes (like Lucha Pikachu or the Bowser Jr. alts) outside of the shop? I did a classic playthrough with Roy (BowsJr. alt) but did not get his spirit.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But how do I actually get the Spirits for the alt-costumes (like Lucha Pikachu or the Bowser Jr. alts) outside of the shop? I did a classic playthrough with Roy (BowsJr. alt) but did not get his spirit.
They don't appear outside of the shop. If you have all the Classic spirits, just keep playing to refresh the shop, and they'll appear at some point.

Spirit Board and the shops are all weighted to populate with spirits you don't have, so it's not too much of a hassle if you only have a few remaining.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm almost done collecting all the Spirits in this game.

From the board I'm only missing Dialga, Palkia and Kazuhira Miller. Had all the appreared on the board for me before but either lost the fight or the minigame. I guess my best bet is wait for a Pokémon / MGS event.

From the challenge board I'm missing Mew which will be the most annoying to get.

Last I'm missing 10 fighter spirits you get by completing classic mode.
I'm not sure if Pikachu Libre even has a Spirit.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Heya folks! Is there any good recommended gamecube adapter that aren't sold by Nintendo? They're pretty pricey here in Canada so I wonder if there's a good third party peripheral that does a great job and works decently.

I looked around last weekend in the GTA and couldn't even find the eb branded one. Some independent stores have a no branded one.

Instead bought the wireless GameCube controller made for Switch. I think it was $70. Glad I went wireless even though I have an original near new GC controller straight from Japan.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
You get games way faster, but I don't get my stage or rules half the time now
I prefer the 30 second wait and getting a better chance of fighting on my stage and ruleset

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Asking for a friend. Hope you guys can quickly help.

Can you mess up the chance to get all the three endings in world of light in the final area? My mate has done one ending, but now says there aren't enough spirits left on the board to get all the light across to reach the other final boss.

Is he screwed, or is there a way to still get all three endings?

If he's screwed, does he have to start a whole new file again from the beginning? Thanks for the help.

Escapist

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, I have not been following this game at all (not even a little), but I religiously played all the prior Smash games with the exception of the Wii U one. I finally bought this one on sale yesterday.

I might just be crazy or really out of practice, but has anyone else found this game REALLY hard? Like ??? levels of hard. When I began it on Normal I was super excited after the cutscene, and then after getting pummeled probably forty times by Bayonetta sliding her butt back and forth on some castle stage, I was like, ok, I am just gonna restart this on easy mode and go a different path because I will not let anything sour my love for the Smash series.

But here I am again on easy mode stuck elsewhere. I'm gonna get treading but the thought of unlocking 76 characters like this has me nervous.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Asking for a friend. Hope you guys can quickly help.

Can you mess up the chance to get all the three endings in world of light in the final area? My mate has done one ending, but now says there aren't enough spirits left on the board to get all the light across to reach the other final boss.

Is he screwed, or is there a way to still get all three endings?

If he's screwed, does he have to start a whole new file again from the beginning? Thanks for the help.
Once you defeat every spirit in the final area, all three endings can be accessed.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I have not been following this game at all (not even a little), but I religiously played all the prior Smash games with the exception of the Wii U one. I finally bought this one on sale yesterday.

I might just be crazy or really out of practice, but has anyone else found this game REALLY hard? Like ??? levels of hard. When I began it on Normal I was super excited after the cutscene, and then after getting pummeled probably forty times by Bayonetta sliding her butt back and forth on some castle stage, I was like, ok, I am just gonna restart this on easy mode and go a different path because I will not let anything sour my love for the Smash series.

But here I am again on easy mode stuck elsewhere. I'm gonna get treading but the thought of unlocking 76 characters like this has me nervous.
World of Light can vary in intensity wildly, yeah.

FYI you never have to restart the game to change difficulty. It's in the options while you're in world of light.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Here, have a list of music stuff
I've decided to list out every single track included in "Music" but not "My Music." Here are the total tracks for each franchise (Mario, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, etc. aren't included because all their songs are select-able) with 50 total:
  • Animal Crossing (6)*
  • Super Smash Bros. Series (38)
    • Super Smash Bros. (2)
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee (5)
    • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (10)
    • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U (10)
    • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (11)
  • Splatoon (4)
  • Street Fighter (2)

And here are the exact track names for each franchise (ordered alphabetically),
Animal Crossing (6)*:
  • K.K. Cruisin'
  • K.K. Western
  • K.K. Gumbo
  • Rockin' K.K.
  • DJ K.K.
  • K.K. Condor
*Tracks can be played on stage, they just aren't select-able

Super Smash Bros Series (38)
-Super Smash Bros. (2):
  • How to Play - Super Smash Bros.
  • Menu - Super Smash Bros.
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (5):
  • Opening - Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Trophies
  • Tournament
  • Tournament 2
  • All-Star Intro
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (10):
  • Adventure Map
  • Step: The Plain
  • Step: Subspace
  • Home Run Contest
  • Trophy Gallery
  • Sticker Album/Album/Chronicle
  • Tournament Registration
  • Tournament Grid
  • Tournament Match End
  • All-Star Rest Area - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U (10):
  • Results Screen - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
  • Classic: Results Screen
  • Classic: Final Results
  • Classic: Fail
  • Master Core
  • Master Fortress: First Wave
  • Gallery/Hoard
  • Replay/Album/Records
  • All-Star Rest Area - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
  • StreetSmash
-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (11):
  • Classic Mode: Mural
  • Classic Mode: Defeat
  • Classic Mode: Final Results
  • The Final Battle: After the Transformation
  • Free the Spirit!
  • Spirits: Collection
  • Spirits: Inventory/Items
  • Tourney: Battle List
  • Tourney: Winner Announcement
  • Vault
  • Shop

Splatoon (4):
  • Now or Never! - Splatoon
  • Now or Never! - Splatoon 2
  • Now or Never! (Splatfest Version) - Splatoon
  • Now or Never! (Splatfest Version) - Splatoon 2
Street Fighter (2):
  • Player Select Type A
  • Player Select Type B
A couple things to note,
  1. The reason why the total for the Super Smash Bros. series is 38 and not 33 (like I originally believed) is because there are several tracks included in both Menu and Battlefied/Final Destination under "My Music" such as Mob Smash and The Light Realm: March (I couln't figure out what exactly the others ones were).
  2. While they cannot be selected, the six Animal Crossing Tracks listed above can be played on Smashville (and I believe Town & City, but I'm not 100% sure), it just depends on the time of day the battle takes place. They cannot be directly selected in "My Music."
Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I made any mistakes. This post took longer than anticipated and I hope the smash community finds it helpful.

I see no reason why most of these can't be enabled in My Music for various stages and the main menu

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The Now or Nevers work like the Pinch themes, don't they? They'll play but only in the last minute or whatever of the match.

I think Master Core & Master Core: First Wave are both available on the stage selection.

Here's how I'd divvy up the smash songs, at least

Stage:
How to Play (64)
Opening (Melee)
Step: The Plain
Step: Subspace (seriously why aren't the Steps on the stage list when Subspace ver 3 is?)
Streetsmash

Menu:
How to Play (64)
Menu (64)
Opening (Melee)
Trophies (Melee)
All Star (Melee)
All Star (Brawl)
All Star (For 3DS/WiiU)
Adventure Map
Trophy Gallery (Brawl)
Chronicle etc
Gallery/Hoard
Replay/Album/Records
Final Battle: After the Transformation

I'd put all the tournament themes as random possibilities for Tournament mode.

I would throw out all the home run contest themes and all the weird Classic results themes they brought back. I don't get why those are here at all. They're not really long enough to justify being menu or stage music, nor that interesting. I feel like they're just here for archival purposes? Same with the tournament themes, I guess.

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm STILL working through the Spirits Mode. It's so beefy.

Recently I beat the Fire Emblem stage where you're playing against Mega Man characters with Castlevania music playing in the background, and my fighter of choice was Simon Belmont because he's awesome. Or, it was something like that.

People who say that we rely too much on nostalgia to get our jollies off are full of shit. As someone who grew up on these franchises, this is an amazing experience. I'm loving it and I'm addicted to it. Best Smash ever. PERIOD.

Mar 9, 2018
Is it just me or is Lylat Cruise difficult to play on visually speaking? Like too many things going on in the background combined with the lighting.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta

Just don't bother fighting particularly strong 4-star spirits until you have a strong spirit team of your own.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hey look at the enemies power number in the top right corner, if it's a much bigger than your number then it's gonna be tough. Took me a while to figure that out.

It's just like being under leveled in an rpg. Go and do other battles and come back to that one.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I just hit a Piranha Plant out of his recovery with a charged down smash at 80% and he fucking lived?
The fuck is that

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How on earth do you get to a million GSP from 70k when each win gets about 4k? It's gonna take me ages and that's if I never lose again.

Is it impossible if you wreck your starting score?

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
How on earth do you get to a million GSP from 70k when each win gets about 4k? It's gonna take me ages and that's if I never lose again.

Is it impossible if you wreck your starting score?
It picks up after a while. There are fewer people at such a low GSP, so progression down there is really slow. It's definitely doable, though.