• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow, I haven't figured out how to share stage uploads onto social media, and no one in the other thread seems interested in explaining how. Anyone care to share?

I'd post the stage ID, but now I can't find that on either Ultimate or Smash World, either.
Most people say to search for your own stage and read the code from that, but at least one Era-dweller did not find their own stage, so everyone must be missing something.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I need to find some kind of discord group or just go to locals, because online quickplay is just driving me insane at this point.

After more losses than wins over the past few days, I realized how much I took Bo3/5 or infinite rematch for granted in other titles. Yeah there's technically infinite rematch here, but GSP swings so heavily and it's so in your face that I don't blame people for worrying about it or getting demoralized when/if the number tanks after a loss, or barely budged the needle even after a hard fought victory. I don't think I have ever seen such a strong and prevalent "one and done" atmosphere in any fighting or multiplayer game I have ever played in my life.

But alright, you get into a quick play with decent rulesets and the pressure to play and adapt mid match is insane because you know win or lose, the other person is highly likely going to bail after one game, you gotta hold the L if it happens, or you just won't have the opportunity to keep playing and learning a particular match up (and god, with a game with a roster as big as this, I would prefer larger chunks of learning the match against one character at a time rather than fighting random characters).

Shit, I'm not great at the game at all, but there were definitely a few matches, win or lose where I was like "oh shit, this person is close to my skill level; let me rematch because I think I can learn like th- oh they bailed and now I'm fighting someone entirely different."

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The smash 64 desk is cool until you play on it and realize it's absurdly huge. It takes forever for anyone to kill on that stage

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Joker players are my kryptonite in this game.

Am I mad or is his evasive roll crazy good? Feels like it has invulnerability frames for days and he shoots off like it's smash 4 lucario all over again.
When I finally catch the git it's revealed he'd actually managed to counter and oops it's persona time!

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just based off the few matches I've had against him Joker seems like he counters Olimar incredibly well, he essentially hands you Arsene if he throws a single pikmin onto you.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see Joker's advantages but he's just not for me. KO potential seems weak, and his Persona gimmick is similar to other bar-filler characters but lack the momentum change as opposed to say Cloud with a Limit Break. You really have to bait them into hitting your counter in Persona mode if you want to hit them hard.

I'm curious to see what people do with him. His up and side specials are really intriguing so I can see people taking advantage of them.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Made a Pinball stage, 8C9T3C8F. Tried to strike a balance between functioning pinball and a playable stage; did a search for other Pinball stages and this is (I think) the only one with this type of implementation.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just started messing around with the video editor. Pretty nifty. Here's my first creation (I'm playing Mewtwo).

I can see myself dumping an ungodly amount of time into this during Ultimate's twilight years...

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God dammit I just saw the balance changes, wolf nerfed and they managed to make robin even worse than he already is. At least corrin got some love.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Nice evenly matched 1v1 elite smash round.

This is a super deceptive 3 stock. Looks like I'm getting destroyed! I love the final KO too.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing Ultimate for the first time consistently. Man, I can't really find a character that I like to play. There might be a character that I like that hasn't been unlocked yet, but I feel like I'm losing over half of the "a new contender approaches" fights.

MathLx

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason why I keep getting paired up with people with low GSP when I do team battles online? I have 4,288,000 and I'm consistently paired up with people who have from 2,800,000 to 3,000,000 when I fight two people with 4,300,000+, My teammates obviously die in 2 seconds.

This is frustrating.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I'm a bit late on this but first impressions playing Joker. I LOVE HIM. Very very well detailed and amazing just like he is in Persona 5. However, he seriously has problems if you don't have a good counter game. Arsene is pretty much his gimmick and very important to have up as much as possible. So I feel like if I want to main him I'm gonna have to do some amazing counter reads or just play keep away with airs. He's really fun and i'm just learning him but I lost a lot to friends already that dont even play this game much. Has anyone found any true combos for Joker without Arsene? I tried the grapple hook combo in Zero's video and sometimes opponent can get out.

Persona 5's ost remains some of my favourite. Really nice to have in the game but where is Blooming villain? D:

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it'd be super cool if any of the songs I put at max level would get picked and not the ones I put at 10%.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
After the update, I had a nice set of quickplay matches that felt even. I thought that meant they finally fixed the match making. Now I played today and lost like 6 battles in a row and made me feel like never playing quickplay again. Just a rough night all around.

Also, why can't you search for stages in the app? I keep finding neat stages on Twitter, but unless I'm on my Switch, I won't be able to download it because there isn't even a way to input a code lol.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Joker players are my kryptonite in this game.

Am I mad or is his evasive roll crazy good? Feels like it has invulnerability frames for days and he shoots off like it's smash 4 lucario all over again.
When I finally catch the git it's revealed he'd actually managed to counter and oops it's persona time!

I've come to the conclusion that I really hate fighting against that character, as a Peach main it makes me feel like I'm playing as Slowpoke when I'm fighting Joker. I also feel like I need to work a lot harder to beat a good Joker compared to other characters.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
3.0 is a shit ass patch. Nintendo: Should we improve the shit online? No lets buff all the overused sword characters! brilliant!

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
After the update, I had a nice set of quickplay matches that felt even. I thought that meant they finally fixed the match making. Now I played today and lost like 6 battles in a row and made me feel like never playing quickplay again. Just a rough night all around.

Also, why can't you search for stages in the app? I keep finding neat stages on Twitter, but unless I'm on my Switch, I won't be able to download it because there isn't even a way to input a code lol.
I think their idea is that you use the mobile companion when you can't play on your Switch but happen to be bored, and when you want a specific thing you will not be able to use it until later anyway.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
3.0 is a shit ass patch. Nintendo: Should we improve the shit online? No lets buff all the overused sword characters! brilliant!

In no universe is Corrin overused in this game, lol

I'm glad to see her get QoL changes (and to be honest, she still needs some tweaks to put her in a good spot without just being OP), but I do agree that they should have done something about the online

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love playing as Joker thus far. Can pretty consistently decimate level 8 CPUs, but I can't wait until my local league absolutely destroys me xD
Some strategies I've found from practice. These are probably the general consensus, but I haven't really been paying attention to what strats pros have come out with.

down tilt -> up tilt -> tether -> fair is super dang fun
up tilt -> uair has a lot of juggle potential.
dash attack to knock off stage -> fast fall to tether gimp off stage is great when it hits on characters like ganondorf, plus you can still recover pretty easily.
bair is easily his best aerial for knockback and consistency.
Down Gun is spectacular off stage

I've found my biggest issue when going off stage is canceling out of gun into tether can be kinda sketch. You really have to practice the range and know when you have to stop.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
image0.jpg

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 99.83% in WoL. I've beaten all the bosses, yes even all the endings. I've finished both levels in the Temple of Light. Seriously have 1 square to find and I can't find it.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Salem eliminates MKLeo

3 Snakes in Top 8, too.
But Snake is bottom tier, guys.
Fucking Leffen, lmao.

I'm at 99.83% in WoL. I've beaten all the bosses, yes even all the endings. I've finished both levels in the Temple of Light. Seriously have 1 square to find and I can't find it.

Did you unlock Richter, Chrom and Dark Pit? Those 3 were the last things I was missing.
There also is one item chest along one of the walls in the light world, just above the mushroom area in the bottom left, that you have to jump down to. Some people seem to have missed it.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Are you moving the camera around? Because a lot of people that got stuck were literally traveling around looking for it. Another often-missed chest is the one in the Light world between the jungle and walkable wall pathway that goes through the middle area.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you unlock Richter, Chrom and Dark Pit? Those 3 were the last things I was missing.
There also is one item chest along one of the walls in the light world, just above the mushroom area in the bottom left, that you have to jump down to. Some people seem to have missed it.

I've got those 3 characters yeah. I think I have them all (73, I also have Joker/Plant).I just got that item chest you were referring to recently, so it can't be that.

Are you moving the camera around? Because a lot of people that got stuck were literally traveling around looking for it. Another often-missed chest is the one in the Light world between the jungle and walkable wall pathway that goes through the middle area.

You can just move the camera around? Cause I thought the only options were zoom all the way out and tilt. So yeah I've just been running around. Wow, lol. I'll try that along with that area you mentioned tomorrow. Thanks y'all.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
You know what's hilarious? I'm best with the characters I was the least excited for (Piranha Plant, Inkling, Incenaroar). And I suck with the characters I was hyped for like Simon and K. Rool

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Today I discovered there's a milestone for beating every Classic route and I didn't have it because it doesn't count routes done in co-op
Do you have stars on every subarea? If you're missing a star on one, that's where the last spirit is. Otherwise, it's in the overworld.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Something else to note is that there's the 3 Gourmet Race placements you can have. It actually took me a while to get 2nd place lol.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easier way to unlock characters besides "a challenger approaches" fights? I genuinely can't win any of these.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easier way to unlock characters besides "a challenger approaches" fights? I genuinely can't win any of these.
When you get a character in world of light you unlock them elsewhere, the fights may be easier for you there.

As for the rematches of characters you lost against, since you can pick a character for those, I'd recommend heavyweights like Donkey Kong (and later Bowser and K.Rool when you get them, K.Rool in particular can be a good beginner character for dealing with the computer thanks to his weight, projectiles and recovery)

The challenger approaching fights tripped up even those of us who've played from 64 onwards, heck I went through all of Brawl's story and boss battle modes on intense yet I got dunked on a few times by new challengers, still remember Zelda owning me and Dark Pit cheesing me on the rematch.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This was fun to make and beyond satisfying to do.

Holy Water Steal FTW!

I love 180 attacks. Running and turning, Smash attacks, you name it. And Samus is so good at these.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

World of Light is the easiest, though also quite a time investment. If you look up a map and the location of characters/required stuff, you can skip over some of the spirit fights, at least.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Still playing around with making little highlights. The final KO effect is just too cool in this game.

I really liked the timing of this kick. If they blocked half a second longer they woulda been okay.