• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need to drop Diddy. Not making any headway with him.

Might as well just stick to only Ness from now on.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I've definitely noticed over the past week or so that (1) I have a hard time being successful with rushdown characters and (2) That I have a ton of trouble fighting ultra agressive players.

I think my general play style favors a lot of resets which doesn't mesh well with characters constantly in your face.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So I've been playing this game single player for most of my time with it, but started playing online recently and I'm disheartened with how damn outclassed I am by most people.

If I had to point out my single biggest weakness, I just can't seem to kill for shit. There are times when I just struggle to finish an opponent at 100+, it's driving me mad.

I am a terrible scrub and SP barely taught me shit.

It's also maddening how everything is ranked with that GSP system. I have a string of poor rematches and my GSP is in the gutter.

Any tips on how to improve?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC

Whoa this is an official post? Or is it a parody account?

Edit: Ah yes, parody.

So I've been playing this game single player for most of my time with it, but started playing online recently and I'm disheartened with how damn outclassed I am by most people.

If I had to point out my single biggest weakness, I just can't seem to kill for shit. There are times when I just struggle to finish an opponent at 100+, it's driving me mad.

I am a terrible scrub and SP barely taught me shit.

It's also maddening how everything is ranked with that GSP system. I have a string of poor rematches and my GSP is in the gutter.

Any tips on how to improve?

What GSP are you at? You should be getting pretty easy fights at the beginning.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT

I GOT NEARLY 3 MILLION GSP AND I GOT TOON LINK INTO ELITE SMASH

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
congratz! I still need to play some of you guys some time. Been playing alot of lucas

I used to think Toon Link was a trash character and just an inferior version of Young Link, but as I adapted more to his playstyle and less spamming arrows he started to shine. Boomerang into FAir is godly.

EDIT: Never mind my internet spontaneously shit out and I've lost 100k GSP.

I hate this game so much.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Whoa this is an official post? Or is it a parody account?

Edit: Ah yes, parody.

What GSP are you at? You should be getting pretty easy fights at the beginning.
My freshly picked Lucina got north of two millions after a successful streak of rematches, but yesterday's shitstreak, which demoralized me and led to that post knocked her down to 500K, while a few other who were already low got knocked down to 90k+.

Currently my best is Link at 1.5m (two matches)

Goddamn I suck, it's driving me so mad.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I dunno what advice to give except to keep at it. You should share replays and then maybe I could give some advice.

Sometimes I feel I'm the only person on this forum who shares replays :/

I'm at 5.2 mil GSP with Samus/Dark Samus but every now and then I'll still run into people who utterly destroy me, and I'm not even sure how. It's like they're reading me mind and everything I do just happens to be the wrong move. And I'm pretty damn good myself. So I dunno. There will always be people who school you.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Level 9 CPU in this game just really psychotically good or am I that bad at fighting Hero?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking lost 300k GSP as Toon Link.

Never mind, guess I'm still fucking trash.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It's so demoralizing. I was on a huge roll yesterday with Toon Link and today it's either been lag, curbstompings, or being curbstomped while lagging. I can barely manage to get a hit off anymore.

I hate it when I get to matched up with someone lags so much so bad that it actually affect me. I wish that it would be like another games where I could just pick my preferences to match up with people who used LAN adapter or having reliable connections.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Haven't played online in awhile and OMG I love this tourney mode so much!!!!! Played for a few hours tonight, rarely any lag, won 1st in a few, had a great time overall. It's so cool they let you view replays of all the matches too if you want to spend the time to do so. Very very cool.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So nobody's gonna talk about the fated match up finally happening.
Salem should of never switched to Hero also.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
leo and tweek just met in losers finals at smash con

tweek went up 2-0 and then leo came back with the reverse sweep

it's like poetry..

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OL9PhuF.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what character gives you Imposter Syndrome?

Because every victory with Ness feels hollow.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did K.Rool get buffed or something? He's suddenly really fun to play.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
1v1 Elite Smash. This player was pretty annoying IMO. Too much of a one trick pony just relying on Dedede's side B to trip me up and control the space. I always find these rounds annoying and tedious.

Pretty much destroyed Level 9 Mario. Broke his spirit!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Sucks when you feel like you hit a wall with your main. No matter how well I play K. Rool it doesn't matter when he loses to 80% of the roster. I've put dozens of hours into this character and I don't want to give him up but... man.

I think I'm just having an off day though. I was doing really well yesterday.

Hoping his old friend Banjo can bring some buffs.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hello. Looking for impressive stage creation suggestions to download that are traditional stage designs (i.e. not mini-games). I saw there was a Bob-Omb Battlefield one in a GameXplain video, but the code doesn't seem to work anymore. :/

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Hello. Looking for impressive stage creation suggestions to download that are traditional stage designs (i.e. not mini-games). I saw there was a Bob-Omb Battlefield one in a GameXplain video, but the code doesn't seem to work anymore. :/
Unfortunately custom stages are deleted after a few months. Since most of the hype was around the launch of that feature, you'll probably find most lists are full of dead IDs.