• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what am I missing in WoL?

I've cleared 608 spaces.

I'm at 98.86%.

Any idea what spaces I could be missing?

I'm apparently missing a facility as that challenge didn't unlock.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This ranking system is so fucking shitty.
My Pokemon Trainer: around 2,8 million right now. If I win against someone with equal ranking I get around 40k points.
My Pikachu: Never played with Pikachu online before, was at 2,1 million, I won 3 games, I'm now at 3,1 million.

It doesn't matter who you win against at all. The only thing that matters is how often you lose. Meaning the more often you play a character (meaning the more you lose with a character), the harder it gets to rank up.

Who on earth thought this system was a good idea.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Got my Switch yesterday and so finally my very first Nintendo console, I always loved playing Smash at parties with friends but it is so much different actually owning it, I fucking suck at it lol Jury Han spirit (Bayo) was kicking my ass really bad, my hands aren't that big so I find Joycon + packed in grip to be perfectly fine but I do wonder if I should save for some time and invest on a Pro controller or a GC one (never tried one of those).

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Switch yesterday and so finally my very first Nintendo console, I always loved playing Smash at parties with friends but it is so much different actually owning it, I fucking suck at it lol Jury Han spirit (Bayo) was kicking my ass really bad, my hands aren't that big so I find Joycon + packed in grip to be perfectly fine but I do wonder if I should save for some time and invest on a Pro controller or a GC one (never tried one of those).
Even if you were perfectly fine, I'd still suggest a Pro Controller. Those things are fantastic.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to clear my WOL, at 99.51. The castlevania level doesn't have a star next to it but I cannot for the life of me find what's missing there. Anyone know of any weird hard to find spots there?

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
In the store (under the vault in the main menu) I can buy 8 things, but there are slots for ten. Does anyone know what I have to do to unlock the last two?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
m2k says zero might not go to genesis because he's being offered big money to stream kingdom hearts 3 the same weekend

lmao
Ha, I heard zero say there was no way he was missing streaming KH3 for genesis, but I didn't know that was the reason. Are Disney/Square that interested in making Twitch playthroughs happen?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Is The Valedictory Elegy (song from Baten Kaitos) obtainable in Ultimate? I heard it during a spirit fight but I haven't found how to unlock it yet. :(

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez...

Since Marx can be enchanced, do I need to do World of Light twice to have a regular and enhanced Marx Spirit?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Can we appreciate how everyone in the Ylissean Royal Family is top-tier in Ultimate?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Is there a list of which stages share the exact same song list for My Music? (Example: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination appear to have identical lists.)

I need to spend some time finally setting all of this up since I have all the songs now.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of which stages share the exact same song list for My Music? (Example: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination appear to have identical lists.)

I need to spend some time finally setting all of this up since I have all the songs now.
A stage should have all the songs from the series. So all Kirby stages have access to all Kirby songs. The only ones that are a bit weird about this are Mario Kart stages (only Mario Kart songs) and Yoshi since it also has some Super Mario World music mixed in.

I definitely spent some time finely curating each stages song list. Sometimes it's easy, like of course the Twilight Princess stage would have Twilight Princess songs. But some levels are generic in their setting or there is too much overlap. But rest assured I have created the finest playlist known to man.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

It's based on series with the caveat of Figure-8 Circuit and Mario Circuit, which use the Mario Kart songs instead of the Mario songs, and the "other" stages.
Summit, Hanenbow, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, Pictochat 2, Duck Hunt, Wrecking Crew, Pilotwings, & Wuhu Island all share the "Other" sound list.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
1293 spirits. I need alts you need to buy in the shop, Mew that you gotta unlock in challenges.

And bonkers. #372. Anyone know how to find that one? I've seen it but I haven't seen it since.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Losing in this game makes me angry and idk why, I don't feel like this when I lose other multiplayer games

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to check out the challenge board and was momentarily confused to see that I was out of hammers—which made no sense to me as I had 6 or so and hadn't used a single one.

That's what I get for letting my niece and nephew play on my file (I encouraged them to, because who has time for all that unlocking). Ah well.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Isn't it great when you say no to a rematch and the game matches you up with the same exact person anyway?

And it matches you up 2 times in a row with their bullshit ass rules. Isn't that great?

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Elite with Yoshi, Wii Fit and Incineroar so far. Had a pretty grueling run with Incineroar today, but we're finally up there!

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but how is this game in handheld mode? I always see people using pro controllers so is it also good using joy cons and a smaller screen?

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but how is this game in handheld mode? I always see people using pro controllers so is it also good using joy cons and a smaller screen?

I mean I've done pretty much 50 or so hours on handheld only and I have no issues. Mind you this is my first smash game and I'm no pro so...

On another note, tried online for the first time tonight being an Aussie. Oof. Some matches seemed ok, others just bad. I assume this is mostly the norm for all from what I read previously?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
One month later and I just noticed it shows an icon in the stats screen for assist trophy kills.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Why do people put Smash Balls on if they're not going to go after them?

Seems like every time I face someone with them on, they just ignore them and then I get a free kill because I bothered to hit it a few times.

They also put them on and then don't seem to know how character's FSs work, since they all seem to stand directly in front of me and don't really make any effort to dodge Wolf/Pokemon Trainer/Dark Samus' Final Smashes

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

It runs well in handheld mode :) All controller options are fine, but you sadly can't use gamecube controllers when in handheld mode.

Why do people put Smash Balls on if they're not going to go after them?

Seems like every time I face someone with them on, they just ignore them and then I get a free kill because I bothered to hit it a few times.

Could be many reasons. While going after the smash ball, you're open for the opponent's attacks as you may suffer end lag from hitting the smash ball.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I've done pretty much 50 or so hours on handheld only and I have no issues. Mind you this is my first smash game and I'm no pro so...
It runs well in handheld mode :) All controller options are fine, but you sadly can't use gamecube controllers when in handheld mode.

Ok cool thanks guys. Just bought the game so I'll see how it goes.
I'm new to smash though so I'm not gonna use a GameCube controller.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I have over 125 hours entirely in handheld mode and am just outside of Elite Smash.
Using joycons hasn't been a problem. Well outside of the fact my left one has started badly drifting lol so I have to use pro controller for now but as long as they're functioning correctly you should be fine.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Anything more than 2 players on a small stage is unplayable on handheld as far as I'm concerned. I have a hard enough time tracking some of the action with more players on a 65" TV as it is.

Shit visually blends together too much in this game compared to previous Smash games. It badly needs an adjustable 3DS character outline option imo.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Been doing other stuff but decided to grind out the last character unlocks I have. I'm at 70 characters. Was doing the 1-stock match against low-level opponent, beat challenger, reset the game loop. But now no one is showing up when I do that. I also don't have anyone in Challenger's Approach. I've only ever lost to Dark Pit and he isn't showing up there. Tried like 3 or 4 1-stock matches in a row and no one appeared. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Been doing other stuff but decided to grind out the last character unlocks I have. I'm at 70 characters. Was doing the 1-stock match against low-level opponent, beat challenger, reset the game loop. But now no one is showing up when I do that. I also don't have anyone in Challenger's Approach. I've only ever lost to Dark Pit and he isn't showing up there. Tried like 3 or 4 1-stock matches in a row and no one appeared. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
It just starts taking longer as you unlock more of them. 1 stock matches won't add significantly to the unlock threshold after a point, but you're still making progress.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know where to get the Hakkun Spirit?
latest

I'm only missing one Spirit (besides getting Dracula and Marx again, but I'm working on them), and it's one that needs to be summoned with Hakkun, but I haven't been able to find a duplicate Hakkun yet (I don't want to get rid of the only copy I have of any Spirit, even though I know it's easy to get them back). I can't remember where I got Hakkun before. Anyone know if it might be in World of Light, and if so where? And if not, does it appear in any shop or on the Spirit Board?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Charizard was disobeying Red in Smash 4, that's why he was alone
The returning Pokémon Trainer can send out Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as Charizard, which is back at the Pokémon Trainer's side after its previous standalone appearance. We'd like to believe that this Charizard merely decided to disobey its Trainer for a little while, much like Ash's Charizard did in Pokémon the Series.

Also
Although Super Smash Bros. Ultimate doesn't introduce any new Pokémon stages, nearly every arena in series history is within reach
RIP Pokefloats

Last edited: