• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My Incineroar's GSP isnt going up. Is there a limit?
The limit is the total number of users, roughly, currently the max is somewhere around 3.75 million. Are you above 3.6 million, that's about the cutoff for Elite Smash, per https://www.elitegsp.com/. You don't gain GSP if your opponent disconnects and sometimes the number doesn't seem to change at all for some reason, it's happened to me numerous times here and there

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Burying is a terrible mechanic goddamn. Also playing with drifting joycons and the unresponsive online makes this game so frustrating. Especially since my just button decides to work half of the time when I need to double jump

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
The limit is the total number of users, roughly, currently the max is somewhere around 3.75 million. Are you above 3.6 million, that's about the cutoff for Elite Smash, per https://www.elitegsp.com/. You don't gain GSP if your opponent disconnects and sometimes the number doesn't seem to change at all for some reason, it's happened to me numerous times here and there

When your opponent rage quits you get no GSP is probably one of the dumbest decisions Nintendo has made with this online.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem is always in the right place at the right time to get new Smash characters and I'm slightly maddened by it.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not earnestly expecting a Fire Emblem DLC character, but I can't say I'd be surprised if Byleth or Edelgard show up.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the point of adding a new FE character to Ultimate as DLC. People interested in Smash and FE already got the game.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
So, I'll post it again in the hopes someone has similar experience. I primarily play Mewtwo/Olimar and really enjoy them in Ultimate. But I really have trouble with inklings. Not even really incredible inklings, but I have a hard time nonetheless. I switch to Corrin/Snake sometimes because it's a little better matchup, but with all my top 5 characters I struggle against any decent Inkling. I had such a hard time mashing out post patch that I set my Dpad to shield and it still isn't working fast enough. Inkling has a lot of good matchups, so just some general advice on how to deal with them would help

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
They want you to buy more games
There's a point where this stops being effective.

Like, Brawl got me interested in Kirby, since Brawl Kirby stuff was so outside my then-current idea of Kirby games yet inside my idea of what makes stuff cool. Since then, I've been spending way too much time on the internet kinda in order to avoid being taken by surprise in this way again. But I cannot remotely imagine Smash making me buy, say, Pokemon games at this point in time even if that was not the case. There's a pretty diverse set of creatures playable already, perhaps it has a bit of type skew, surely a lot of things could be added, but together with stages and Pokeballs there's a pretty cohesive image in Smash of what Pokemon is.

With Fire Emblem the situation is slightly more complicated because everything* is sword-type*. At the same time, the roster has accumulated enough of these guys that anyone playing Smash who's not aware FE is a thing they would like is probably not into looking things up at all and any particular DLC fighter won't change it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much money Fire Emblem Heroes prints, I think we're way past the point that FE needs the latest lord in Smash to sell the game.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Mainly been playing offline lately, but the Adventure mode is actually pretty fun. The character + spirit combinations are fun (although some like the one with the Sheriff spirit that keeps firing at you was a pain until I got the right one to counter it), I literally was "wow, that actually happened" when the Ouendan Cheerleaders spirit played alongside that one song from Style Savvy (which I now have stuck in my head due to it being a pretty catchy tune).

Still have about half of right-hand part of the world to clear, annoyed I didn't find out about the gym until I was basically almost done with the left-hand & middle sides, though. x_x

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Lttp, but good lord the last level is awful. How is Sakurai so good at building gameplay systems and so terrible at creating gameplay scenarios.

Septimius

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to pick up Ken, but I'm having issue with his recovery. If I run off the stage, how I do manage to turn around, so my DP goes back towards the stage, instead of away from it?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I mean, Chrom still is only one character. If there was 2 newcomers that are a semi-clone and an echo of an already existing character (Simon is brand-new after all), I imagine they both would've gotten a heavy amount of flak, regardless of series. Imagine the backlash if they had added Chrom as an Echo but also Sigurd as a Roy-styled semi-clone of Marth. People would not have been happy.

The fact we ended up with 4 Marths is kind of more happenstance than anything else.

I'm trying to pick up Ken, but I'm having issue with his recovery. If I run off the stage, how I do manage to turn around, so my DP goes back towards the stage, instead of away from it?

You should be able to steer the DP by holding the direction you want to go into. Ken and Ryu always face their opponents, so if your enemy is off-stage, you'll have to steer the DP towards the stage.

Last edited:

Septimius

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Chrom still is only one character. If there was 2 newcomers that are a semi-clone and an echo of an already existing character (Simon is brand-new after all), I imagine they both would've gotten a heavy amount of flak, regardless of series. Imagine the backlash if they had added Chrom as an Echo but also Sigurd as a Roy-styled semi-clone of Marth. People would not have been happy.

The fact we ended up with 4 Marths is kind of more happenstance than anything else.

You should be able to steer the DP by holding the direction you want to go into. Ken and Ryu always face their opponents, so if your enemy is off-stage, you'll have to steer the DP towards the stage.

I'm guessing up+towards stage + b is the way to go with recovery - that I shouldn't be using true DPs for recovery

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing up+towards stage + b is the way to go with recovery - that I shouldn't be using true DPs for recovery

I imagine in the heat of the moment getting the true DP input in the right direction on an analog stick might be tough as hell. It also doesn't give you any additional distance. The only upside of doing the DP input is some invincibility frames, which isn't exactly important unless you play at a high level. If you want to get there though, learning how to do it reliably (or getting that Smash-compatible arcade stick) is definitely worth it.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I still have to complete the Obtain all Adventure Skills challenge, so I think I'm gonna NG+ WoL and play through as Wario [mostly] without spirits. Hoping it will help hone my skills as him. Although, I know I'll stop playing right after finishing off my skills.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
A nice bonus of an official character reveal for Ultimate DLC, is when they're added to the website, we'll know all their alt colors.
I don't thinkthat's true? I mean, we knew all of Piranha Plant's, but that's more because they wanted the joke of squirtle weaving between the taunts.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Every character's official art on the Smashbros site has all their alts if you click on it. It's been like that since a few weeks after Piranha Plant was announced.
yooooooooooooo what the hell!
This is the first time I've seen that that's cool

aaaa they even made sure the name changes for the koopalings & alph, that's great