• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be more surprised if we didn't see a Joker gameplay trailer in the Direct.

I'm hoping they also announce "Brave," but that's far from guaranteed at this point. I just can't think of a better time for them to announce a new DLC character until E3, and that's a long time (particularly if Joker releases around April as a few seem to suspect).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
if there's another Direct in April, I think they'd save "Yuusha" for that one

otherwise, I think we'll see something for them in addition to Joker

Why would there be another General Direct in two months?

(I honestly don't think we'll see another general presentation until E3. A Pokémon Direct, of course, is not out of the question.)

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man once you get in Elite Smash the game gets way more annoying.

Sometimes you find really capable opponents that will make your work and engage with the game and then you get Fox players that go to the other side of the map and spam laser and get lucky stray hits. Like they have enough sense to get kills but don't know how to actually play the game otherwise. Almost feels like the game rewards people for cheese strats then playing the game

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Adjusting My Music settings for each stage is a freaking chore. There should be a way to have every song default to the same frequency.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Adjusting My Music settings for each stage is a freaking chore. There should be a way to have every song default to the same frequency.
They should just allow one to hide songs entirely for stages cos Mario, Zelda and Other stages are just long lists you have to scroll through now.

The game already have playlist functionality so they could have tweaked it so we could have a custom playlist for each stage.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a Joker gameplay reveal, maybe a release date, and a big maybe on any sort of additional character hints/reveals.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wonder if Joker will release sooner than we're assuming (like early/mid March)

Piranha Plant's patch was just... it and some minor balance tweaks. Didn't really seem like a very big update. And it seemed mostly done months ago (and was apparently close to done even well before that according to a leak from August).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Joker will release sooner than we're assuming (like early/mid March)

Piranha Plant's patch was just... it and some minor balance tweaks. Didn't really seem like a very big update. And it seemed mostly done months ago (and was apparently close to done even well before that according to a leak from August).
probably not that close to done even if it was seemingly in play testing, apparently PP's values changed between the "gold" g ame, the day 0 update and release. It definitely seems like a character they kept tweaking. I mean shoot at one point it had 3 jumps, who knows what else was changed or rebalanced.

Also the PP update probably did more than it seemed. It fixed a lot of glitches, it touched most of the cast in some way (generally for the better), rebalanced burying time and so on. It may not have added, like, new modes or spirits, but it was probably a beefier update to put out than it seems.

unrelated

Last edited:

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What great timing! I got this for as a party game, but I've been playing the game solo lately and just cleared every page of the challenges outside of Smash and Online!

Reminiscing on the Spirits campaign, I think it was fantastic! I was impressed at the amount of details, not to mention the scale! It kept going, and the challenges were always engaging. It took me something like 97 hours to complete the game on hard, but I scoured every every inch and got 100% completion.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

If we're getting Joker that early, I definitely think we'll see "Brave" in this Direct.

(I'm still expecting Joker around April.)

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

That's not sooner than I'm assuming at all.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
If the next character is Erdrick, I wonder if we will get a reveal trailer animated by Bird Studio, kind of like how the Joker trailer was animated by CloverWorks.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
They could make a trailer using sprites that would be pretty cool and cheap to make

dq3andios_044.jpg

Just tweak some text for DQ3 to be about Erdrick getting a letter and then show a pixel version of the Smash letter over his head

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I always figured an Erdrick trailer would just be showing Erdrick, sporting an NES or SNES design, walking around a world map before getting into a random battle against Mario, Link, etc. And then it transitions into a Smash trailer.

But maybe I'm weird, lol.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I dislike Young Link.

It's not that I don't know what to do against him, but man it's just an annoying matchup with my playstyle, no matter who I'm using.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Its an amazing feeling when a character just clicks and feels so intuitive. After two months of drifting between characters.... King K. Rool to Marth to Cloud to Samus.. finally I have found a character that just feels like an incredibly natural fit.

Ness_SSB.png
Ness_SSB.png
Ness_SSB.png

Strange because I haven't really enjoyed Ness in other installments. I think the key change was the super long directional air dodge. It really revolutionizes his recovery.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Its an amazing feeling when a character just clicks and feels so intuitive. After two months of drifting between characters.... King K. Rool to Marth to Cloud to Samus.. finally I have found a character that just feels like an incredibly natural fit.

Ness_SSB.png
Ness_SSB.png
Ness_SSB.png

Strange because I haven't really enjoyed Ness in other installments. I think the key change was the super long directional air dodge. It really revolutionizes his recovery.
Ive played too much lucas so his PKT2 just seems like ass in comparison and I can't go back. Ness is fun in this version though.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hardly noticed any Plants even on the day of release. Most people sticking to their main or playing random
I didn't specifically pick him because I figured everybody else would, but then nobody did lol
He's fun tho, I still get tricked by the armor the down-B gives him

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
With Miis being allowed online, DLC Mii hats might actually make some decent money this time around

People really love showing others that they spent 1.99 for a puppy costume

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it sounds like they're not sure how much their budget will hold for later ones to me
You know who's never, ever, ever picked by anyone?

Rosalina

I don't think I've ever faced a single Rosalina online.
I once got in a four-player match against one Rosalina where the other three players including myself were K. Rools

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
With Miis being allowed online, DLC Mii hats might actually make some decent money this time around

People really love showing others that they spent 1.99 for a puppy costume
Hey hey hey
They were 75 cents

But I mean if they raised the price and included music with it well i mean....................