• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm actively rooting for Salem to win it all.
Lol it would be so poetic if Salem won this with Snake

Last edited:

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Someone help me understand the drama around Salem? I'm not as connected to the scene anymore like I used to

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone help me understand the drama around Salem? I'm not as connected to the scene anymore like I used to

Leffen said on Twitter that Snake is bottom tier, and Salem got into an argument with him about it, resulting in Salem saying Melee players like Leffen only playing Ultimate for the clicks (or something to that extent) and Leffen not knowing what he's talking about, stuff like that. Leffen was really derisive before Salem's outburst tho.
Salem later took down those tweets, but that's basically where that beef came from.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Leffen said on Twitter that Snake is bottom tier, and Salem got into an argument with him about it, resulting in Salem saying Melee players like Leffen only playing Ultimate for the clicks (or something to that extent) and Leffen not knowing what he's talking about, stuff like that. Leffen was really derisive before Salem's outburst tho.
Salem later took down those tweets, but that's basically where that beef came from.
This all sounds so silly

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
imagine thinking Snake is bottom tier in this game though

when he's a walking, talking salvo, blasting off in every direction. like fuck your stage choice. I make the stage, as I play.

my Snake laughs at the thought of ever falling from Elite Smash

I can't even keep another character up there but Snake, wheeeew. And it still feels to me like this character's true potential has not really been tapped yet.

(as a Brawl and PM Snake main, y'all don't even know how happy I am to say this shit)

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Why the hell does Peach not have any kill attacks anymore? Almost every fight had me killing someone >160%! 😡

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the highest GSPs that people have seen? I'm by no means a pro, but I'm proud of my Samus who's just below 4 million.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
3-stocking someone after losing to them feels so good.

On another note, approaching as Jigglypuff can be such a pain against many characters, but it's such a fun character to play otherwise. I'm actually quite surprised by my own success with 'Puff online, but I'm chalking that up more to my opponents not knowing the matchup than to my own skill.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man that was a bummer for esam, dude was stunting

light didn't even look too happy with his win. fun tournament overall though

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Almost all 8 characters I've used online have reached over 3 million GSP. The only straggler is Marth, which I got very close with but then the losing streak started. It's been kind of surprising to me because that Marth's the one I have trouble with because he's been one of my mains since Brawl, and I thought he was one of my better characters, but I guess not. At least not in Ultimate. :/

On the other hand, I don't mind too much since he is still fun to play, and him having a lower GSP gives me an excuse to use him more.

Edit: Did it. :3

Last edited:

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Uh... there goes more into balance than the number of kill moves. Peach is one of the best characters in the game, probably even THE single best.
I've never played against a good Peach in this game, do they even exist? I tried to learn her and I figured out why...I'm just decent to good with her bc of her limitations...I've never tried so hard to kill with a character before...she was godly in older versions because of combo potential which got thrown out in this version...

EDIT: and reason why one kill attack is awful is because it's easier to read what the player will be planning...

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played against a good Peach in this game, do they even exist? I tried to learn her and I figured out why...I'm just decent to good with her bc of her limitations...I've never tried so hard to kill with a character before...she was godly in older versions because of combo potential which got thrown out in this version...

tenor.gif

Is today opposite day?

she's the best character in the game. check this out if you want to see some of peach's potential:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh that video just proved my point of how hard it takes Peach to kill opponent...

What are you even talking about, Samsora's consistently killing his opponents at around 120%. Just from these videos, I've seen him kill people with various aerials, back throw and Peach's absolutely bonkers edge guarding and ledge trapping. I honestly have no idea what you're on about. Not every character can hit like bloody Ganondorf.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
What are you even talking about, Samsora's consistently killing his opponents at around 120%. Just from these videos, I've seen him kill people with various aerials, back throw and Peach's absolutely bonkers edge guarding and ledge trapping. I honestly have no idea what you're on about. Not every character can hit like bloody Ganondorf.
Go back to my first post. You were able to kill with Peach easier in the older games...

The reason I brought this up is the percentage of losses I got because I made single mistakes each match in which the person just one smash hit me after building up opponents to over 140% to sometimes 160% each match. I know I'm not the the best Peach player but the average person can probably barely kill anyone with Peach...

Edit: Lolking at one post above, what do you even consider "killing really early" with FAir?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game has a much different damage distribution, mate. You rack up damage MUCH faster than in previous games, which puts you at kill% much faster.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can beat high ranked pichus, k rools, Ike's, palutena etc but I can't beat high ranked little macs

I thought little Mac is supposed to be bad

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest hope for Patch 3.0.0 is the ability to lock out levels online so I can go onto Hazardless levels without risking something crazy like Hanenbow. I'm getting sick of Battlefield only.

Also, Richter is totally better than Simon, right? I wanted to play Simon because he could crush me to death with his thighs but Richter just feels way faster.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest hope for Patch 3.0.0 is the ability to lock out levels online so I can go onto Hazardless levels without risking something crazy like Hanenbow. I'm getting sick of Battlefield only.

Also, Richter is totally better than Simon, right? I wanted to play Simon because he could crush me to death with his thighs but Richter just feels way faster.
here are richter & simon's differences:
-different idles and such
-his down b is "aura" instead of "fire" which means it blocks things like red pikmin

thats it

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm a Smash newbie, and so far I'm having a good time. My biggest challenge so far is how to engage opponents edge-grabbing— should I wait by the edge and prepare a certain action? If so my timing is always off or I'm trying the wrong action. I find myself automatically going for a smash attack, but it always backfires. Any recommendations?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I swear he's twice as fast. I'm about to start a playground rumour over this.
that already happened, especially at release people swore up & down that richter was anything from:
-faster
-slower
-stronger
-weaker
-longer reach
-shorter reach
-heavier
-lighter

He isn't. People have months of gameplay and have torn the internals apart.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Richter and Simon are by far the most identical Echoes, along with Peach and Daisy. And even then Daisy has like... a slightly wider hurtbox because of one idle, I think? That's about it lol.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Richter and Simon are by far the most identical Echoes, along with Peach and Daisy. And even then Daisy has like... a slightly wider hurtbox because of one idle, I think? That's about it lol.
Daisy's run animation (not the actual dash attack, just the run itself) has a slightly wider hurtbox because of her more exaggerated strut, yeah

Both sets of characters have standing idles that do slightly shift their hurtbox around in different ways from their base. They just wont come up often, obviously.

Also Richter has to use Aura spirits instead of Fire spirits!!!

Still kind of hope that a patch will tweak them. Just a smidge. *monkey paw curls and daisy's run animation is now peach's and richter now uses fire*