• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and those videos still had player killing at high percentages most of the time. I'm not arguing her combo potential (though as I said, she is harder to combo with) I'm arguing her terrible killing potential...her forward grab used to kill people for God's sakes...

Killing at ~80% is relatively normal for this game. It's also very quick considering that an easy variation of a bnb with Peach/Daisy can get the opponent to 40-50%.

Most grabs in this game either don't kill or are nerfed to not kill until higher percents, it's a game design choice. It's not exclusive to Peach/Daisy. Also, why on earth would Peach/Daisy in this game need an amazing kill throw? A character with great on-stage and off-stage tools on top of some of the highest damage output in the game needs a kill throw? Really?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So I bought Switch Online to really try out the online in this game. I mean, it certainly performs better than previous games. But it's still nowhere near fun. At this point, I'm just in it to clear the Challenge Board. Quickplay is terrible. I'm at 53 battles and I need 200 of this crap. Is there anything more obnoxious than a Daisy player? I'd be happy to even win a single match with every character.
Probably the best part of online is finding an Arena match with someone at an equal skill level. That's the best experience. Everything else is not my cup of tea.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try and answer a bunch of different tips, remember though the character you play can change things greatly

Edge Guarding is generally referred to as anything that stops the opponent from getting back to the stage. Most of the time this involves going off the stage to try to intercept them, but not always. Ledge trapping largely refers to punishing your opponents options when they are at the ledge. Whether you should focus on going off stage or focus on ledge trapping largely depends on two things, your characters edge guarding tools and the opponents recovery tools. You NEED to know both of these in order to edge guard (good players) effectively.

Small examples
When I play ridley if my opponent has a very horizontal recovery ill use fireballs, but if they have a more vertical recovery ill go off the stage to use my aerials.

Also character like the belmonts have a very strong ledge trapping game so they will rarely go off the stage at all and choose to focus on setting up their ledge trapping.

The worst part about new mains is having to relearn how to deal with basic bitch Chrom and Roys.

Anyway, how are you supposed to deal with Dedede as, well, any character? I feel completely locked down from Gordo Toss and any projectile I throw gets sucked up.

I'm sure this goes without saying but the online environment is great for dedede. Some tips though

1. Dedede's flowchart tends to be if far away -> gordo pressure, if close use multiple jumps to mix up opponent and either engage with nair or retreat with gordo.
2. You just have to know which of your characters attacks can reliably hit back gordos.
3. If dedede tries to throw out a gordo while above the stage, its actually pretty safe (mostly) to run right under him and hit him.
4. Off stage dedede and high dedede's will usually try and throw out a gordo while falling down and they are alot more vulnerable here than you might think.
5. Dedede's recovery is punishable at the apex of the jump but, honestly, most dedede's are good at avoiding this so it's not always worth it.
6. IMO dedede's most common get up option is standard get up and shield and if your character has a good throw you can keep dedede from ever getting center stage back.
7. Dedede's love to mix you up by pretending to land on you then jumping again. This can be easily punished by full hopping and aerial.

Some thoughts for ya there, overall I would say take it a bit slower than normal, just stay on top of gordos and dedede should start to get impatient.

I tried multiple characters, cloud, rob, yoshi, plant, wolf

It's not like I'm a bad player either I've gotten to elite with 3 chars, the most stock I could ever take from him was 1, and most of the time I couldn't even do that most fights ended with him having 3 stocks

Cloud, Wolf and yoshi all have fantastic Nairs. If you are getting grabbed AS you land then you need to be throwing out these moves. If you are getting shield grabbed then you want to airdodge either away or through them right before you land. Another note but Falcon loves when you have used all your jumps, try to save it when you can.

Can you imagine a world where Mr. Game & Watch is actually a really good fighter? I wish I lived in that world.

The game was totally trolling me with GSP gains just now. While trying to get over the 3m barrier again, the game really did not want to give it to me. I thought I getting it, but then the game was like "nah, you're still 1,647 points away." Well, I lose and climb back up, and again the game tells me "my dude, you still need to get 35,528 points to be on that level." And again after that, I fall short with 1,647 points of 3 million GSP. Had to take a screenshot everytime because I just could not believe it.

Did manage to get it after that, but few things in this game are as frustrating as getting so close to reaching whatever arbitrary goal you've set yourself, and then the game refusing to give it to you.

G&W is actually quite good, here's a three step guide

1. Dash attack
2. Immediately Up-B
3. Down-Air

Repeat as needed. Seriously though G&W has like a frame 3 invincible up-b that does damage, its crazy. Admittedly G&W is a weird character to get good with.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna try and answer a bunch of different tips, remember though the character you play can change things greatly

Edge Guarding is generally referred to as anything that stops the opponent from getting back to the stage. Most of the time this involves going off the stage to try to intercept them, but not always. Ledge trapping largely refers to punishing your opponents options when they are at the ledge. Whether you should focus on going off stage or focus on ledge trapping largely depends on two things, your characters edge guarding tools and the opponents recovery tools. You NEED to know both of these in order to edge guard (good players) effectively.

Small examples
When I play ridley if my opponent has a very horizontal recovery ill use fireballs, but if they have a more vertical recovery ill go off the stage to use my aerials.

Also character like the belmonts have a very strong ledge trapping game so they will rarely go off the stage at all and choose to focus on setting up their ledge trapping.

I'm sure this goes without saying but the online environment is great for dedede. Some tips though

1. Dedede's flowchart tends to be if far away -> gordo pressure, if close use multiple jumps to mix up opponent and either engage with nair or retreat with gordo.
2. You just have to know which of your characters attacks can reliably hit back gordos.
3. If dedede tries to throw out a gordo while above the stage, its actually pretty safe (mostly) to run right under him and hit him.
4. Off stage dedede and high dedede's will usually try and throw out a gordo while falling down and they are alot more vulnerable here than you might think.
5. Dedede's recovery is punishable at the apex of the jump but, honestly, most dedede's are good at avoiding this so it's not always worth it.
6. IMO dedede's most common get up option is standard get up and shield and if your character has a good throw you can keep dedede from ever getting center stage back.
7. Dedede's love to mix you up by pretending to land on you then jumping again. This can be easily punished by full hopping and aerial.

Some thoughts for ya there, overall I would say take it a bit slower than normal, just stay on top of gordos and dedede should start to get impatient.

Cloud, Wolf and yoshi all have fantastic Nairs. If you are getting grabbed AS you land then you need to be throwing out these moves. If you are getting shield grabbed then you want to airdodge either away or through them right before you land. Another note but Falcon loves when you have used all your jumps, try to save it when you can.

G&W is actually quite good, here's a three step guide

1. Dash attack
2. Immediately Up-B
3. Down-Air

Repeat as needed. Seriously though G&W has like a frame 3 invincible up-b that does damage, its crazy. Admittedly G&W is a weird character to get good with.
Thank you 🙏🏽🙌🏽

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

This is so cool, it's a shame they dropped this. I wonder if this came down to time constraints? The 2nd one is missing the goal area (I think), the third one is partially incomplete and the 4th one is majorly incomplete.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Unless you live in a country/town where no one plays games, or you don't have friends, play locally ie. tournaments!!!

Online is secondary at best.
I went to a tournament last week and was rightfully crushed, so I won't be doing that again. Arenas are where it's at. And the very rare chance I can play locally. Otherwise, I still vastly prefer the single player stuff. It's certainly less stressful.

Jan 10, 2018
Just bought Smash Ultimate and I've never played a Smash game before. There's so much to keep track of and I can barely keep up. I'm trying to get into the controls but there's items dropping everywhere, lots of effects in the background and some kind of tag characters that appear mid-fight. I'm honestly not sure what is happening and I often lose track of my own character because there's so much drama on screen.

How the hell do you learn this game in the best possible way? Should I turn every item drop off (if it's possible), stick to some less flashy/complex maps and then perhaps focus on simple character like Mario? I'm not even sure how to smash people off the map, or how to recover from a smash myself. Hell, I'm not even sure what an actual smash is.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just bought Smash Ultimate and I've never played a Smash game before. There's so much to keep track of and I can barely keep up. I'm trying to get into the controls but there's items dropping everywhere, lots of effects in the background and some kind of tag characters that appear mid-fight. I'm honestly not sure what is happening and I often lose track of my own character because there's so much drama on screen.

How the hell do you learn this game in the best possible way? Should I turn every item drop off (if it's possible), stick to some less flashy/complex maps and then perhaps focus on simple character like Mario? I'm not even sure how to smash people off the map, or how to recover from a smash myself. Hell, I'm not even sure what an actual smash is.

You can turn items off in Smash mode, by going into the Advanced rulesets. I recommend you start playing on very plain stages such as Battlefield, against low level CPUs. There's no shame in doing that! You'll get better once you learn the ropes.
Those tag characters are Assist Trophies and Pokeballs - the former you can identify by it being those rainbow-coloured glass cylinders with the shape of a guy inside.

I do heavily recommend turning off items or, at the very least, going into training mode (it's in the Games & More section) and figuring out what each item does. Turning off items is better though cause then you can focus on learning the game.
Mario is a good choice to learn the game with, if you have unlocked Lucina, I would heavily recommend her over Mario because she's just about the most straight forward character there is, but also overall very good in teaching you the basics. Kirby also is a good choice for early learning because he has multiple jumps and a good recovery move.

As for what a smash is, I'll give you a rundown of what types of attacks there are.
Jab: Press the attack button while standing still.
Dash attack: Press the attack button while running.
Strong attack or Tilt: Press the attack button while tipping (!) the directional stick into one direction. There are 3 directions for the purpose of the moves - Side (colloquially referred to as Forward), Upward and Downward. These are a bit tricky to pull off, especially when you're new to the game, so I recommend you going into your controller options for your player tag, and putting the right stick (for Joycons, Classic and GameCube controllers), to "Attack". This allows you to do Tilts by just flicking the right stick, and you will never do Smash attacks.
Smash attack: Press the attack button while holding the stick into one direction. Again you have F Smash, U Smash and D Smash. Those are the ones you can charge.
Aerial attack: Press the attack button while in mid-air. Depending on which direction you press while in mid-air, you will be doing an aerial attack in that direction. Aside from F, U and DAirs, you also have an Neutral Aerial (no directional input) and, unlike the grounded moves, you have a Back Aerial as well that is different from the F Air.

There's also special moves (colloquially referred to as B moves, in reference to that being the default layout for specials on the GameCube controller), where you have a Neutral, a Side, an Up and a Down B. For most characters, the Up B is a recovery move that gives you some additional height on top of the jumps you can do.

And then there is grabs+throws, shield and dodging (directional dodging/rolls, spotdodge which is dodging without directional input, and airdodges, which can be done with or without directional input), but I wouldn't worry too much about those things when you're still trying to figure out how to do the absolute basics.

If you need help with anything, I'll gladly assist you. Feel free to ask!

TrainerLyra

Jun 21, 2018
I have poor fundamentals. My timing, inputs, spacing, etc are sloppy and I struggle against CPUs. But I want to become a competent tourney player. Can anyone recommend a resource for getting down the basic necessities of serious play?

I'd be super grateful for any advice!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have poor fundamentals. My timing, inputs, spacing, etc are sloppy and I struggle against CPUs. But I want to become a competent tourney player. Can anyone recommend a resource for getting down the basic necessities of serious play?

I'd be super grateful for any advice!

ZeRo has some very good basic tutorial videos, here's a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs3ir7VWdik&list=PLkqFtvxndWyNI63WOsPt2CXnkmxhCQAlW

Of course you can find character-specific stuff all over YouTube as well. I also recommend looking up the top players for the character(s) you're interested in and watching tourney matches of these players.

TrainerLyra

Jun 21, 2018
ZeRo has some very good basic tutorial videos, here's a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs3ir7VWdik&list=PLkqFtvxndWyNI63WOsPt2CXnkmxhCQAlW

Of course you can find character-specific stuff all over YouTube as well. I also recommend looking up the top players for the character(s) you're interested in and watching tourney matches of these players.

Thank you so much for this and your advice, this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!

Jan 10, 2018
You can turn items off in Smash mode, by going into the Advanced rulesets. I recommend you start playing on very plain stages such as Battlefield, against low level CPUs. There's no shame in doing that! You'll get better once you learn the ropes.
Those tag characters are Assist Trophies and Pokeballs - the former you can identify by it being those rainbow-coloured glass cylinders with the shape of a guy inside.

I do heavily recommend turning off items or, at the very least, going into training mode (it's in the Games & More section) and figuring out what each item does. Turning off items is better though cause then you can focus on learning the game.
Mario is a good choice to learn the game with, if you have unlocked Lucina, I would heavily recommend her over Mario because she's just about the most straight forward character there is, but also overall very good in teaching you the basics. Kirby also is a good choice for early learning because he has multiple jumps and a good recovery move.

As for what a smash is, I'll give you a rundown of what types of attacks there are.
Jab: Press the attack button while standing still.
Dash attack: Press the attack button while running.
Strong attack or Tilt: Press the attack button while tipping (!) the directional stick into one direction. There are 3 directions for the purpose of the moves - Side (colloquially referred to as Forward), Upward and Downward. These are a bit tricky to pull off, especially when you're new to the game, so I recommend you going into your controller options for your player tag, and putting the right stick (for Joycons, Classic and GameCube controllers), to "Attack". This allows you to do Tilts by just flicking the right stick, and you will never do Smash attacks.
Smash attack: Press the attack button while holding the stick into one direction. Again you have F Smash, U Smash and D Smash. Those are the ones you can charge.
Aerial attack: Press the attack button while in mid-air. Depending on which direction you press while in mid-air, you will be doing an aerial attack in that direction. Aside from F, U and DAirs, you also have an Neutral Aerial (no directional input) and, unlike the grounded moves, you have a Back Aerial as well that is different from the F Air.

There's also special moves (colloquially referred to as B moves, in reference to that being the default layout for specials on the GameCube controller), where you have a Neutral, a Side, an Up and a Down B. For most characters, the Up B is a recovery move that gives you some additional height on top of the jumps you can do.

And then there is grabs+throws, shield and dodging (directional dodging/rolls, spotdodge which is dodging without directional input, and airdodges, which can be done with or without directional input), but I wouldn't worry too much about those things when you're still trying to figure out how to do the absolute basics.

If you need help with anything, I'll gladly assist you. Feel free to ask!

Thanks for a really great answer! I expect to have a lot more questions during the weekend. Will try to play as much as I can. :)

Btw, is there a preferred controller setup for the Pro controller? I found it weird to jump on X and Y so I switched places with A and B.

Dec 1, 2017
Btw, is there a preferred controller setup for the Pro controller? I found it weird to jump on X and Y so I switched places with A and B.
As weird as it is, most players play with the attack buttons on A and B, changing L/ZL to jump or Y to grab or whatever. You can change the buttons to whatever you want, I personally map tilt attacks to the right analog stick and disable jumping with the stick, but it's personal.

As long as you can efficiently do all of your actions:
  • shorthop
  • fullhop
  • tilt attacks
  • smash attacks
  • aerial attacks (Up-air, Nair, Bair, Dair)
  • grab
  • shield
without any misinputs, you're good. See Zero's smash tutorial.

Dec 1, 2017
I went to a tournament last week and was rightfully crushed, so I won't be doing that again. Arenas are where it's at. And the very rare chance I can play locally. Otherwise, I still vastly prefer the single player stuff. It's certainly less stressful.
Yeah I totally get that, I got destroyed at 2 tournaments, and I've been practicing since before I return. However, Smash is ultimately a fighting game and the quality of your experiences with Smash ultimately depends on your matches (online is at best subpar) and your opponents.

Jan 10, 2018
As weird as it is, most players play with the attack buttons on A and B, changing L/ZL to jump or Y to grab or whatever. You can change the buttons to whatever you want, I personally map tilt attacks to the right analog stick and disable jumping with the stick, but it's personal.

As long as you can efficiently do all of your actions:
  • shorthop
  • fullhop
  • tilt attacks
  • smash attacks
  • aerial attacks (Up-air, Nair, Bair, Dair)
  • grab
  • shield
without any misinputs, you're good. See Zero's smash tutorial.

I'm pretty comfortable so far but I don't know all of the systems yet.

What's a tilt attack?

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Just faced my first Sheik online. Happened to be a mirror match. lol

It's a shame the character is so weak. You have to work so hard to get a kill and she's so light. Love the play style though.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PIcked up Lucas on a lark and plowed on through to Elite Smash. Guess I have to love Mother 3 again.

Never mind Lucas sucks. Back to Ness.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever fought a ROB or Game & Watch that wasn't psychotically good.

Jan 10, 2018
Strong attack is what the game calls it in its official terminology, as far as I recall. Tilt is what the community calls it.

So a couple of more questions:

1. I'm getting my ass kicked by almost every new challenger that appears. Is there some way to lower the difficulty for these?

2. How does sprinting work exactly? Sometimes my character runs at a normal pace and then suddenly he starts to sprint.

3. What kind of attacks should you use? A mix or everything at all times or should you focus on tilt attacks at certain stages of the battle?

4. How does throwing work exactly? Is it possible to break the throw? What decides how many punches you can land when you initiate a throw?

5. Looking at the tier list of high vs low ranked characters I'm not sure what makes a good character really. Speed? Moveset? Hitbox?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So a couple of more questions:

1. I'm getting my ass kicked by almost every new challenger that appears. Is there some way to lower the difficulty for these?

Not for the unlock battles, no. You can however play World of Light (the Adventure mode that's in the Spirits tab), as any character you unlock there, you also unlock in the other modes. Not vice versa tho.

2. How does sprinting work exactly? Sometimes my character runs at a normal pace and then suddenly he starts to sprint.

It depends on how hard you flick the stick. If you just nudge it lightly, you walk, if you push it out, you run.

3. What kind of attacks should you use? A mix or everything at all times or should you focus on tilt attacks at certain stages of the battle?

That really depends on which character you're using!

4. How does throwing work exactly? Is it possible to break the throw? What decides how many punches you can land when you initiate a throw?

Grabs go through shields, usually get beaten out by attacks tho. It is possible to break out of the grab by mashing. The more damage you have, the harder it is to break out of the grab, and the speed at which you can break out determines how many attacks while grabbing (called pummels) you can make. If you push into one of the 4 directions, you will do a throw attack.

5. Looking at the tier list of high vs low ranked characters I'm not sure what makes a good character really. Speed? Moveset? Hitbox?

There's no official kind of tier list yet, just what certain players feel like. They tend to have similar opinions, but yeah.
Almost every character in Smash Ultimate is good, or at least decent. There's like maybe half a dozen out of the 75 character roster that are considered to be bad by most players, and even that is only at high and top levels of play. Unless you plan on picking the game up on a competitive level, I wouldn't concern myself with tier lists at all, ever.

Jan 10, 2018
Not for the unlock battles, no. You can however play World of Light (the Adventure mode that's in the Spirits tab), as any character you unlock there, you also unlock in the other modes. Not vice versa tho.

It depends on how hard you flick the stick. If you just nudge it lightly, you walk, if you push it out, you run.

That really depends on which character you're using!

Grabs go through shields, usually get beaten out by attacks tho. It is possible to break out of the grab by mashing. The more damage you have, the harder it is to break out of the grab, and the speed at which you can break out determines how many attacks while grabbing (called pummels) you can make. If you push into one of the 4 directions, you will do a throw attack.

There's no official kind of tier list yet, just what certain players feel like. They tend to have similar opinions, but yeah.
Almost every character in Smash Ultimate is good, or at least decent. There's like maybe half a dozen out of the 75 character roster that are considered to be bad by most players, and even that is only at high and top levels of play. Unless you plan on picking the game up on a competitive level, I wouldn't concern myself with tier lists at all, ever.

So do I just mash the buttons to break from a throw or how do I do it? And so if the enemy has a lot of percentage (damage or what you now call it) then I can get more hits on them in the grab animation?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So do I just mash the buttons to break from a throw or how do I do it? And so if the enemy has a lot of percentage (damage or what you now call it) then I can get more hits on them in the grab animation?

Honestly, using the pummel attacks is very finicky on the timing, I would recommend just using the throws rather than doing pummels first.
And yes, it's just mashing buttons.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
70 hours in and I'm still really enjoying this game. The online is really great for the most part even if I'm not that good at it. I think playing exclusively in portable mode isn't doing me any favors, sometimes it feels like the joycons screw me over when I want to do X attack instead of Y.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm hopeful we'll be seeing free new modes as the patches roll on.

Oh lawd

First I had a match as Lucas in his Drago shirt against Ness in his Saturn shirt, lost, and then went to Ness and immediately ran into a Lucas with the Drago alt. They even had a Geno icon for good measure.

I feel like I got D4C'd or something.

Last edited:

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the milestone for KOing everyone in All-Star achievable in co-op? My friend and I got to 78 on his machine using double Docs, and I'm relatively certain we took down the whole roster, but he only got the milestone for 50 KOs.

Did adding Plant bug it or something?

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just recently got around to really dig into online as it's spring break and as dumb as how the online is set up as a whole in terms of latency it's actually been working extremely well for me. Playing wired and I've had like one not smooth match out of the past 50 or so input lag in general also seems much much lower than Smash 4 wired. I also noticed as you work your way up the rankings people start being better sports lol, when I was around 2 Million GSP it seems every enemy tea bagged after every kill. At 3.8 Million I've even had people suicide if I was far in the lead and SD'd, they also use the post match messages more.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
All of the milestones and challenges in Ultimate seemed designed around being future proofed for DLC additions

Like how there's no milestones for having all the Mii Hats or songs
Well not entirely
Cleared all routes for Classic Mode!
This milestone pops when you do everyone except dlc
All fighters now available! Let the true battle begin!
And this doesn't even account for the mii fighters (#Justice for mii fighters)

Honestly I wish the milestones for mii costumes and music had stuck around. yeah it'd get messed up with DLC, but it's nice to know when you've gotten everything in the base game instead of having to cross reference totals.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this is a Switch problem or specific to this game but my JoyCon Grip controller has the absolute WORST input lag when playing this - there are even moments when the left stick drifts off to one side and a character just starts moving on its own

I've tried disconnecting/re-syncing and even "updating" the controllers but still no fix. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do to fix this?

I have a Pro and a wired GameCube controller which work fine - this is only an issue when I have guests over playing and all controllers are in use (1 is basically handicapped vs the rest)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this is a Switch problem or specific to this game but my JoyCon Grip controller has the absolute WORST input lag when playing this - there are even moments when the left stick drifts off to one side and a character just starts moving on its own

I've tried disconnecting/re-syncing and even "updating" the controllers but still no fix. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do to fix this?

I have a Pro and a wired GameCube controller which work fine - this is only an issue when I have guests over playing and all controllers are in use (1 is basically handicapped vs the rest)
Joycons, especially the left one, seem to have a known issue where the stick will drift.

I didn't have that happen to me, but mine did start having a delay to it, where it would take a full second of holding it up before it fully registered and I couldn't feather the stick anymore because of that.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joycons, especially the left one, seem to have a known issue where the stick will drift.

I didn't have that happen to me, but mine did start having a delay to it, where it would take a full second of holding it up before it fully registered and I couldn't feather the stick anymore because of that.
Yeah it's the left one too :/ ugh that's so frustrating

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles

My original launch day left Joy Con just gave out 2 weeks ago. It drifts and now I've just retired it.

I guess you can send it to Nintendo but I really can't be bothered so I'll just replace it later on.

Joy Cons are always sold in pairs right? Not separate? I've got 2 crappy left ones that I got on lunch day but my other 2 sets purchased much later are just fine.

I've got over 370 hours in Smash now. Still having a super jolly good time. King Dedede is pure evil and my brother knows how to work that muthfletcher hard. Fire Emblem characters are absolutely every where! Sheik and Bowser Jr are the absolute rarest characters in my play time. Ridley, Donkey Kong, Bowser and Piranha Plant are an absolute joy to play.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Sheik and Bowser Jr are the absolute rarest characters in my play time. Ridley, Donkey Kong, Bowser and Piranha Plant are an absolute joy to play.
I think Sheik is the only character on the entire roster I have never faced online, although Jr is another rare one (I only remember facing one Wendy). Bayonetta is another character I pretty much never see.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried googling an answer to this, but I can't find one, so maybe you experts know.

I'm playing World of Light. I am in the Realm of Light still. I don't want to go fight the boss until I've cleared all the spirits on this entire map, but I don't have a percentage cleared or anything useful to tell me if I've done that. I currently have 376 Space Cleared, with 42 Fighters awakened. Anybody know if that's all of them for this Realm?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game has the whole "Elite Smash" thing, but I think it does a poor job of actually matching people of similar levels. "Elite Smash" is too wide a net of skillsets that it just mashes together. Outside of that is similar, but a bit better because how GSP varies. But when it gets to Elite Smash, I've found the matchmaking unreliable.

It's really just a poor system overall. At least it feels like people can play with the rules they want to now.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So hey that KOS-MOS mod I mentioned awhile back now has an official trailer and it's glorious. The modder put so much work into this.... I remember someone tried modding her in brawl/wii U and it looked like crap. But this? This is just glorious.

Dec 1, 2017
I've tried googling an answer to this, but I can't find one, so maybe you experts know.

I'm playing World of Light. I am in the Realm of Light still. I don't want to go fight the boss until I've cleared all the spirits on this entire map, but I don't have a percentage cleared or anything useful to tell me if I've done that. I currently have 376 Space Cleared, with 42 Fighters awakened. Anybody know if that's all of them for this Realm?
You unlock a percentage completion thing on your save data info when you beat the game. Since you can go back and complete everything you're missing after you've finished the game, I'd say don't worry about it!

Solid Dude

Dec 1, 2017
I've started really devoting myself to getting better at Ultimate recently and I would love to start playing with people around 1,000,000~ GSP. Shoot me your friend code :)