• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good. I'm hoping for some buffs to Lucas and nerfs to everyone I don't like playing against.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah the walls should be gone in hazard less, but if that solid platform comes in that would be a problem.

Apart from that, the blast zones could be a problem, but wouldn't disqualify it

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a pretty good session with Lucas where I almost got 8 wins in a row and brought him back into Elite Smash.

What's the over/under on him getting anything this patch?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
No, being asymmetrical wouldn't matter for deciding if a stage is legal or not

Castle Siege is occasionally legal, the asymmetry is usually brought up as a pro, not a con, due to providing a different sort of stage
Alright. I figured there are enough people that are weird about stages that asymmetry would be one more think to cut a stage for, but cool of them to see it as a pro.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a pretty good session with Lucas where I almost got 8 wins in a row and brought him back into Elite Smash.

What's the over/under on him getting anything this patch?

Nobody knows, we only have one patch to try and get an idea of their balance philosophies.

Last patch k.rool was a decently safe bet for nerfs, but apart fro mthat it was mostly minor buffs barring a few slightly above minor buffs for mii brawler, rosalina and incineroar.

Nerf wise this time i dont know what they would hit, whether its stuff that the average player hates or like actual top tiers who knows

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting primarily buffs, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the likes of Wolf or Peach taken down a small peg

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Each patch should select one bottom tier character and make them the most broken character until the next patch

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Sheik - Forward Air Attack - Increased the attack range.

THE SLAP IS BACK

also wolf's down smash nerfed the evil is defeated

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Well they didn't add any original music (Stage Builder doesn't even use brawl's Stage Builder)
nor did they make it so you can select the sound test specific songs on smash stages/the menu
nor did they make its o you can just select the parts of the Dream Land GB tracks separately
nor the fighter select themes for suzaku castle

BUT!

they finally gave Chrom the Awakening victory theme!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from the other thread:

You can get the new Persona spirits (excluiding the Joker spirits) from Vault -> Shop even without purchasing this set.

So the special DLC spirit board is just so you always have a guaranteed way of getting them & some extra gold, apparently getting them all gives you 10k

D4aBtsLUwAAhyG9.jpg

So that's pretty cool

mntorankusu

Nov 13, 2017
I made a simple little copy of Pokefloats in the stage builder. The share ID is 301PMW68. Someone who has a little more patience for the controls than I do could probably make a pretty competent copy.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I can't find the stage builder thread. Anyone have a link?

Also, I made a very, very, very simple stage that is basically Final Destination, but with a large fiery block that descends from above onto everyone's head.

"Demon Block 001" - MH7HTL80

Because of the game's physics, it's actually really fun lol.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Does anyone have any good rotating stages? I love the gimmick but am still trying to make something playable (a homage to And Yet It Moves)

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Cross posting from the other thread:

So the special DLC spirit board is just so you always have a guaranteed way of getting them & some extra gold, apparently getting them all gives you 10k

D4aBtsLUwAAhyG9.jpg

So that's pretty cool
I got one as a reward for classic mode, although I have the DLC. So in addition to the shop you can also get them via Classic

I tried refreshing the regular board a bunch of times, but no Persona spirits came up, so I think the actual fights are DLC exclusive

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any good rotating stages? I love the gimmick but am still trying to make something playable (a homage to And Yet It Moves)
The first thing I tried was rotating a circle with rotation center elsewhere to do a swinging platform, and the results are quite fun.

AYIM though sounds tough to marry with Smash ringout mechanic, from what I know about it. Maybe you should experiment with the... "switch".

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Posting this from the other thread:

This teabagger got what he deserved.

Wish I coulda got the KO but his fall was good enough for me!

I wish we could just have taunts. Whats the point in having them in the game if we cant use them against people. If taunts locked you into the animation until its complete, then it would be such a good risk to taunt. Teabagging is just so lame.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Seriously noob question, but how do I even get Elite Smash? I have played a ton, but keep switching characters. Most plays with pkm trainer, but my highest score character is Piranha Plant at 4mil

The current GSP required for Elite should be about 4.2, 4.3 mil. You have a bit to go. And this is per character. I believe the Roster GSP sorta follows your highest character so if you start with a character you haven't played much your GSP will be rather high. You could get into Elite Smash quickly if you have a good win streak. You will be matched with similar GSP players so be prepared to play at around 4 mil GSP whether or not you're good with the character or not. Your score will plummet quickly if you get a losing streak.

I wish we could just have taunts. Whats the point in having them in the game if we cant use them against people. If taunts locked you into the animation until its complete, then it would be such a good risk to taunt. Teabagging is just so lame.

No kidding. I don't know why people have to play like such tools. Don't know why people can't be competitive while also just playing for fun without turning things into pissing matches.

Thankfully I actually do see much less of this in recent times, but it was pretty rampant when the game was new and a couple months after launch.

Last edited:

solidr

Oct 28, 2017
i have some spare cash (and coins) in the japanese eshop.
if i buy the joker in the japanese eshop, he works in the smash American version? i know there a games with crossregion working dlc, but i dont know if smash is one of this games

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Mewtwo's turn

He's got a few new animations, notably a new idle where he stands upright a bit more

The texture on Mewtwo's skin is a lot nicer in Ultimate as well

I hope we all agree Mewtwo has the coolest throw animations in the game

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I wish in regards to Joker was his model being easier to pick out when the persona is out. I have a pretty hard time actually tracking Joker's movement then. I missed countless UAirs cause of Joker himself being incredibly slender while the persona is enormous lol.

Can't say I'm super into him either, frankly. He's alright (in terms of being fun to me).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Mewtwo's turn

He's got a few new animations, notably a new idle where he stands upright a bit more

The texture on Mewtwo's skin is a lot nicer in Ultimate as well

I hope we all agree Mewtwo has the coolest throw animations in the game

I love the change they made to his dodge roll where he crosses his arms. So sassy
The tweaks to his f & u tilts are also appreciated. Much fiercer, natural.

Next (either PT as a whole or Squirtle specifically) should be great. Squirtle & Ivysaur are honestly on par with Pichu in terms of evolution, Squirtle is like...80% completely new animations I think?

Sadly after that is Lucario, who I don't think got any real significant changes beyond updated fur textxures. But Greninja will at least have the katans swapped for kunai, so that's nice.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I think all of the Brawl vets who weren't in Smash 4 are 100% new animations

Once you skip a game, I think they can't import the characters anymore and have to start from scratch. That was the case in Smash 4 with Doc, Roy and Mewtwo and seems to be the case again in Ultimate with Pichu, Young Link, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I wish in regards to Joker was his model being easier to pick out when the persona is out. I have a pretty hard time actually tracking Joker's movement then. I missed countless UAirs cause of Joker himself being incredibly slender while the persona is enormous lol.
Joker's model seems like it's 10% smaller than it ought to be - he seems like he should be taller than someone like Zelda

Arsene constantly having that blue fire effect is also really distracting. If they toned that down and made him a little more transparent I think he'd be fine

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Joker's model seems like it's 10% smaller than it ought to be - he seems like he should be taller than someone like Zelda

Arsene constantly having that blue fire effect is also really distracting. If they toned that down and made him a little more transparent I think he'd be fine

Yeah. The blue fire and opaqueness makes Arsene cover Joker's shape. I can keep track of any other character's movement just with my peripheral vision, but I actually have to look at Joker when Arsene is out in order to see whether I'm in the right range.
I imagine if I play the character more, I'll be able to track his position better, but I definitely struggle with Arsene obscuring Joker.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I think all of the Brawl vets who weren't in Smash 4 are 100% new animations

Once you skip a game, I think they can't import the characters anymore and have to start from scratch. That was the case in Smash 4 with Doc, Roy and Mewtwo and seems to be the case again in Ultimate with Pichu, Young Link, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake.
Considering Wolf still has some of his Brawl animations (on accident) I'm guessing they can port them up and probably did.They're probably so different because they wanted them to feel super fresh despite being old. Especially since bringing back everyone kind of ate into the roster, it'd make sense to make the returning game skippers feel fresh.

In case anyone was curious, they never did fix the idle glitch. I wonder if these characters have unused animations for holding items normally, actually....

e: Did you know peach doesn't blink while holding an item
that's weird

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Somehow, I haven't figured out how to share stage uploads onto social media, and no one in the other thread seems interested in explaining how. Anyone care to share?

I'd post the stage ID, but now I can't find that on either Ultimate or Smash World, either.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do I do against Yoshi, Sonic and Squirtle as Lucas? they're way too fast for me.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Someone linked me that, this is a damn cool looking stage.

ID is: BY4K8Y68
(Posting ID in case the image disappear for some reason)
1555650320874.jpg