• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so is Online QuickPlah just like good players only at this point?

I played Smash online like at launch and consistently stayed around 200k GP with my main, now... I get hammered so much! I'm down to 10K ! I mean, I'm not a tournament player or anything, but I'm also not a complete newbie at Smash either. The people I'm playing sub 200K are pretty damn good!

Yeah, so is there just a better pool of online players a t this point.

Or do I just totally totally suck?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing classic mode and Link's final boss is Ganon and I'm having trouble hitting his tail for damage points. Uhhhh

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 million GSP and learned a lot with Falco

Lost it all in the span of twenty minutes

I do it to myself, really. I'm always going to suck at this stupid game and the really sad thing is the amount of effort I put it into getting better at pretend punching pretend people so a number goes up.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Okay, so is Online QuickPlah just like good players only at this point?

I played Smash online like at launch and consistently stayed around 200k GP with my main, now... I get hammered so much! I'm down to 10K ! I mean, I'm not a tournament player or anything, but I'm also not a complete newbie at Smash either. The people I'm playing sub 200K are pretty damn good!

Yeah, so is there just a better pool of online players a t this point.

Or do I just totally totally suck?
I think pretty much only really good players are left anymore. Like, if you wanted to get to Elite Smash, if you don't get a 10-match winning streak, you can forget about ever reaching it. Quickplay is too stressful now. You're better off sticking to arenas where you can lose as many times as the host will tolerate, but still learn and improve without the looming GSP number dictating who you'll fight.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Or just play Tournaments and mess around because there's 0 stakes at all.

Tournament mode is really fun. I just goof around with random characters and I don't care how well I do because I can just hop into a new tournament.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Or just play Tournaments and mess around because there's 0 stakes at all.

Tournament mode is really fun. I just goof around with random characters and I don't care how well I do because I can just hop into a new tournament.

Tournaments suck because they're 4-player Free for All with items... right?

I would totally get into them more if they had 1v1, but I haven't seen any tournamnets like that. Do they ever switch it up? I know they did on the WiiU version of Tournaments.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
People seriously play this game like such boring assholes.

I just played this Fox 1v1 Elite Smash and all they did was try to up smash or up air me (what a fucking pedestrian way to play Fox, could they be any more obvious and predictable??) and run the fuck away to spam their laser and reflect.

Then on top of this, the asshole teabags me after I lost my first stock and at the end. And they rinse repeated the following 2 rounds as I inched closer to cracking their annoying as fuck gameplan.

Then finally I got this turd in the last round. You can see them just trying to set up the up smash and up air the whole round *eyeroll*.

Please don't play like assholes. Don't spam, camp, or teabag when you're winning. It's such a dipshit thing to do.

Anyways I mocked their spam in this replay along with a taste of their own medicine duck taunting.

Hope I never run into this shitty player again. Uploaded this to shame this turd.

Felt so good beating this garbage.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Won a Smash Tourney with Hero. This makes my second Smash Tourney victory.

(Of course I also haven't been playing much Smash lately because I got absorbed into the world of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, lol.)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Won a Smash 64 Tourney with Ness. I haven't used Ness with any sort of regularity in so long, lol.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Would anyone here recommend some guides/videos/something geared for taking a fairly novice Smash player to the next level? I'm under no impression I'll be competing or anything but I'd like to try to better grasp competitive fundamentals in the hopes I can try to elevate my game a notch or two. There's so much information out there as is it's difficult to know where to start.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see this thread so dead given how active Smash threads are on gaming side

Is there another thread I'm not aware of?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Amazon JP has the Official Gamecube adapter and controller up for order with an in stock date of January 2, 2020 and January 1, 2020, respectively. This is it, ya'll! I really hope this means these items will be readily available starting next year, in all markets, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I put my order in earlier and I'd suggest anyone interested jump on this ASAP.

Switch GC Adapter

GC Controller

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Esam just won his first S-tier tournament of his career

the same day Ash wins the pokemon league

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP FOLKS

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Esam just won his first S-tier tournament of his career

the same day Ash wins the pokemon league

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP FOLKS

hI4Wsq3.gif

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone here recommend some guides/videos/something geared for taking a fairly novice Smash player to the next level? I'm under no impression I'll be competing or anything but I'd like to try to better grasp competitive fundamentals in the hopes I can try to elevate my game a notch or two. There's so much information out there as is it's difficult to know where to start.

Just gonna quote you because I am in the same boat except I'd like to go pro and thanks again, Intelliheath :P

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Amazon JP has the Official Gamecube adapter and controller up for order with an in stock date of January 2, 2020 and January 1, 2020, respectively. This is it, ya'll! I really hope this means these items will be readily available starting next year, in all markets, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I put my order in earlier and I'd suggest anyone interested jump on this ASAP.

Switch GC Adapter

GC Controller

Are they compatible with the US switch?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I gave this sore loser (BIGGER PP) a rematch and they duck taunted me and left after they got a shitty RNG win with Kaboom in a very close round. Glad I saved me destroying them and making em quit.

Fuck sore losers. They didn't even deserve the rematch I kindly gave them. They earned that duck taunt I gave em. Not sorry at all I did it.

Nice turnaround.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yooo... How the hell do you beat "The Boss" from Metal Gear in the Spirits adventure? Equipped immunity to poison obviously but what is an easy way to cheese this?

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna quote you because I am in the same boat except I'd like to go pro and thanks again, Intelliheath :P

Maybe y'all should start with those video first.

I'm really sorry for taking so long time to get back to you!

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Quick question to all the bayo mains out there - is it possible to play bayonetta with tap jump on? Was considering picking her up as a secondary but if I have to change my whole control scheme to play her effectively I probably won't bother

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Ever get into a 4P quickplay match and feel like you're being conspired against? I get in, everyone plays seriously until I get destroyed, then all of a sudden it's a friendly and two of the others SD to give a clean win to the third, and they all leave comments at the end of the match.

A good way to make you feel like dogshit, that's for sure.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Technical question about Mii-Fighter amiibos:
Can you also import the FP Mii into the system, or only the owner Mii?

Last edited:

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about the tournaments in the online mode. Are those populated with actual players, or filled with bots? When I play, I see a lot of normal sounding names as the players. No obvious game tags.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time it's all humans, but it'll fill in spots with bots if it can't find enough players
Interesting. I find it odd the tournament playlist can find 8 players pretty quickly for a match, but when I try the basic mode I hardly ever get more than 1 other player to fight. Plus, there's hardly any lag. The rare instances that I get 4 people in regular online fights, it's always laggy as shit.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Played a dangerous game and decided to play "one match" of 1v1 Elite Smash before bed.

It was a GG and kinda close so I decided to give them a rematch.

Luckily I was smart enough to call it quits after the rematch to avoid getting stuck playing all night lol.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone available here to give me some "coaching" tips? I'm looking to find someone to get on Discord and play some 1v1s and just give me some pointers. I'm looking to get better.

I dunno who my main is. I've spent the most time with Mega Man. But my win% is the highest as Bowser. And I also enjoy Cloud and Hero.

My availability would probably be in the evenings. I'm a married man, full time job, with 3 kids. Just looking to have fun. Possibly get involved in a local scene. But mostly just playing around for fun. Any tips from someone better at the game would be much appreicated.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Sweet sweet revenge against a duck taunter.

Two different taunting Jokers in a row actually!

Played a good Samus and we had some GGs back and forth until the other Samus became a one trick pony just spamming the grapple beam and made shit boring.

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Only bought the season pass last week and trying the DLC characters....Joker is kinda weird but i'm interested in playing more as him. His strategy seems to be more about keeping away from the opponent until he reached Persona mode and joker's really good at mobility. I don't really know how to play banjo as he seems really weird with the limited front special as his neutral special (egg gun) is really weak and lame and i need more training on his butt bomb to use it more effectively.

Dragon Quest Hero though, now that's a character that i can main. My previous main are Cloud, Ken and maybe incinerorar but Hero seems to be my cup of tea....the only caveat is his abilities depends on MP and quick to be button when choose using down special. But when he works, he really works.

Here's an online quickplace match i had playing using Hero, the only 2nd time i've tried him online and managed to luck out a victory at the end but i still felt pretty good about it :)

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
I know nothing about smash, and was just browsing some info about Sakurai, aaaand... uh, wtf?
PkIAYAH.png

I just took this screenshot.
What happened?

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I might need that discord link as well.

Who else here still plays regularly? I play a good 4-5 times a week either later in the night or early in the morning where my children won't be a bother.

Im really looking for Belmont, Duck Hunt and Mega Man players as well. My mains are in my avatar and I have the hardest time with projectile spam. Those 2 characters more than anyone else. I would love constant consistent matches against those characters.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone share a link to the discord? I'd be interested in playing online a bit :D
I'm interested in that too.
I might need that discord link as well.

Who else here still plays regularly? I play a good 4-5 times a week either later in the night or early in the morning where my children won't be a bother.

Im really looking for Belmont, Duck Hunt and Mega Man players as well. My mains are in my avatar and I have the hardest time with projectile spam. Those 2 characters more than anyone else. I would love constant consistent matches against those characters.

Not many people would respond to matchmaking often but I would like to respond but most of time, y'all always asks for it at wrong time >.>