• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Rail-Yarn Run from Yoshi’s Crafted World (yes the train moves)

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
X8e8Aoj.jpg

Rail-Yarn Run from Yoshi's Crafted World (yes the train moves)

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't you supposed to be able to see and look up stages on the mobile app? I can't see any.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That Zelda 2 Castle stage is straight fire. Even if it's just another final destination

ID: 4HY9N8V4

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Is it basically impossible to make a moving platform pass through stationary ones without bumping into them and stopping? Disappointed if so, IIRC I had fun using that mechanic in Brawl's stage builder way back (e.g. a big elevator across a stage causing the available space to contract and expand).

Also man it would be nice if you could duplicate items like in Mario maker.

Gear Facctory

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here my first stage, a very basic idea and design:
Gear Facctory ID#32YGQlY2

There are sadly a few big oversights for the Stage Builder, which i hope, they may will change:
  1. Only fighters can activate switches.
    This doesn't allow for contractions, which trigger different phases.
  2. No startup or return delay variables.
    It would be great, if you could have delay for start up, before something moves backwards and in between, so you may create stages of position
  3. Platforms can't be pass through, when they have the Gear Script.
    Maybe there is some kind of technical problem, but it limits the platform options (you couldn't create a platform like in Brawl's Yoshi's Island).
  4. Platforms have an edge, characters can bounce against.
    With or without the characters be able to use the edge of an platform, characters can still hit the sides and bounce back, when they hit it in a specif angle.
  5. No lifetime variable for respawn objects.
    There should be a variable, which dictates the maximal time, an gravity object is active and has to respawn. Right now, they only repawn, if they leave the boundaries. This way they may never respawn, if they get stuck on the stage.
Next my wishlist, which may be unrealistic:
  • All Backgrounds from all stages
  • Be able to place Spawnpoints
  • Drop-Blocks from Brawl
  • Spikes from Brawl or Spike Texture
  • Resizeable Objects (for example smaller Bomb-Blocks)
  • Objects between layers can be connected, erasing the gaps between them.
  • Breakable Objects, which take a specif number of damage before breaking.
  • Placable ground effects from the Story-Modus (Electricity, Sleep, Glue, etc.)
  • More Textures with more effects.
  • Stickers (for example Spirit Images or just decorations) to place on the objects.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
where do you go to download other's maps? Please tell me you don't need to be signed up for online services.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just checked all the stages posted here, great stuff! The option to "Test" someone else's level immediately without having to download, log off and boot up stage builder is a really great change.
I'll be using these stages when fighting silly 1v1's with a friend. Me and him live for these custom stage shenanigans.

There are sadly a few big oversights for the Stage Builder, which i hope, they may will change:
  1. Only fighters can activate switches.
    This doesn't allow for contractions, which trigger different phases.
  2. No startup or return delay variables.
    It would be great, if you could have delay for start up, before something moves backwards and in between, so you may create stages of position
  3. Platforms can't be pass through, when they have the Gear Script.
    Maybe there is some kind of technical problem, but it limits the platform options (you couldn't create a platform like in Brawl's Yoshi's Island).
  4. Platforms have an edge, characters can bounce against.
    With or without the characters be able to use the edge of an platform, characters can still hit the sides and bounce back, when they hit it in a specif angle.
  5. No lifetime variable for respawn objects.
    There should be a variable, which dictates the maximal time, an gravity object is active and has to respawn. Right now, they only repawn, if they leave the boundaries. This way they may never respawn, if they get stuck on the stage.
Next my wishlist, which may be unrealistic:
  • All Backgrounds from all stages
  • Be able to place Spawnpoints
  • Drop-Blocks from Brawl
  • Spikes from Brawl or Spike Texture
  • Resizeable Objects (for example smaller Bomb-Blocks)
  • Objects between layers can be connected, erasing the gaps between them.
  • Breakable Objects, which take a specif number of damage before breaking.
  • Placable ground effects from the Story-Modus (Electricity, Sleep, Glue, etc.)
  • More Textures with more effects.
  • Stickers (for example Spirit Images or just decorations) to place on the objects.
Your wishlist would be the perfect product, I agree, but compared to how WiiU's stage builder worked I'm already very happy with how this one turned out. I can actually resize/edit pieces of land that I already placed! Woaaahh

The switches seemed really cool when I discovered those, but they seem quite limited. Unless I haven't figured this out yet, it seems switches can only toggle movement for the object they're attached to? And every piece of ground that touches another piece of ground automatically gets linked together for the same move-route. Something as simple as a door is a little tricky to pull off.
It also seems that whenever a moving object is pushing on another it all comes to a standstill. I had a block move up and down and another left - right on the same path. I figured they'd "slide" off each other and the block with a clear way would continue moving, but nope. Limits the options quite a bit.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
So where do I get to see my stage ID?
I swear I can't find the option on the game or the app for that matter lol

Nvm, got it 👌🏻

Last edited:

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting this thread on a watch. I can't wait to see what other stages you guys create or discovered.

Last edited:
Castlevania(NES)

SkyRocket

Oct 29, 2017
I made a stage based on the intro castle gate from Castlevania(NES). Not sure if it's the most exciting stage concept, but I quite like having another Castlevania stage at least. There's some terrible looking bats that fly around too!

D4eIiI8UUAALDo_.jpg:large
ID: 7XX2MXRR

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely enjoying some of the stuff in here. Figured I'd throw my DS stage in, albeit it's kind of a mess to actually fight in.

D4eRBUEUwAAgiFI.jpg

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how good I am at this, but I'm definitely having fun.

Chapter 1 Boss
ID: 8KRW9XK2
Song: Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus Uprising

Terraria Ovrwrld
ID: K91VYLL5
Song: Galaga Medley

Swapnote
ID: 3YDFPG13
Song: Mii Channel

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to make platforms passable? I've been trying to make some clouds but it's really frustrating that everything is solid. Like yeah okay these are some thick clouds but it feels like something you should be able to toggle, even if it leads to hilarity like falling through the main stage.

Oct 29, 2017
Made a quick smashketball that is most accurate to the old famous one I've found so far - search for BestSmashketball ( on mobile so don't have the code) it has the rainbow backdrop with a ceiling of rocket barrels

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to make platforms passable? I've been trying to make some clouds but it's really frustrating that everything is solid. Like yeah okay these are some thick clouds but it feels like something you should be able to toggle, even if it leads to hilarity like falling through the main stage.
Seems like only super thin platforms allow people to pass through them. Might be able to try some foreground object trickery with clouds to get the effect you want?

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Q5Y5W70F: Volcano with realistic lava action! It's so hot, it warps time itself!!*

*totally nothing to do with the system struggling to handle such intense lava action.

MWBXXSK3: what happens when you realise you can attach bombs to gravity-susceptible platforms...

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made a Super Bell Hill stage that I'll post later! I gotta say the interface is a little wonky with just fingers but I'm pleased at how robust it is. One major complaint, though, is how you can't make certain elements extend beyond the blast zones a bit so that you can't see their edges. It's the only thing jarring me out of being immersed in my creations, seeing the cutoff so blatantly. Another is that you can't connect drop-through platforms to solid ones behind them, leaving you with this funny little gap between them when viewed from non-straightforward angles.

There's plenty I'd love to see added in terms of tiles and textures, but for now it's the best Stage Builder I've seen in Smash ever, and I'm pumped to use it more.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like only super thin platforms allow people to pass through them. Might be able to try some foreground object trickery with clouds to get the effect you want?
That's an interesting idea, but my specific ideas require them to tilt which
  1. Platforms can't be pass through, when they have the Gear Script.
    Maybe there is some kind of technical problem, but it limits the platform options (you couldn't create a platform like in Brawl's Yoshi's Island)
seems to be an impossibility. That's a shame. I'll just had to make do, I suppose.