• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone saying Bernie is the most electable candidate to run against Trump had their argument disproven last night.

1.) Bernie will drive massive youth turnout - didn't happen. There is no evidence that youth turn out was up in any appreciable way.
2.) Bernie will bring in massive working class voters - again didn't happen. Bernie does not seem to have over performed with working class white or black voters.
3.) Bernie will drive an increase in overall turnout - again didn't happen. Turn out was way up, but for Biden not Bernie. In fact in VA - Biden got basically as many votes as Clinton and Bernie combined in 2016 while Bernies numbers stayed close to flat. It is in fact Biden who is driving increased turnout in the exact districts that led to democratic 2018 gains.

I am a very liberal voter and would have vastly preferred Bernie to Biden (and Warren over either of them). But I am getting pretty sick of Bernie voters on this forum making electability arguments when last night completely disproved their case.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for making this thread. I'm also pro-Bernie, but my worries about Biden's electability in november basically vanished last night.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To your first point- It's actually lower this cycle than it was in 2016.

There is no more electibility argument. Clearly, he is a flawed candidate and people just reallllly hate HRC.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
This is what happens when you sit in an echo chamber. The exact same result happened here in the UK. People couldn't understand why the real result was so much different than what they saw online.

Status
Not open for further replies.