Supergiant Games announce Hades (EPIC games store)

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any other info? No press release? No "coming to consoles/Steam after Early Access"? If not, shame that they're blinding customer to future release info. Not unusual, just a shame. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Early Access in the Epic Games Store.

My Hype went from 100 to 0 pretty quickly
The store is a free thing, you can easily play it on this platform. Dont say things like this to try to make them seem like they are bad exclusive problems. Its not like you need to purchase a totally different console for hundreds of dollars.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The store is a free thing, you can easily play it on this platform. Dont say things like this to try to make them seem like they are bad exclusive problems. Its not like you need to purchase a totally different console for hundreds of dollars.
But what if i don't want to?

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendu 64
yep, I don't get this too. It's just another launcher, so those complaints don't make sense.

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
It's an exclusive to Epic store. What's not to understand? Why should use yet another stupid launcher that is missing all the features which I would have on Steam or at least advantages of no DRM on GoG?

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's timed. Epic is acting like everyone else who's tried to make a client, just buying off whatever timed exclusive they can.

Just wait for it to finish and then buy it on Steam/consoles.
Yeah. Crappy that they're doing this, but as long as their only actual exclusives are Epic's own games, then whatevs.

Oct 27, 2017
But what if i don't want to?
A free launcher shouldnt stop you from playing a game you want to play. The barrier to entry is basically zero.

It's an exclusive to Epic store. What's not to understand? Why should use yet another stupid launcher that is missing all the features which I would have on Steam or at least advantages of no DRM on GoG?
Im sure the game will play the same way on this platform. I can understand having a preference, I also want everything on Steam, but I wont let a free download stop me from playing a game.

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
A free launcher shouldnt stop you from playing a game you want to play. The barrier to entry is basically zero.

Im sure the game will play the same way on this platform. I can understand having a preference, I also want everything on Steam, but I wont let a free download stop me from playing a game.
I don't have to have everything on Steam but having yet another platform with a goal of heavy curation, limited features and functionality and specific statement that sales are bad, is counterproductive to what I as a customer want to support. So yeah, no Epic for me. I can live without the exclusives.

Oct 27, 2017
"a free launcher" aka a storefront that has yet to prove itself in terms of quality.
Its not like Epic is an unknown company. Just seems weird to miss something you want because of a minor thing.

I don't have to have everything on Steam but having yet another platform with a goal of heavy curation, limited features and functionality and specific statement that sales are bad, is counterproductive to what I as a customer want to support. So yeah, no Epic for me. I can live without the exclusives.
I guess I just dont care about anything that the store has or doesnt have passed the fact that is has this game. Download client, buy game, play game, never touch client ever again. I dunno.

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft and Bethesda weren't either.
Yet all three of their stores are horrendous, unusable trashfires.

We'll have to see.
I dont know about the Bethesda one, but I use the Microsoft one, yeah it has issues, but then I download the game, and it doesnt matter anymore. I dunno. I guess I understand wanting to avoid another store, but I also think you shouldnt allow something like that from enjoying any game, because once the game launches, the store rarely maters.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, talk about a megaton. Supergiant is easily one of the best developers out there right now. Guess I'm installing the Epic launcher, lol.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, talk about a megaton. Supergiant is easily one of the best developers out there right now. Guess I'm installing the Epic launcher, lol.
My exact sentiments. I wasn't even thinking about Epic Games store an hour ago, now I already gave them money.

Nov 20, 2017
Sooo... Basically, (Too) Early Access killed Kickstarter and now Epic goes after it with it's own version taking way lesser cut? Sweet.

Oct 27, 2017
Love the looks of the game but what is this BS of "Epic game store exclusive"? This is the 2nd game I read about tonight with it. Say what you want about Valve but besides games developed by them, I never heard them strongarm smaller devs for exclusivity on Steam.

Screw this BS on PC! Boo! Epic Store has barely been announced and I already hope it goes the way of the Windows store :P

Oct 25, 2017
Love the looks of the game but what is this BS of "Epic game store exclusive"? This is the 2nd game I read about tonight with it. Say what you want about Valve but besides games developed by them, I never heard them strongarm smaller devs for exclusivity on Steam.

Screw this BS on PC! Boo! Epic Store has barely been announced and I already hope it goes the way of the Windows store :P
Early Access and Epic Store exclusive? Guess I won’t be playing it then. Oh well.
I'll wait for steam too. Sorry not buying on epic store. And this is coming from a fan of their work.
Sorry, I don't understand the store loyalty. There are plenty of Steam store exclusives too on PC, mostly AAA games.

Last edited: