• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xania

Oct 27, 2017
how's this new update?

My personal favourite so far. New characters are great, new boss variety in the early areas, and the new Wrath skills are fun, if a bit weird. They also made it so you can move and reload the Rail which makes it feel way better to use. The only bad part is apparently there's going to be a longer wait til the next one because it's going to be a huge update.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My personal favourite so far. New characters are great, new boss variety in the early areas, and the new Wrath skills are fun, if a bit weird. They also made it so you can move and reload the Rail which makes it feel way better to use. The only bad part is apparently there's going to be a longer wait til the next one because it's going to be a huge update.

Thanks! This game seems to be coming together really nicely. But I guess that's to be expected.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Been playing this for the past hour on pc.

Absolutely loving it, the character design and personality is amazing. Superb voice acting.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how's the new update? might jump in with this

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
The new update is pretty great, the new area is really well done, and the right level of difficulty in my opinion. The new bosses are great, though I feel they may have a bit too much hp (I kinda feel the same way about the earlier bosses though, so that's just me).

Is the story/narrative as good in this as their others? How is it told? Their POVs are always so well done
As it's not yet finished, it's hard to give a thorough judgement, but I think it's definitely at the same level as the other games. At the moment, there are quite a few "cutscenes" where Zagreus interacts with Hades and other characters at specific moments, mostly in the earlier hours of the game; then there are a lot of smaller events and conversations, which can be encountered by just playing (for example, after you finish a run and you're back to base, some new dialogue might be available), by giving gifts to the characters, or by finding them in the world (like a new character in the latest update or the bosses).

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
got kinda bummed that i can't run this on my laptop. looking at the game, i thought that i had a good chance to. ah well, hopefully they'll announce a console version down the line. Game looks right up my alley. big fan of the studio too.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I won't be getting this, but also all their games are starting to look the same and they're becoming somewhat formulaic. So I guess hard pass even for reasons beyond the EGS.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Guess I won't be getting this, but also all their games are starting to look the same and they're becoming somewhat formulaic. So I guess hard pass even for reasons beyond the EGS.
What exactly is formulaic about their games? Before this one, their three previous games were completely different, both in terms of gameplay, setting and story. This one is somewhat closer to Bastion, but it's also very different.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i bought this on a drunken lark, play it off and on but not too intensively. honestly seems like just another roguelite, the same game i played 100x already. but obviously serious effort is being put in and it's Supergiant so it'll be one of the best out there. doesn't have its hooks in me yet but i'll keep checking back in on it

Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

Not sure I can name a developer that has shifted genres as frequently and successfully as SuperGiant, but whatever.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I love the revanped dash, game plays so much better now. The revised Boom System was a nice addition as well, same for being able to get two Deadalus Hammer updates.

Still astonished by the quality of the game considering if probably 1+ year from release. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up yesterday for 7 bucks and it's really good, like it feels really good to play. Response and the double dash feels great. The little model could look a little jank but it's cool. The weapons are fun to play around with as well, really intersted to see how much more content this game will eventually have. Dead cells was a game that was applauded for how good it plays and rightfully so, but I feel like this plays even better.

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me that I don't need to redo the first dungeon every time I died. I have beaten the first boss and died at the medusa (the stupid falling rock killed me after Medusa). Is there a way to continue from the second dungeon?

Oct 27, 2017
The point is to have a run where you make it through it all. You get items that and stat upgrades that help with subsequent runs.

giphy.gif

I just thought there will be some kind of bonfire-like floor which would allow me to skip the easy ones. I am not made out of time

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying it so far, finally a proper sequel to Bastion's sublime combat. Art, story, voice acting, music are all top notch. The spear sucks hard though. They definitely need to tweak grind balance. Ambrosia, key and skull requirements seem like they should be cut in half. You have to grind far too much to get them. I am sure as they keep going it will get less grindy and more fair though. I am still shocked by the amount of contextual voice lines that play.
I would like a difficult or expensive shortcut option as well.
I hate you can't DPS the hydra into fewer phases, if you have a build that lets you pump out damage you shouldn't be locked into all the head rounds, but their spawn on a timer not tied to the hydra's health.
I don't think the trader needs to not be randomized, you should be able to grind for a specific trade and know it will be there.
Area deflect seems like its a vital requirement for Elysium, but its too hard to get.
Fuck those shield guys.
Half the wrath skills seem almost useless. Though I know those are early, Zeus' is much better than anyone else.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Artemis and Poseidon have the best boons. Artemis for the Crts and Poseidon for some funky stuff. Knockback is really good in this game.

I've only messed around with the sword, any of the other weapons stack up? Also that last weapon slot is? Is it the Minotaur's Axe? Because I hope so.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I've only messed around with the sword, any of the other weapons stack up? Also that last weapon slot is? Is it the Minotaur's Axe? Because I hope so.
My favorite remains the bow, but they made all of them very different and fun to use. I had a great run with the Rail, where it became akin to a sniper rifle. I believe the "slot" you're referring to is just an empty space at the moment.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So, bought it when the sale started and I'm loving this so far! Probably my favorite roguelike in the last couple years. Reminds me a lot of Bastion, both in gameplay and storytelling (I'm loving all the dialogues and interactions you have after every run). So far, I think I've done 13~14 runs and, for the most part, have been getting consistently to what I assume is the last boss. Which kills me every time.

Also, I absolutely love the last boss. Is it only me, or is their color scheme supposed to be related to the bisexual flag?
Wallpaper_3.png

I feel like Artemis and Poseidon have the best boons. Artemis for the Crts and Poseidon for some funky stuff. Knockback is really good in this game.

My favorite gods are Zeus and Poseidon. I love the lighting bolts doing damage to other enemies and the knockback, although I hate Poseidon's dash power. I always end up trying to dash past an enemy to dodge their attack just to bring them with me and taking damage.

For weapons, my favorite one is the shield, specially when you get a couple upgrades with the Daedalus Hammer. I've been trying the spear too and it's quite good with certain powers.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude shield ia busted, block/charge is too good