• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That Dragon raises a lot of questions about the image inducer.
That Colonel is weird, thinks she can really order around Supergirl.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The image inducer is for the humanoid aliens.... I think the "dragon alien" just natively has the ability to change its form from a large or smaller form at will

As for ordering Supergirl around.... they've done that since Season 1

Supergirl cooperates to show they are on the same team, to show respect... of course she can do whatever she wants, but that would only prove the Liberty people right that Aliens just do what they want and have no decorum or self-restraint

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Kid needs to get that pet of hers some more obedience training. How do you have a pet dragon and not ride it? I mean, there's movies and everything.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alex standing up to Amanda Waller lite is great... less relationship drama and more her being a good leader

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched it. Wasn't bad, but still really heavy handed with MAGA.. er MEGA, stuff. Complete with Charlottesville tiki torches and everything.

-Still don't like bootleg Waller. She flip flops from terrible asshole boss to lets be besties way too quick. Literally from one sentence into another. "You guys are terrible, I'm to boss, follow my orders. Oh, I made sweet potato pie for you guys!"
-Starkiller is still great.
-Don't care about new Kara's narcolepsy arc. Why is this a thing?
-Brainy's "fight" versus the Children of Liberty was entertaining. "I'll beat you up. WITH PHYSICS!"
-They actually gave Jimmy something to do? And it's interesting at that! Children of liberty/Starkiller/Lena relationship/MAGA Guardian/superpower possibility and blowback because of it. Everything's coming up Millhouse!
-Lena got her heart broken twice. They crushed her soul when she brought up giving humans powers* to level the playing field and then Jimmy finished the job at the end.
-Manchester black is great. Give him powers already Lena! But why did he wear the same shirt to Thanksgiving dinner that he always has on?

*Worst idea in the history of the world. Give every asshole on Earth super powers? Sure, Jan.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nia Nall is playing a superhero called "Dreamer". Her narcolepsy is a result of her powers manifesting.

Lena really was stupid to suggest making everyone into a Metahuman.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far, she has not had much to do... hoping whatever this Dreamer again is, can help out in the long run

I suspect she may play a part in the Crossover, not sure

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
So far, she has not had much to do... hoping whatever this Dreamer again is, can help out in the long run

I suspect she may play a part in the Crossover, not sure
Wouldn't be surprised. Seeing her power set, she probably has visions that Elseworld isn't the "true" dimension or whatever rallies the troops (though Oliver's already aware) to right things.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy Olsen is a better/worse man then me. Lena poured her heart out saying what she did and the look on her face when she said it would of melted me into submission.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone remind me what is up with Lena trying to cure cancer cells in a living Heart story?

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently some people are shipping Nia and Kara now... the scene where Nia is giving a pep talk to Kara before her debate, she is really in close to Kara and Kara looked kinda nervous and weirded by her closeness, and she was like complimenting how pretty her hair looked

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was a really good episode for Supergirl standards.

This season has been great so far.

Next weeks episode is going to be shit based off the promo, unless there's some interesting twist.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Agent Liberty warning about how the settlers wiped out the Native Americans due to their hospitality and eagerness to accept new people into their mix was a bit uncomforting to watch. He makes a flawed yet compelling argument, one that the show implies as a valid one with Kara left speechless. It's not even that he's wrong on the history, but it's a difficult argument to counter which the show sort of implies is somewhat valid. In the modern age we welcome better representation and a realization that society will be better with more diversity and better representation of those in the country, but the show never makes an argument for this, at least in this episode at least. It also sort of implies that as we give others opportunities we need to be vigilant not to let them abuse that power. The sons of liberty are still shown to be bad guys with the tiki torches and the violence against innocent immigrants, but their argument is never countered.

Any of other peoples thoughts on it?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently some people are shipping Nia and Kara now... the scene where Nia is giving a pep talk to Kara before her debate, she is really in close to Kara and Kara looked kinda nervous and weirded by her closeness, and she was like complimenting how pretty her hair looked
*rollseyes*

Might as well do Manchester Black x J'onn then. They were close as hell when they had that one on one convo.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
So another meh episode? I'll watch it in the morning I guess.

Yes. Forgot the exact quote, but some girl (was it "new kara" that works for Catco?) gave him her number and told him "find her", so he turns full stalker, finds out where she lives, hangs out, what routes she takes to work etc and never calls her. She runs into him at a party, asks why he never called and his reply is, "You told me to find you, not call you".

So yea.. He's supposed to be awkward/naïve as hell when it comes to women.

Yeah seems odd he just learned how to lie on the fly and stuff.

I just hope they don't stretch it out

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad that I missed this in the Supergirl crossover teaser

If you pay attention to Alex's outfit, she is wearing a black Superman sigil on her

That's a big deal.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While looking for scene clips on the upcoming episode I stumbled across an audition video for Pamela/Menagerie and there was a piece of dialogue that screams Venom lol

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little behind and just watched Parasite Lost. It was surprisingly solid. I like Kara in the reporter role, it was a very human story. The only thing that had me raise an eyebrow was Kara saying the words "deep web".

Starting the next episode and we've got Lena literally trying to cure cancer and now the general lady is being an uncompromising ass. I always love these kinds of authority figures on tv shows. :/

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show seems obsessed with touting the phrase Deep Web... when they really should mean the Dark Web.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up ...

So Eliza's conference on "Recessive traits of Inter-Terrestrial Children" is probably a reference to either Nia or perhaps Manchester is half alien and that explains him getting his psychic powers.

Of course, Chester could also be the test subject for Lena's project. Could even get us a full Elites lineup.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Supergirl's world has metahumans, but they are never called this term... and the only one that promptly featured was Livewire, and Psi.

Manchester is not an alien... I don't know what's Nia's going to end up being... if she has any alien connection or is another meta without realizing it.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not shipping those two but that scene did make me wonder what was going on. I don't whether it was intentional or not, but I definitely picked up some slight vibes. Maybe because of the way it was shot and the lighting or something. Then it reminded me we'll never get Lena and Kara together and I got mad salty.

Finally watched it. Wasn't bad, but still really heavy handed with MAGA.. er MEGA, stuff. Complete with Charlottesville tiki torches and everything.

-Still don't like bootleg Waller. She flip flops from terrible asshole boss to lets be besties way too quick. Literally from one sentence into another. "You guys are terrible, I'm to boss, follow my orders. Oh, I made sweet potato pie for you guys!"
-Starkiller is still great.
-Don't care about new Kara's narcolepsy arc. Why is this a thing?
-Brainy's "fight" versus the Children of Liberty was entertaining. "I'll beat you up. WITH PHYSICS!"
-They actually gave Jimmy something to do? And it's interesting at that! Children of liberty/Starkiller/Lena relationship/MAGA Guardian/superpower possibility and blowback because of it. Everything's coming up Millhouse!
-Lena got her heart broken twice. They crushed her soul when she brought up giving humans powers* to level the playing field and then Jimmy finished the job at the end.
-Manchester black is great. Give him powers already Lena! But why did he wear the same shirt to Thanksgiving dinner that he always has on?

*Worst idea in the history of the world. Give every asshole on Earth super powers? Sure, Jan.
The general is weird. I think the pie thing was to show that she's not a bad person, she's just a very by the book uniform. There was a moment when she talked about how the DEO is supposed to be locking up aliens instead of employing them that was kinda suspect, but the rest of the time they're framing her as a nice person but just a hardass.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester is clearly going to be a test subject, and that's how he'll get his powers.

Season has been good so far, but I really don't feel good about tonight's episode. I hope the "will Jimmy Olsen betray Kara" thing isn't a huge plot point for the episode.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When going undercover to gain the trust of an enemy group... sometimes you can lose yourself because you have to be so convincing, the other you nearly convince yourself.

Even if he does gain their trust by sacrificing someone like Supergirl (who they must know he is in alliance with)... he knows she can get out ok, but damage to some major metropolitan landmark and affecting other Humans... he don't play dat shit.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this episode is good for Jimmy.

Unpopular opinion, but I did like his Guardian stuff last season. Haven't cared this much for his plot points this season.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

#4.07 - Rather the Fallen Angel
CHAD LOWE DIRECTS— James (Mehcad Brooks) falls in deeper with the Children of Liberty in his efforts to meet Agent Liberty (Sam Witwer). Meanwhile, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Manchester Black (guest star David Ajala) follow a lead on Agent Liberty's location, but things take a dark turn. Lena (Katie McGrath) kicks off her first set of trials. Chad Lowe directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Katie Rose Rogers (#407).

Z3m1bnvl.jpg

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we have Nia and Manchester, Lena isn't by herself in not knowing Supergirl's identity at least.

Still bullshit we've gone this long and she still doesn't know. It was a plot point in season 2 that Lena would never forgive Kara when she finds out she's been hiding this from her. How do you go a full season without touching on that plot point?

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that we have Nia and Manchester, Lena isn't by herself in not knowing Supergirl's identity at least.

Still bullshit we've gone this long and she still doesn't know. It was a plot point in season 2 that Lena would never forgive Kara when she finds out she's been hiding this from her. How do you go a full season without touching on that plot point?
They'll get there eventually... they've dropped hints that Lena is getting suspicious,especially after that time Mercy attacked L-Corp.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wonders if Kara will ever tell Lena or if Kara will just drop the secret identity in a press conference, Oliver Queen style, as some kind of PR-counter to Agent Liberty.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wonders if Kara will ever tell Lena or if Kara will just drop the secret identity in a press conference, Oliver Queen style, as some kind of PR-counter to Agent Liberty.
That could be where things are gearing up towards, but we already had Guardian do that last season, making it a little repetitive and Season 4 feels too early for her to reveal her identity.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Welp, football postgame press conference bullshit has delayed Supergirl until 11pm local time here. Guess I'll watch it tomorrow. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.