• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a good one
The crossover setup at the end was HYPE

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was actually the best episode of the season. That ending was intense.
Starkiller focused eps are still the best, but yeah tonight's was much better than the average Supergirl stuff. Thanks Kevin!

That look Kara gave Nia when she said she didn't know who Lois Lane was is hilarious.

The only thing I would've changed was to have
Supergirl quit the DEO instead of her being fired.
As soon as the ultimatum was hinted, my wife and I said, "Then I quit" simultaneously. lol

Definitely a good one
The crossover setup at the end was HYPE
This too! Just seeing all the heroes down all over the place was hype!

Oct 26, 2017
Of course they made Agent Liberty a martyr. Kill him or arrest him, just make sure you do it quietly. Even then you'd still have people take up the mantle in his place.

Supergirl continues her naive crusade.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Hey, quick question. I know the actress playing Nia is transgender, but didn't Nia explicitly tell James that she was earlier this season? And if that's the case, then why did she tell Kara she has a genetic condition that only affects females of her race? Surely there's no way retconned her character being transgender, so I'm guessing that was an oversight?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017

Still need to watch last night episode but I did see the new teaser. Interesting mix of character who they had in there. I think that was a version of the Smallville Green Arrow unless they want to outright say Earth 90 is the Smallville Earth cause I can see them doing that. We never did see Barry on that Earth just Bart and there was the entire JS that existed as the original guard with Clark and his generation being the new heroes. They could easily fit others in the middle there. Anyway.

I really like that they snuck in the 90s Flash theme along with him running toward the screen.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"Who are you?"
"Intolerant left"

Manchester Black is apparently on Era or on Twitter a lot
Hey, quick question. I know the actress playing Nia is transgender, but didn't Nia explicitly tell James that she was earlier this season? And if that's the case, then why did she tell Kara she has a genetic condition that only affects females of her race? Surely there's no way retconned her character being transgender, so I'm guessing that was an oversight?
Let me put it this way I doubt it's an oversight and they know

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alright Kara lifting the building was pretty damn cool. In general I think I'm pleasantly surprised by this season so far.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
The wife siding with him at the end was a good touch. That's real love right there.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
What's the over/under on Kara talking to Ollie about his public identity during the crossover?

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The President is a piece of alt-right shit who insists domestic terrorists are very fine people and cares more about what people are saying about him than providing any moral leadership, probably as projection over his insecurities about not being legitimately elected to his office.

So, Supergirl is getting more realistic.

Oct 25, 2017
Really great episode. All of the stuff with Nia was good, and I love where this season is going. I'm glad that Supergirl is finally out of the DEO; it's been kind of a black mark to have her associated so heavily with a black ops government organization.

This season has been pretty killer so far.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The President is a piece of alt-right shit who insists domestic terrorists are very fine people and cares more about what people are saying about him than providing any moral leadership, probably as projection over his insecurities about not being legitimately elected to his office.

So, Supergirl is getting more realistic.
In his defense an alien secretly became president #whereisthebirthcertificate aliens can't be president ya gotta be born on earth.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Oh of course the new president would go this route, that certainly wasn't an obvious turn the moment President Wonder Woman resigned and put an old white dude in her place that made no sense as someone who would've been her running mate.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh of course the new president would go this route, that certainly wasn't an obvious turn the moment President Wonder Woman resigned and put an old white dude in her place that made no sense as someone who would've been her running mate.

Probably the "sensible pragmatist" needed to convince the centrists that she wouldn't be too radical so that they would vote for her.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the episode, president seems crazy if he wants a war with the super.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to post this... They've mentioned numerous times that she was transgender... And now she's an alien with powers that only females of their species get...huh?

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
her being transgender doesn't have to be negated

it might have been a process done on her native Naltor, rather than from an Earth perspective, which might be more complex, ie, genetic change, allowing Nia to eventually develop the same abilities. it appears that she is a late to getting a handle on her abilities

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

it might have been a process done on her native Naltor, rather than from an Earth perspective, which might be more complex, ie, genetic change, allowing Nia to eventually develop the same abilities. it appears that she is a late to getting a handle on her abilities
This is most likely it. They didn't just forget that the first live action trans super hero is trans, people.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
If the President really wants to know who Supergirl really is he should probably get someone to run a facial recongnition scan on her. I'm sure someone in the US government could get it done for him.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If the President really wants to know who Supergirl really is he should probably get someone to run a facial recongnition scan on her. I'm sure someone in the US government could get it done for him.
If only there was some organization that he had complete control over that regularly does facial scans on aliens.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if shes alone with anyone who knows her identity then they refer to her as Kara and if others are around it's Supergirl. I know I've heard both at the DEO.

I always find it funny how carefree heroes with secret identities can be about using their real names in a public setting in movies and shows and comics. They should probably never do it in a public setting no matter how sure they are that no one's around who doesn't know their secret identity (aside from maybe the rare super emotional scene).

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018

I'm definitely going to chalk it up to that for now. I just wish they'd been more clear or explicit.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They cast her mother and sister a few weeks back, so I'm expecting them to delve a bit deeper

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if shes alone with anyone who knows her identity then they refer to her as Kara and if others are around it's Supergirl. I know I've heard both at the DEO.

I'm fairly sure they've showed her having a locker at the DEO that had her actual name on it, and there can't be anybody there that hasn't heard her and Alex talking about being sisters...

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Yeah these CW (and some other) superheroes keeping their secret identities in real life would be basically impossible. They change into costumes in elevators (which would have cameras in them) and then burst out the ceiling, freely discuss their superhero issues in civilian form with a dozen or so people in earshot, pretty sure they carry their cell phones with them which could be tracked, take off their masks in public because the villain just disappeared around the corner and they have to properly convey their reaction to the camera every second week or so etc.

They are pretty dumb, and that doesn't really give them an excuse, but the last couple episodes of all the Arrowverse shows have been a lot of fun for me, so I guess I am happy to forgive it at the moment.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Elseworlds OT is live.

PS. is this season actually good, or still just "good for Supergirl" because I'm like 5 episodes behind, but I'm also thirsty for Sam Witwer
Supergirl until now has just been so incredibly bland and forgetful for me that I couldn't even tell you who any of the previous big bads are and I didn't even care for any good guys beyond J'onn.

This time though... Agent Liberty is actually legit (although I do take issue with how easily the public and the president glosses over the whole terrorist aspect this ep), he's an actually developed character with a story I'm for once paying attention to. In general characters are everything for me, so the new cast (including Brainy now as a main member) has done wonders for my enjoyment of the show.

"Who are you?"
"Intolerant left"

Manchester Black is apparently on Era or on Twitter a lot
I died right here, as Manchester has completely cemented himself as my fav CW character now. I can't express how insane it is to me that I can say that about someone coming from Supergirl.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This time though... Agent Liberty is actually legit (although I do take issue with how easily the public and the president glosses over the whole terrorist aspect this ep), he's an actually developed character with a story I'm for once paying attention to. In general characters are everything for me, so the new cast (including Brainy now as a main member) has done wonders for my enjoyment of the show.

The show still has problems obviously and it's not great but man I agree did the additions of Manchester Black and Agent Liberty go a long way in improving the show.

Those two are both way better actors than previous villains and way more compelling and human (ironic considering the theme of the season)

It helps they're more than generic bad guys who want to rule or kill people

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man I would watch the fuck out of a Manchester Black series with him beating the shit out of racists

Supergirl: If you kill him, what does that make you?
Manchester Black: The intolerant left.

Status
Not open for further replies.