• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
So everyone thinks Lex blew up, are they going to be surprised as well as Lena to find out he is alive and well and causing trouble.

Now I hope they don't drag out the...Lena knows, but Kara always finds a way to never tell her. She should just tell her instantly and we can have a drama free moment for once. Lena and Kara's relationship actually feels real and it is one of the things I enjoy about the show and it is a shame it is going away.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I would argue that season one was the best of the CW shows that year. It was far from the best, but with competition from S2 Flash, S4 Arrow and S1 Legends it was just enough.

Still, I would say Supergirl legit wins out this season, with Legends at a close second.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Either he may return next season or there were scheduling issues? He posted a tweet after that episode aired saying he would be back
He better be. The episode where he "dies", is kind of a shit way for him to actually die, but did work as a way to take his leave while Lex and Red Daughter got focus.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me if i'm wrong but did Red Daughter and Supergirl basically and literally:

GloriousSparklingBorer-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they rejoined after being split so maybe. I wonder if she'll get RD's "evolved" powers next season.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
We saw Kara use Red Daughter's powers in this episode, unless you mean will she keep them or will the writers forget about it like the Flash writers forgot Flashtime exists.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Really good finale for a pretty good season. To think I almost decided to not watch it after last season. In fact I haven't even finished the last season, lol.

So excited for Crisis.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yup, quite a turn around this season, it just shows how important compelling villains are and Supergirl had all of them this season.

Supergirl > LoT > Black Lightning > Arrow >> Flash

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a few months early, but given the Martian villain tease:

Supergirl S5 |OT| Fly Me to Barsoom

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Yup, quite a turn around this season, it just shows how important compelling villains are and Supergirl had all of them this season.

Supergirl > LoT > Black Lightning > Arrow >> Flash

I agree, although I can't place BL because I've only watched a few S2 episodes.

What put Supergirl over the line for me was the stellar casting of Nia, Lex, Lockwood and Black, as well as the main cast putting in their usual strong performances. Sam Witwer, Jon Cryer and Jesse Rath were my season MVPs.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good finale, namely because Lex is still able to come back. If he had actually died, I would've been pretty annoyed.

And at long last, Lena finally fucking knows. Now that it's happened, especially in this context, I don't know what I want to see next out of it lol. Really enjoyed how ruthless she's been this season, from poisoning her mom, to killing her brother.

Also lol, I only very recently realized that the whole reason James' sister is here is just to give Alex a new love interest. Was wondering why they kept spending so much time together lmao, their chemistry is so blah it just didn't even register to me

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I really really like Lena as a good person. I don't want to see her go dark. I hope her and Kara make up. (And I know I have said this in CW threads before, but I'm so tired of the "you didn't tell me you were [superhero], I'm so angry!!!" as a trope.

Also, will Lex be fine, or will he be some kind of undead thingy?

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest disappointment next season will be Supergirl not having the budget to do a proper Martian v Martian fight scene:

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's so much more that can be done with Manchester even if J'onn is busy dealing with his brother next season. I feel like we'll be seeing him again.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's so much more that can be done with Manchester even if J'onn is busy dealing with his brother next season. I feel like we'll be seeing him again.
Well, the actor said he'd wasn't gone for good and would be back.

..but then again Wally said the same thing. Sooo.. Maybe they'll just occasionally mention that Manchester is also drinking tea with monks?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This was the best season of all of the CW DC shows and easily the best season of Supergirl. I don't know what changed, did they get new writers or something?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
This has been a good season. I was really skeptical about trotting out the old "evil twin" plotline, but they've done a very good job with it. When it comes to superhero stories, stick with what works I suppose.
It doesn't hurt that they found a good Lex Luthor and built him up nicely.
I was ready to bail on Supergirl last season but I'm glad I didn't. It's been some of the best CW superhero TV they've made.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That's all it took for Supergirl yet flash is still weak

It also had three great recurring villains this season with Manchester, Lockwood and Lex Luthor 4 if you count red daughter

Previous seasons villains were just one note and deep as a puddle

Also I'm doing a breakdown but I'm legit racking my head trying to remember them lol

1 had Kara aunt who had potential but she got replaced by Non the non character and discount zod partnering up with budget mystique

2 had Lillian who wasn't the worst but was probably there because they couldn't get Lex but then the fucking Daxamite came and was just boring kryptonians

3 had the world killers who had so much potential as sort of foil to Supergirl but was botched

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
"Try not to quote Hitler in public, dear. It'll hurt the brand."

Supergirl becoming good TV is still hard to believe.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

It also had three great recurring villains this season with Manchester, Lockwood and Lex Luthor 4 if you count red daughter

Also I'm doing a breakdown but I'm legit racking my head trying to remember them lol

1 had Kara aunt who had potential but she got replaced by Non the non character and discount zod partnering up with budget mystique

2 had Lillian who wasn't the worst but was probably there because they couldn't get Lex but then the fucking Daxamite came and was just boring kryptonians

3 had the world killers who had so much potential as sort of foil to Supergirl but was botched

Flash basically needs to get back to having fun while at the same time finding a good villain that isn't RF.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Red Daughter was like something that they needed to do because of last season, and then they found out people liked their new villains way more so they kept her for a small arc.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

I refer to the previous big bads as "Vulcan Space Punchers." They were all super powerful aliens who were portrayed as being some level of emotionally cold/detached who posed a physical threat, but much less in regards to personal/emotional/idea logical menace and had very little charisma.

The last great recurring Supergirl villain before this season was Lillian Luthor.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I refer to the previous big bads as "Vulcan Space Punchers." They were all super powerful aliens who were portrayed as being some level of emotionally cold/detached who posed a physical threat, but much less in regards to personal/emotional/idea logical menace and had very little charisma.

The last great recurring Supergirl villain before this season was Lillian Luthor.
It's probably why they went all in on the luthors and Vulcan Space Punchers is way too accurate

Though even the vulcans had charisma and personality

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Everything that made season 4 great was tested in season 2 and then abandoned after Christmas to center the series on shipping.

Apr 4, 2019
I hope Lena's arc next season isn't just going to be Smallville-Lex all over again.

I like how Melissa was sorta pulling a Chris Reeve when trying to tell her the truth on the plane.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Binged the last four episodes tonight.

That was the best finale in terms of plot and bombast but was also the weakest in terms of emotional depth. Like the other three all got a strong reaction from me but nothing here. I still don't give a fuck about these characters and that's the ultimate strike against the show. Flash and Arrow having good earlier seasons gives them so much more goodwill to burn.

James sucks. After all this time they still haven't got rid of his useless ass. And now they've introduced his bland sister as a limp love interest for Alex. Ugh. Speaking of Alex, dumb forgets her sister plot.

Lex was great but it really feels like Liberty got screwed as a result of him coming through. Also wtf at Manchester Black getting such an abrupt ending. They had three great villains when they only two.

Brainy going full Brainiac was great and so much better. Pissed that he went back to his dumb goofball self.

Meh on the villain teases for next season except for revived Lex, and presumably he's Crisis. I'm sure the Martian brother will be a good acting exercise for David Harewood at least.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Lena's arc next season isn't just going to be Smallville-Lex all over again.

I like how Melissa was sorta pulling a Chris Reeve when trying to tell her the truth on the plane.

I'm kind of hoping it lasts just long enough for Lena to unleash something that she can't put back in the bottle.

Then she gets a visit by her mother who tells her "She was going to tell you three years ago until I poked at her insecurities. I'd imagine your brother did the same to you" and immediately realizes she did something horrible.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lena honestly my favorite character on the show now, next season better do right by her

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
As good as the season was, being the best season to date isn't a very high bar TBH.

Some issues aside it was still the best Berlani DC show on the CW this season.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah best season of Supergirl really doesn't mean anything.

And it's hard for me to rate this season highly because it just didn't have any kind of emotional core. The other great Arrowverse seasons do. And all the other finales landed their moments with XS/Nate/Olicity. It also definitely rubbed me the wrong way that 2/3rd through the season they dropped Liberty and Manchester to put Lex in the spotlight, as good as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.