• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The other finales don't make up for their bad seasons tho. This was a satisfying cap on a stellar season instead of having a bright spot in an episode or two.

Also, no emotional core? What was Kara and Alex? It was even a highlight in Elseworlds. If you don't like them that's fine but to say it didn't have an emotional core is just false.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
I was really pleased with this season and the finale. They've been building to Lena finding out her identity for such a long time that it coming from Lex was very painful. I would put either this or the Legends finale as my favorite one in this season of Arrowverse shows. The Flash finale didn't do a lot for me, and I disconnected from Arrow so hard this season that I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on in the show for the past several episodes.

The lowlight for me was definitely killing off Manchester like that. I thought at the very least his death would have had more of a lasting impact on J'onn, but nope, just one episode of vision quest and he was totally ok with killing a man in cold blood. And this may be petty but it really rubbed me the wrong way that while Manchester's methods were wrong, he was mostly on the good side, or at least had good ideals, and he was killed off with little remorse, but Lockwood, the guy with wrong methods AND wrong ideals just gets sent to prison.

Overall I did really enjoy the season as a whole though, especially when Lex entered the fray and everything started coming together. I liked all the additions to the cast, and if they could just find a way to make Jimmy work they'd really have something good going.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Also, no emotional core? What was Kara and Alex? It was even a highlight in Elseworlds. If you don't like them that's fine but to say it didn't have an emotional core is just false.
Except their emotional story this season was a bullshit contrivance based on the dumb secret identity stuff (and was also resolved in the previous episode, not the finale). The Alex/Kara stuff was bad this season, and Alex in general was underutilized with her flat love interest. Alex/Kara was last truly great in season two with the coming out stuff but it's been weak since then. S3 had J'onn and M'yrnn at least. It's crazy how much David Harewood has to carry this show, often completely separate from the rest of the cast. The Nia stuff was the closest thing to working, but even then I feel they couldn't get the balancing act quite right between the trans and the alien elements of the character. The utopia town was uh, an odd choice.

Again the problem with the season is that - even compared to Supergirl's other seasons, which were bad, but at least had moments to truly connect with - I can't really say I root for any of the main characters and I sincerely cared more about Liberty, Manchester and Lex. Like Reverse Flash dominated S1 Flash and S2 Legends, but you still wanted Barry to save his mother and the Legends to reunite. S1 Merlyn was very compelling but you sure as hell wanted Oliver to wipe that smirk off his face.

also Jimmy, four years the worst part of the show, my god how is he still on it

Last edited:

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Watching now on Netflix, since I haven't tuned into Flash or Arrow for the past 2 seasons, how important is it that I get caught up for the crossover?

Edit: Not planning to watch 2 years of content, but maybe the run up to Elseworlds.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Watching now on Netflix, since I haven't tuned into Flash or Arrow for the past 2 seasons, how important is it that I get caught up for the crossover?

Edit: Not planning to watch 2 years of content, but maybe the run up to Elseworlds.
Elseworlds + each show's finale should be alright for now.

It's looking like all the shows will be investing heavily into Crisis setup during the first half of their seasons later this year, especially Arrow.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Elseworlds + each show's finale should be alright for now.

It's looking like all the shows will be investing heavily into Crisis setup during the first half of their seasons later this year, especially Arrow.
I'm halfway through part 3, and despite having dropped Arrow and Flash early into the previous season, it doesn't feel like I missed much. I think I'll catch a summary of Flash S4 and Arrow S6 and then watch the newest stuff in full.

other than that, All of Supergirl so far has been great and Elseworlds has been fantastic.

Somebody saaaaave meeeeeeeee

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up.
Didn't see Lex getting shot.
Kara reveal to Lena would have been better if they were going out 😗

I was wondering what shenanigans they will put James Olsen again....then his pirate now. Fuck....Arrr Matey

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Finally watched the finale. Really enjoyed it. Thought the fights were all well done & loved Brainy snapping back to himself.

Overall, this was a really good season. That finale was exciting for the crossover next year. It's crazy how much they're doing to build it up. It really feels like their own version of Endgame. All these years have been building to this one event.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Part of me wonders if we're seeing a setup for a "Friends vs Friends" arc.

Emotionally wounded Lena and cold, calculating Braniac as at least temporary villains.
just do a version of the show with all the good characters

Red Kryptonite Kara
Emotionless Brainiac-5
Season 2 Mon-El
Lesbian Lena
Regular Martian Manhunter

plus all the S4 villains and uh Livewire I guess

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
This season did a lot of good things with Brainy.

I remember people were down on Brainy last season.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Braniac becomes "ruthless"
Krypton Braniac: hold my drink
S01E10-PhantomZone22-580x870%2B%25282%2529.jpg

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Binged the final half (everything post-crossover) on Netflix and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The show seems... confident, I guess? Like they finally figured out what they want it to be. Cryer as Lex was great. Lockwood was a great villain, in the sense that I fucking hated that guy. I even thought James was used well (in the back half, the beginning with him being pals with Liberty I didn't care for). I wish they'd keep Red Daughter around longer, I would've loved to see some hijinks with her post-face turn. I really hope that the Lena reveal is a red herring and they're not turning her.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
It's fitting that Lockwood never got the chance to confront Lex about being used. From beginning to end, he was nothing but a chump.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
so I heard season 4 has good villains and stuff, so i started trying to catch up with season 3

and lord is this Reign arc hard to get through

also the gun control episode is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while

yes, the secretive government agency is going to stop using guns because one dude bought a similar one and tried to shoot people

get the fuck outta here

like, you're a secret agency, nobody knows you exist. how are you setting an example for anyone?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It's fitting that Lockwood never got the chance to confront Lex about being used. From beginning to end, he was nothing but a chump.
He was an entertaining chump, because Sam Witwer is a treasure

so I heard season 4 has good villains and stuff, so i started trying to catch up with season 3

yes, the secretive government agency is going to stop using guns because one dude bought a similar one and tried to shoot people

get the fuck outta here

like, you're a secret agency, nobody knows you exist. how are you setting an example for anyone?
Season 3 was so bad that I barely remember what happened. I binged the shit out of 4 though, it was so much better.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hate Season 3, but it's the weakest Supergirl season.

Legends is the only CW show to escape the season 3 curse. Pray for Black Lightning.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

get the fuck outta here

We're not going to judge you for skipping S3

Trust us no one likes that season

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Meh

Show needs to be getting rid of more dead weight, not less. Keeping charisma void James and adding his equally boring sister, oof.

Also not super psyched about this whole Leviathan being behind Lex the whole time thing. Kind of neutered him. Lex being behind Agent Liberty was flimsy enough. Hope he's confirmed for Crisis soon.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is Lex confirmed for the next season at least?

Also, dont like the hair, but can live with the pants.

Oct 25, 2017

Great news. She's really earned it, especially with the last season.

Also not super psyched about this whole Leviathan being behind Lex the whole time thing. Kind of neutered him. Lex being behind Agent Liberty was flimsy enough. Hope he's confirmed for Crisis soon.

I don't think Leviathan was "behind Lex" like Lex was for Agent Liberty. It was more like they just manipulated a few things via Eve to advance things somewhat. I mean, Lex had set plenty of stuff in motion before even meeting Eve; she really just got him to find about the Harun-El.

I'm interested to see what we get from Lex in a second act, especially if he winds up finding out about Leviathan and trying to take them down.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a fun coincidence considering Leviathan is the current bad guy in Action Comics and an event

We probably aren't Talia al ghoul or Jason Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.