• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
man I'm 7 episodes into Season 4 and this season is pretty damn legit.
as much as I usually dislikethe overt political stuff in shows like this having racist average civilians as antagonists is solving a huge Arrowverse issue that nothing feels like its living outside the core stuff (Flash specifically)

Supergirl loves the drama so having the antagonist drama be human level also takes away a lot of that feeling that the life drama and such is wasting fun superhero show time

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
sniuuxe12fm31.jpg

When I first saw this poster 15 years ago, I wrote it off as a Buffy ripoff. How wrong I was.

While the show has had it's ups and down over the years, it still entertained me throughout.

Did Sam ever actually use that weird blade he's holding in the poster?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
sniuuxe12fm31.jpg

When I first saw this poster 15 years ago, I wrote it off as a Buffy ripoff. How wrong I was.

While the show has had it's ups and down over the years, it still entertained me throughout.

Wrong thread.
Wayward Son is that way

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
When is crisis happening?

And how did they end up linking Kara's universe with Flash and Arrow? I know before Barry ran into Supergirl's universe. Did they merge them?

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
When is crisis happening?

And how did they end up linking Kara's universe with Flash and Arrow? I know before Barry ran into Supergirl's universe. Did they merge them?

The merge is expected to happen during Crisis which starts Dec 8 with Supergirl.

In previous crossovers they've used Vibe/Cisco or tech to make portals between Earths.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
sniuuxe12fm31.jpg

I'm confused, that's clearly a picture of Jensen from earlier this year?

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
man I'm 7 episodes into Season 4 and this season is pretty damn legit.
as much as I usually dislikethe overt political stuff in shows like this having racist average civilians as antagonists is solving a huge Arrowverse issue that nothing feels like its living outside the core stuff (Flash specifically)

Supergirl loves the drama so having the antagonist drama be human level also takes away a lot of that feeling that the life drama and such is wasting fun superhero show time

I loved season 4 political season Also

Oct 25, 2017
Man its weird watching through this and Smalville at the same time.
One second im watching Clark fight Bizarro in a hydro dam, the next Manjobber is fighting Manchester Black in the same set.

Also got me thinking Smallville Lex actually had a pretty cool secret lab HQ and yet of all the Arrowverse shows I can't think of any legitimate villain HQ/lair.

Edit: holy shit this Lex is great.
S4 of Supergirl is right now one of the best Arrowverse seasons.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
yet of all the Arrowverse shows I can't think of any legitimate villain HQ/lair
Technically Reverse Flash's lair was STAR Labs!

Other than that Ra's had Nanda Parbat, Neron had Hell and uhhh

Edit: holy shit this Lex is great.
S4 of Supergirl is right now one of the best Arrowverse seasons.
He's amazing but it's a shame that Agent Liberty and Manchester Black get sidelined for him. Feels like they could've got a season out of each.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing that Lena still goes on the offensive despite Kara telling the truth. I would have preferred for Kara to come forward after Lena reeleased the evidence.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Eww no, part of the reason Supergirl finally had a good season is because they had multiple decent villains to work with, making the 20+ episodes that much more bearable.
Manchester Black just randomly disappears and Agent Liberty gets handwaved with "it was actually just Lex" who was only there for 3 episodes. Felt like every villain got shortchanged.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester Black just randomly disappears and Agent Liberty gets handwaved with "it was actually just Lex" who was only there for 3 episodes. Felt like every villain got shortchanged.
I do wish they had done something a bit more with Manchester. His ending felt anti-climactic

That's fair, but I'm just saying they can't carry an entire season, so despite its imperfections, it was the best decision to put them all into one season.

Oct 25, 2017

I still hope that Manchester returns. As far as Liberty goes, they used him just right. He was a good villain in his own right, but him being Lex's useful idiot helps click the whole season into place.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally think my only issue with the season so far is that it is kinda too good and grand for just Supergirl, needs a little bit of Superman.

Oct 25, 2017
Not for fighting or anything but for
1. To be a part of the Human vs Alien stuff, Supergirl as the face of the good aliens just feels weird when Superman was around for years longer than her with more reach
2. To actually show him against Lex, would sell it a bit more.
3. Supergirl is so connected to National City it even feels like the White House is there, Superman would allow for a wider perspective at the very least add some from Metropolis.
The situation is huge scale but Supergirl just feels so constrained to one city.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Not for fighting or anything but for
1. To be a part of the Human vs Alien stuff, Supergirl as the face of the good aliens just feels weird when Superman was around for years longer than her with more reach
2. To actually show him against Lex, would sell it a bit more.
3. Supergirl is so connected to National City it even feels like the White House is there, Superman would allow for a wider perspective at the very least add some from Metropolis
This is why Superman is on another planet

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
National City is assumed to be in southern California, and non-compete clauses are illegal in California.
No Earth so far in Arrowverse can be assumed to be completely faithful to laws in reality as the existence of metas, maniacal supervillains, and aliens means laws developed in a different manner. In essence maybe non-compete clauses that are active on ownership transition actually exist in Kara's universe. I'd rather quit and change careers in such a universe if a company attempted to pull that.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

#5.02 - Stranger Beside Me
TECHNOLOGY BECOMES THE NEW THREAT- Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), Alex (Chyler Leigh), and Brainiac (Jesse Rath) thwart an alien attack while William (Staz Nair) investigates Kara (Melissa Benoist). J'onn J'onzz (David Harewood) and Kelly (Azie Tesfai) use Obsidian tech to solve a problem. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Katie Rose Rogers (#502)

WeZ6EUDl.jpg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
So how long till this AI turn evil and tries to kill all humans after Lena constantly reminds her that it's awesome and humans ain't shit?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Inb4 Lena's plan is actually a good one and not really evil.

Figured the lens would be used for evil porpoises and not for good things.