• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Okay, show. Alex is happy right now. Do not fuck this up or I'm going to fly into space and throw the moon into your corporate headquarters.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, show. Alex is happy right now. Do not fuck this up or I'm going to fly into space and throw the moon into your corporate headquarters.

Seems like Alex is destined for tragic love stories. Hopefully her destiny changes Post-Crisis. Nobody likes a sad and depressing relationship.

Feels like the next two weeks is going to wrap up arcs across every show for Crisis

Yup and I'm so excited for the start of COIE. What a time to be alive.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Feels like the next two weeks is going to wrap up arcs across every show for Crisis
I think they basically have to. Crisis is going to merge universes. You can't just stroll along like it never happen
Seems like Alex is destined for tragic love stories. Hopefully her destiny changes Post-Crisis. Nobody likes a sad and depressing relationship.
True. And it's an even worse look when you do it with the show's prominent gay character. They need to just make Alex in love and happy. This show has enough characters that they don't need to have drama in Alex's relationship. Her partner can just be a supportive character and member of the team.

This isn't a problem for straight characters. Just look at Iris. Yes, I know Barry is the titular character and Alex is not, but Kara isn't even dating, so just do it.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
They did alright with Crisco and Kamilla last time. They should try and replicate that for Alex and Kelly Mulciber. It does seem like they're going that way with her Obsidian story arc. Maybe she'll get a huge promotion and will be a good supporting role. Tech related or something.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
When Lena said she killed her brother for her and for her friends and asking Kara if she knew what that meant...I was damn, Lena right.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't gonna lie, I forgot that part of the reason she's so mad is because of Lex. But jfc she's still so petty, really takes me out of what was a very raw moment.

Also lol at every time Lena is doing something fucked up, she has the gall to say she's not a villain. Who are the writers trying to fool?

And ughhhh, we almost got rid of Kelly. I can't stand her. It's not like I want Alex to be alone forever, but Kelly just isn't working.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That Lena and Kara was great

In a vacuum

But knowing the reason for all this makes me roll my eyes but the acting was great

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
Lena just like constantly begging passive aggressively for a fight until she's like "fuck FINE I'll get caught with Myriad in my hand, even YOU can't be that oblivious" lol

Katie and Melissa EXECUTING on the big moments (5x01 and 5x07 both) but the inbetweens continue to be half-assed writing. Oh well. What's new.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Earth Bender kicking supergirl ass: HAHA EARTH POWER
Supergirl: Yeah but this is just ice and crystal here
Earth Bender suddenly starts losing

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
First decent episode of the season.

The emotional stuff was really well done with Kara/Lena and J'onn/Malefic. Katie's scream was a little too teenage but it still worked. Melissa got to be incredibly vulnerable in a way we haven't seen in years.

Alex/Kelly sucks. The only time this show has done well with romance is S2, and it's just been nothing since then. I don't care about this William guy either.

oh and Leviathan being ANCIENT ALIENS is so fucking dumb and on brand for this show. Cara Buono will be the big bad I guess. Yawn.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume Lena really didn't give a fuck at that point if Kara caught her stealing, prolly even low-key wanted to so she could finally tell her off

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is literally no justification for Lena's bullshit this season and turning evil. Fuck outta here with that. Sure Kara should have told her sooner but that should still be no reason for this.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume Lena really didn't give a fuck at that point if Kara caught her stealing, prolly even low-key wanted to so she could finally tell her off

Lena's acting really told you that she just didn't give a fuck anymore. She was way too excited and Kara being Kara never thought about why Lena was so excited.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Katie's scream was a little too teenage but it still worked
Yeah the got me because I don't think she's ever had an emotional outburst like that on the show and it showed the pain she felt.
Honestly tho I know that 98% of this board disagrees with this and I don't care cause it usually the case with how I think her but Lena's explanation seemed justified enough for me and it's why I wanted Kara to tell her earlier like season 2 earlier towards the end cause the way she found out was gonna turn her so yeah I'll just disagree with how the board feel about how Lena's acting.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lena's acting really told you that she just didn't give a fuck anymore. She was way too excited and Kara being Kara never thought about why Lena was so excited.

It was hilarious

Yeah the got me because I don't think she's ever had an emotional outburst like that on the show and it showed the pain she felt.
Honestly tho I know that 98% of this board disagrees with this and I don't care cause it usually the case with how I think her but Lena's explanation seemed justified enough for me and it's why I wanted Kara to tell her earlier like season 2 earlier towards the end cause the way she found out was gonna turn her so yeah I'll just disagree with how the board feel about how Lena's acting.

I've softened a bit on calling her petty, since between murdering her brother, or her realizing that in multiple occasions she thought she was gonna die when in actuality Supergirl had it under control. That kind of stuff justofiia friendship being ruined.

But this whole thing where it's made her into a villain, despite her pretending otherwise, is just bad...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TBH that's just a Luthor being a Luthor.

Well that's part of the frustration, at least for me. The appeal of her character was that yea sure, she'd flirt a little with her "dark side", but ultimately would never go full Luthor, nothing irredeemable. It's just more interesting than doing the cliche thing where she's ultimately this Luthor that's gonna do Luthor things.

But yea, that ship has sailed

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's part of the frustration, at least for me. The appeal of her character was that yea sure, she'd flirt a little with her "dark side", but ultimately would never go full Luthor, nothing irredeemable. It's just more interesting than doing the cliche thing where she's ultimately this Luthor that's gonna do Luthor things.

This is my issue too. Sucks that she's now who she is.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Again I don't really mind this Lena because it's just a nice change of pace from the rest of the silly morally perfect characters on the show.

Like Lena is so upset about killing Lex, like c'mon, you know Barry would kill every last person on your earth just for kicks. Hell, Oliver just took out Earth-2.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like Lena being evil, but fuck Katie acted the hell out of that scene. I legit forgot about her killing Lex.

To expand, like a poster mentioned above, her entire arc has been about being a Luthor, having this evil heritage and choosing not to succumb to it. To rise above her family's history and be better. And they've thrown it all in the bin, because she's a Luthor and Kara is supergirl and comics gonna comics.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019

I mean... it seems unlikely that it has? I feel like 95% sure that Crisis is going to force everyone to work together and the second half of s5 will be about picking up the pieces of Lena and Kara's relationship (possibly while contending with her tech being used by bad guys as is tradition). I mean, I could be wrong. But given how heavy-handedly they've been hammering the parallels to Winter SoldierRussell and Malefic, pretty sure they don't want to go full Luthor. I'm not an expert on comics lore in general, but Lena/Tess doesn't tend to be full Luthor anyway IIRC.

That said, this entire heel turn has been massively OOC based on what they have built for three seasons (this is a character whose go-to coping mechanisms are repression (boxes), blaming herself, and running away, so 100% yes she would be this emotionally wrecked and possibly peace the fuck out of National City the way she peaced out of Metropolis, but 100% no mind control is not a logical swerve for her -- not the least because non nocere is just intellectually dumb, forget about ethically) and I hate it, but like. I still don't think it's intended as an actual for-real heel turn.

Like, watch me eat my words when this show surpasses even my lowest expectations lol, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
She definitely wanted to be caught, yes, unless her plan was to somehow prevent Supergirl from noticing that she was carrying the big spiky thing, all the way back to National City.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... it seems unlikely that it has? I feel like 95% sure that Crisis is going to force everyone to work together and the second half of s5 will be about picking up the pieces of Lena and Kara's relationship (possibly while contending with her tech being used by bad guys as is tradition). I mean, I could be wrong. But given how heavy-handedly they've been hammering the parallels to Winter SoldierRussell and Malefic, pretty sure they don't want to go full Luthor. I'm not an expert on comics lore in general, but Lena/Tess doesn't tend to be full Luthor anyway IIRC.

That said, this entire heel turn has been massively OOC based on what they have built for three seasons (this is a character whose go-to coping mechanisms are repression (boxes), blaming herself, and running away, so 100% yes she would be this emotionally wrecked and possibly peace the fuck out of National City the way she peaced out of Metropolis, but 100% no mind control is not a logical swerve for her -- not the least because non nocere is just intellectually dumb, forget about ethically) and I hate it, but like. I still don't think it's intended as an actual for-real heel turn.

When I say the ship has sailed, I don't mean to say that I'm declaring that there's no way that the writers won't do some lame redemption arc or whatever. They've already made it repeatedly clear that Lena doesn't view herself as a villain after all. But regardless of whether they do that or not, the very idea of it is just BS to me. Like, she's done some really fucked up shit, including Lex's henchwoman (forgot her name) still being under her complete control. Just because she's not willing to kill or whatever doesn't change that.

They made her cross the line for real this season, so yea, ship has sailed, the most interesting part of her character is now gone, or at least it's no longer a struggle I can take seriously moving forward.

Only appeal the character has left for me now is enjoying her manipulating the fuck outta everyone, though I guess that's mostly done too now that the cat is out of the bag.

She definitely wanted to be caught, yes, unless her plan was to somehow prevent Supergirl from noticing that she was carrying the big spiky thing, all the way back to National City.

You never know with these characters lol

Oct 25, 2017
When I say the ship has sailed, I don't mean to say that I'm declaring that there's no way that the writers won't do some lame redemption arc or whatever. They've already made it repeatedly clear that Lena doesn't view herself as a villain after all. But regardless of whether they do that or not, the very idea of it is just BS to me. Like, she's done some really fucked up shit, including Lex's henchwoman (forgot her name) still being under her complete control. Just because she's not willing to kill or whatever doesn't change that.

They made her cross the line for real this season, so yea, ship has sailed, the most interesting part of her character is now gone, or at least it's no longer a struggle I can take seriously moving forward.

Only appeal the character has left for me now is enjoying her manipulating the fuck outta everyone, though I guess that's mostly done too now that the cat is out of the bag.

You never know with these characters lol
She basically did the comic book equivalent of the left wing-to-right wing grift "you were mean to me so I changed literally all of my positions overnight to own you"

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
They doing the Obsidian Age now? Weird flex, but ok

Yeah you missed out on Brainy telling the DEO that all those myths and legends were real and caused by Rama Khan.

Unfortunately, Rama Khan got got by Kara and Lena because his dumbass went to the Fortress of Solitude where he wasn't able to Earth-bend. He then just punched the floor of the FoS, and used that Earth to teleport away. Weird.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's amazing how Supergirl manages to take comic book characters like Rama Khan and makes it seem like they just came up with generic alien #632 as the villain

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Oh yeah, forgot I quoted this. This is the second time they've brought up Noah's Flood as an actual, real event. Though maybe it's not meant to be a literal version from the bible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's so weird to me. Maybe they'll do something with it? They actually said "Noah's Flood" twice in that conversation this week.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Jon thinks his dad is talking in metaphors about his brother, and then dad goes, no literally across town.