Superhot JP [temporary title] announced

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Looks like SUPERHOT Team licensed their IP to another indie publisher (GameTomo seems to have published Superhot and Immortal Redneck in Japan and Project Nimbus globally).

https://www.gametomo.co.jp/superhot-japan
What is this thing?

A new game in the SUPERHOT universe, using Japanese environments, from samurai castles and hot springs to karaoke bars and bullet trains.

Is it really called SUPERHOT JP?

No, that's just a temporary title. We're kicking around names right now..

Is it DLC? What are the platforms?

It will be standalone but priced very reasonably. We currently plan PC and PS4 releases at least..

How many levels/weapons/enemies/game modes?

About 15-18 regular levels and 3-4 endless levels, a few new weapons (including a bow and arrow), and the same game modes as the original SUPERHOT..

Is there new gameplay?

The game is close to the original SUPERHOT but there are new weapons, see through shoji screens, and some other surprises..

Who is developing it?

GameTomo is developing the game in Tokyo with guidance from SUPERHOT Team.

Will it be released overseas?

It will be released in Japan first and then possibly other countries worldwide.

Oct 27, 2017
I love love love Superhot VR, but the flat screen version never really worked for me.

My primary annoyance is that time moves when you turn around, which basically means you're punished for examining your surroundings. I don't like getting killed from behind.

Oct 25, 2017
SUPERHOT is by far my favourite game of this gen and happily sits as one of my GOAT. In other words, I’m well fucking in.

Might as well pop a very short (but still nice) run:

Bows are in? Awesome!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
What is this thing?

A new game in the SUPERHOT universe, using Japanese environments, from samurai castles and hot springs to karaoke bars and bullet trains.

oh, definitely interested in this.

Oct 25, 2017
SUPERHOT is one of those games that needs a map editor whenever the inevitable sequel happens.

It's a concept they've only scratched the surface with.

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck yes!!! Superhot+Japan setting = Fucking Amazing! I was so hyped until I read it says Japan first and then "possibly other countries worldwide." Also only being on PS4 and PC is odd when Superhot launched on Xbox first (console wise). However, I guess since it's a japanese developer that's not really surprising. They're gonna stick to what they know I guess. I'd take a VR version though. Superhot VR is still one of the coolest VR experiences ever. :D

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes!!! Superhot+Japan setting = Fucking Amazing! I was so hyped until I read it says Japan first and then "possibly other countries worldwide." Also only being on PS4 and PC is odd when Superhot launched on Xbox first (console wise). However, I guess since it's a japanese developer that's not really surprising. They're gonna stick to what they know I guess. I'd take a VR version though. Superhot VR is still one of the coolest VR experiences ever. :D
I was confused at first as well but the Xbox version will probably come when it gets its Worldwide release

Oct 30, 2017
I was confused at first as well but the Xbox version will probably come when it gets its Worldwide release
Oh yeah. That could make sense too. I will hope for that then :p. If nothing else, I'll definitely be getting it on PC. Really hoping for that VR version though. :)