Price: Free for folk who purchased the original Superhot or $24.99
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital
Developer/Publisher: SUPERHOT Team
Size: ~3.5 GB

Steam_1.gif

SRvOLAu.png

What is SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE?
A run-based interpretation of SUPERHOT where the "time only moves at full speed when you do" gameplay is brought over into a randomly generated series of levels. The game also brings new mechanics, such as character builds, to the SUPERHOT formula to offer more combat opportunities compared to the original game.

Should I play the original SUPERHOT first?
Not required but it is recommended.

Is there a narrative?
Yes.

How long is the game?
The developers estimate around 12-15 hours to see everything in the game.

I got the original game from a free promotion like the Epic giveaway or Games with Gold. Do I get MIND CONTROL DELETE for free?
No.

I bought SUPERHOT VR do I get MIND CONTROL DELETE for free?
No.

Is MIND CONTROL DELETE in VR or getting VR support post-release?
No.

I bought the game on platform XYZ, when do I get my copy?
Platform-specific details are available here: https://superhotgame.com/mcd-faq/

Switch?
Nothing announced at the time of posting but submitting proof of purchase of the original game on Switch here will get you a DRM-free of MIND CONTROL DELETE copy on PC.

Is the game enhanced on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?
TBA

D7zn3wj.png

ss_d1b37ceb67d8916a719fad1af842bc7a315dac00.600x338.jpg
ss_6c455aa2b939d7b4b8326b8778b93c15a8b33337.600x338.jpg

ss_ab67cbe1377e73eb7c0375f454c00d2f636cae3f.600x338.jpg
ss_3c90e79c0bca3e25793ec2d809fd599591baff8c.600x338.jpg

XlVP3Qx.png

Metacritic
Xbox One | PC | PS4
Opencritic

culturedvultures 9/10
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE takes the bullet time brilliance of its predecessor and adds many new toys to its violent chessboard to even more thrilling effect.

PC Gamer 82/100
A fantastic return to Superhot's slick shootouts, at the expense of the original's deft pacing.

Dualshockers 8.5/10
It's a game that will have you striving to get through the levels to unlock more hacks and cores, but the endless mode is where it really lets you go to town on everything you've unlocked. If you were a fan of the original, you'll be right at home in Superhot: Mind Control Delete.

Grnro3P.png

Some platform/regional pages are TBA

Official Site
Review Thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a random message from Xbox Live, got my hopes up codes were going out earlier than expected.

Nope, just a random "f2p starter pack" haha.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I hadn't checked but if you purchased it on steam (the early access version) you can start playing it right now!

Yeah I've been playing it for a few hours now. Love it!

One of my favorite highlights so far. Bullet hack giving me three shotgun blasts!

killterest.com

TrueDramaticShadowChinchilla - Killterest - SUPERHOT gameplay replays

Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT is the FPS in which time moves only when you move. Killterest is here to collect your personal moments of cinematic violence. Watch them. Share them. Spread the System.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect this game to be a lot more divisive than the first SUPERHOT, due to its random and repetitive nature. I personally loved the ways the gameplay has been expanded upon, but there's levels I had to play like 10-15 different times in the story (without considering failures), which gets pretty boring as most maps also conveniently seem to feature a near perfect cheese spot.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
It's nice and fun, but I don't know if I'm enjoying the "boss" enemies. Generally, my success in a string of levels revolves around being lucky and having one not show up. I'm also surprised by how few areas there are. It's really just a small collection.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jeff Gerstmann describing it as the weakest of the trilogy (skip to 47:16) but it's still Superhot made me want to still play it but go with lowered expectations especially with the lack of storytelling. I loved all the extra content and styles of play in the original like katana only runs, so I'll get into this one.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Is it an update or dlc? I don't see it when I choose check for update or go to down and see if there's any dlc I need to download

It's a separate game and you won't find it under the original one. You have to go to your Library on the ps4 dashboard and search for it there to download.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I think I made it through. 12-15 hours only seems like an accurate estimate if you try to beat the 100 challenge node or whatever. I'm not gonna put myself through that. The node where you had to play through every single level in the game in a row with no powers was quite enough. I reached the credits in almost 7 hours, and by the end of that the content was beginning to feel spread thin. I did eventually figure out ways around the bosses which was fun though.

Edit: Unless I'm misinterpreting something, there may be another 8 hours of riveting gameplay after the credits roll.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oh neat, I can still apply for a steam code if I bought the Switch version. That is super cool. And they say in that form "not just yet" in regards to the missing platforms which makes me hopeful. Superhot was super fun on in handheld mode outside in the garden :D.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
Is it possible to kill the
dog/ninja? I've hit them with items, blades, shot them with guns, but nothing seem to impact them. You don't even get a melee prompt when close to them.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Is it possible to kill the
dog/ninja? I've hit them with items, blades, shot them with guns, but nothing seem to impact them. You don't even get a melee prompt when close to them.

As far as I could figure, no. You just avoid them. There are good ways to dodge the first one you mentioned.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got an hour in.

Graphics are better. Array of throwables is awesome... I John Wick'd some red guys with a penceeel. I like the freeform nature of the nodes. All in all, it's freakin great.

My one issue? R2 as the fire/grab button. I'm used to R1! 😂

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more excited to get my free Xbox copy than anything else in gaming at the moment.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
on PC, anyone else game blurry and a lot of color bleed?

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
Erm.

I've owned SUPERHOT since release.

This version isn't free, and I have to pay for it.

Pls halp.

Edit: Errr.

ftnkZba.png

Edit 2: I restarted steam and vola.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
For when players get to it, if you genuinely sit there for 8 hours you do get something.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Is it just me or are the replays after you clear a level kinda messed up? Like the point-of-view moves too slow and can't keep up with where you were actually looking/shooting. I haven't played the original in quite some time so maybe it had this problem too and I just don't remember.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought SuperHot probably 2+ years ago but when I look at this on PSN it is showing as £20. Can I still claim it or am I boned?

Edit - I still have my purchase confirmation email, so maybe I will grab a screenshot and message the devs on Twitter.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I bought the more expensive VR version on ps4. I'm guessing I don't get this for free?

Edit: just saw it :(

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly is the format for this? Even after an hour of play, I'm still kind of confused, and the game and its menus, in true SUPERHOT fashion, do absolutely nothing to explain itself. I played the tutorial until I got to the menu where I can choose nodes, and unlocked a few hacks and a core ability. But is this also a tutorial? Or am I already in a "run"? I loved the original game and thought I would be down for an expansion exactly in this vein, but MCD is taking a really long time to trickle in new stuff, and the few maps I've played are already a bit samey.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the last remaining 1 or 2 enemies are randomly exploding sometimes resulting in a win for no apparent reason. Perhaps I'm missing something (stray bullets or something) but it doesn't look like that is happening. It just happened now and all I was doing was throwing random objects at one enemy then two more, who were quite far away, just exploded. :\

Coffee

Oct 27, 2017
Malmö
So what is up with the pricing of this game? It's 14.99 on the Steam store but I just got it for 1.49 on the Epic store, I'm guessing that was a pricing error. Anyone else in Sweden got the same price?

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like the last remaining 1 or 2 enemies are randomly exploding sometimes resulting in a win for no apparent reason. Perhaps I'm missing something (stray bullets or something) but it doesn't look like that is happening. It just happened now and all I was doing was throwing random objects at one enemy then two more, who were quite far away, just exploded. :\

It seems as though you conplete the level once you kill a predetermined number of enemies, and any remaining after thst just explode. I haven't taken note but it seems like 5 or 6.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This game in a nutshell...
DaCHGeJU0AAtO8y.jpg

So what exactly is the format for this? Even after an hour of play, I'm still kind of confused, and the game and its menus, in true SUPERHOT fashion, do absolutely nothing to explain itself. I played the tutorial until I got to the menu where I can choose nodes, and unlocked a few hacks and a core ability. But is this also a tutorial? Or am I already in a "run"? I loved the original game and thought I would be down for an expansion exactly in this vein, but MCD is taking a really long time to trickle in new stuff, and the few maps I've played are already a bit samey.
30 mins in and it feels like an epilogue to the first one.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
This is real good. Wish there was more level variety, but I'm having a great time regardless.

Once you get a few of those abilities and enemy variants unlocked things get pretty wild.