• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if it is an imposter Chuck or if the empty will now become an ally to kill chuck.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was one hell of a character assassination. I hope the writers are smarter than this and there's more to it. If not, it will ruin some of the best seasons.

Kal117K

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man that was a hell of a finale. I'm now completely on board for Season 15 after this kinda disjointed season.

Oct 25, 2017
A friend made a good point, Could it possibly be the antichrist?
Possibly. I doubt they'd fuck Chuck up that bad. Especially after that turn around with Metatron. The Antichrist is said to perform miracles and will lead many astray which he was doing the whole episode. Giving them the gun knowing Dead would sacrifice himself, talking about how they're his favourite show, etc. The red suit also seems very antichrist like.

The music when Jack dies tho :(...and the music afterwards is so goddamn perfect I love that they chose it.

The Empty also drawing the smile on himself that was so hilarious lol, and Billie being there...wonder what is gonna happen there, super excited for the final season.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
That would be the perfect twist. They have already touched on him back in season 5 but he wasn't really a big thing back then.
I dunno. Jesse seemed to be on par Jack, and we know Chuck was able to dust Jack like he was nothing. My guess is that either Chuck became corrupted somehow, or that this is all some sort of final exam. Chuck may want humanity to achieve some sort of ultimate free will, and this is part of the plan.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
as I suspected, Jack wasn't really the big bad.
...it was much worse.

Dabb has completely assassinated Chuck's character. Kripke's and Carver's take on him was brilliant, I thought. I loved the lenghty explanation he provided about how he provided humanity with free will and how he doesn't want to interfere because of that. Etc etc. He even explaiend how Lucifer (and Amara) were his failings which is why he intervened then.

Now it's literally "I just want to be entertained".

And I hated how on the nose it all was with him smirking every other scene.

Sadly I just don't trust Dabb and the rest of the writers to pull this off well. This show already struggles with super powerful big bads being depowered when they face the Winchesters, but come on.... it's God. Going by this episode, it's entirely possible that even Amara was something he just came up with to fuck with the boys for entertainment. How can you defeat someone that controls everything? He could with a single snap make Sam and Dean forget about everything, or just outright kill them.

I'm honestly very disappointed with the direction the show is seemingly taking for its final season.

Last edited:

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I liked the finale very much but having God as a villain is terrible for my point of view. I don't know how I feel about Chuck's new personality.

Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY dont like the whole God is evil thing. I mean if God is evil, how is he different than Lucifer? How can there be any good in the universe at all then? Also so much for balance. Seems the dark sude controls everything. The one thing that bugged me in recent years in pop entertainment is that the good guys like angels are just as bad or worse than the demons they are supposed to protect us from. Now we are supposed to believe Sam and Dean can somehow take down God? That would make them gods themselves. Sigh. I am really gonna wish they stuck with season 5s ending aint I?

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Best season finale in years. Like me and my friends were blown away by this. Surprised that some of you guys didn't like it. That episode was awesome as heck. Maybe there will be a twist to the whole God is evil storyline. With Supernatural there usually is. Just got to wait and see.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know guys, this makes a lot of sense to me and in fact, I expected this outcome since a long time.
God in the Show, has show us that he has many "failings". Amara, lucifer, leviathans, Angels, etc.
Then there is the angels, except for a few, the angels are total assholes, and you dont born being an asshole, you pretty much are teached or inspired by someone who was an asshole.
So, Im in with this twist.
Of course, like some one said, this could be an antichrist or a corruption of sorts.
Looking forward to the final season.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
God, I mean Chuck, has always been a piece of shit. I don't see how this episode doesn't just continue what was already laid out.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
God, I mean Chuck, has always been a piece of shit. I don't see how this episode doesn't just continue what was already laid out.

I don't think he was a piece of shit before. He was amoral. He didn't really care if people died or killed eachother, because he subscribed to the idea that if you are given free will, you should be able to do whatever. He had some truly fantastic dialouge in S11 with Metatron and the boys about free will and his own failings (Lucifer, Amara). He's specifically helped against them because he was, at least in part, responsible for them.

This episode made him seem more like "I love watching the world burn you guys!". A typical power tripping asshole.

Oct 25, 2017
God has always been shown as selfish. He tried to kill his sister (who was actually amoral), and only deciding not to because doing so would kill himself. He was an asshole since forever.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
This twist completely ruins the rest of the series. It treats the Apocalypse saga like a story driven joke to amuse Chuck. And they completely destroyed Chuck's character in the process. This show has turned into a mess and I'm glad it's ending next season.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
God isn't evil, just a dick. Always has been. Just this time he took it too far, saw that his favorite toys are fed up, got bored with em and decided to discard em. If anything the big bad is not gonna be chuck, he said it himself, welcome to the End. Right now they are one of many universes that he discarded, forever abandoned until humanity completely wipes itself out. The plot is gonna be saving the universe and keeping it as is without Chuck interference permanently.
Also, is the Empty Jesus? Cause it did the cross hand symbols when it saw jack. And it kinda makes sense considering this episode. Jesus was the first Dean and Sam. Chuck talkedu about the father killing the son. Then Sam failed to kill Chuck. So the way I see it the true Son (Empty/Jesus) now has to face the Father who has cast aside, in a role reversal type of situation. And why the hell was billy there too? Maybe she knows about the Empty's true role? Also super glad that I was kinda right, Season 15 is gonna be a clusterfuck of every neold enemy returning.

Nemesis-T Type

Alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
God said he misses the old Death character.

Well NO SHIT! We all do. Such a bad decision killing him off and replacing him with fucking Billy

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i was actually thinking "God" was The Empty while watching the 2nd half of the episode, Chuck felt out of character throughout this episode, and different from before (plus that suit) and that this Chuck being The Empty in disguise was going to be the big reveal after Dean refused to shoot. but I was wrong, they went all in on the God heel turn.

All of this happened so suddenly, almost feels like it was written after they decided S15 would be the last one, that all of this wasn't the plan for the finale even by the mid-season break. I don't dislike it, it's just that after so many episodes of wheel spinning this season, the last episode escalated super quickly.

The Ghostbusters scene/nod was cool.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I'm more bothered by the implication that Dean Winchester doesn't like My Heart Will Go On. The real character assassination of the night.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched. yeah..... they totally ruined Chuck. It's one thing to go the way they did, but the way they wrote him this episode was terrible. He was like comically being shady and totally out of character. His 'subtle' manipulations were not subtle, and he was like overtly showing he only cares about the story. He was not like that previously at all.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how to judge that finale until we see how this plays out. On one hand Chuck was definitely more of a dick here, even taking into account his prior aloof Godliness where you couldn't really get a sense of his thinking, so that could be playing into a corrupted/Antichrist scenario, or simply a left field heel turn to end the series on. Idk.

On the other hand, that episode was really weird, and felt so un-Supernatural, particularly The Empty's little interaction with Jack, that I'm kinda into the strangeness of the whole thing, and looking forward to season 15 just going nuts, even if they make sense of this in the end and it's all a test.

Oh and Billie/The Empty having to essentially split Jack or whatever is happening there has the potential to be super interesting. Uncharted territory in regards to the rules of how everything works is where this series' lore is at its best.

Last edited:

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited for the last season. I wanna see a huge montage of everything that's happened up to it. I hope they do a promo for it that's like 20 min long

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It was weird, but it makes some sense.

I specially loved the "welcome to the end" considering the next season is the last one

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. Jesse seemed to be on par Jack, and we know Chuck was able to dust Jack like he was nothing. My guess is that either Chuck became corrupted somehow, or that this is all some sort of final exam. Chuck may want humanity to achieve some sort of ultimate free will, and this is part of the plan.
Jesse was supposed to get a big upgrade though if Lucifer actually arrived on the scenes. At that point he was just a halfbreed, not the Antichrist yet. The antichrist is supposed to be powerful enough to destroy the forces of heaven with a single word. That was way above Jesse's level, and Chuck was talking about how much damage Jack could do with two words. Looking at the theological texts, the Antichrist poses as God and he believes in the wonder of lies. Show has him appear the minute Jack stops the world from lying. Still, very curious about what twist they will apply.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I love it. There's nothing bigger than God on the show. If you're ending the series, having the big bad being that the God they always were fighting for was an evil asshole, is perfect. Also it lets them bring back pretty much anyone.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Jesse was supposed to get a big upgrade though if Lucifer actually arrived on the scenes. At that point he was just a halfbreed, not the Antichrist yet. The antichrist is supposed to be powerful enough to destroy the forces of heaven with a single word. That was way above Jesse's level, and Chuck was talking about how much damage Jack could do with two words. Looking at the theological texts, the Antichrist poses as God and he believes in the wonder of lies. Show has him appear the minute Jack stops the world from lying. Still, very curious about what twist they will apply.
Yeah Chuck here felt like the Antichrist more than god. I am starting to really wonder if perhaps Chuck was ALWAYS the Antichrist and God really was dead this whole time. Like Jack saying stop lying just made him drop his act, and finally show his true colors. Would make tons of sense actually and not be a character assassination, considering he was playing the role of god. But who's god you ask? Again, its the Empty. Well, not God but the closest thing to God. When it gets to Jack, you see it doing the Jesus hand symbols, so I think the Empty is the proper God of the Universe, the final faceless all powerful being God should be, while Chuck is just the Antichrist who has been fucking with everyone since the beginning of Time.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hey, uh, since Adam was in Hell, the S14 ending could be a way to finally bring him back. We know that the actor wants to return.

I'm also hoping it leads to original Bobby returning. In season 10, they left Bobby's fate ambiguous, but we know the angels were going to punish him somehow, maybe they kicked him out of Heaven and now we'll see him again.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah Chuck here felt like the Antichrist more than god. I am starting to really wonder if perhaps Chuck was ALWAYS the Antichrist and God really was dead this whole time. Like Jack saying stop lying just made him drop his act, and finally show his true colors. Would make tons of sense actually and not be a character assassination, considering he was playing the role of god. But who's god you ask? Again, its the Empty. Well, not God but the closest thing to God. When it gets to Jack, you see it doing the Jesus hand symbols, so I think the Empty is the proper God of the Universe, the final faceless all powerful being God should be, while Chuck is just the Antichrist who has been fucking with everyone since the beginning of Time.
The Empty's hand signals looked to me like painting a smile on its face, nothing more. Also (not specifically to you, speaking in general here), what about the choice of soundtrack which is very clear in saying, "God was never on your side."

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Empty's hand signals looked to me like painting a smile on its face, nothing more. Also (not specifically to you, speaking in general here), what about the choice of soundtrack which is very clear in saying, "God was never on your side."
Savior.jpeg

7DP6ehK_d.jpg

While the Empty drew the smile with its hand, look closely. Ring finger and pinky lowered, middle finger and index raised, thumb back. Its exactly the same, and J will not pass it as a coincidence. Also think about how Billy always sticks her nose in things unlike the old Death thing. Old Death didn't give a fuck about anything, Billie is more active. I can see her knowing about Jesus' fate as the Empty, the Antichrist acting as God, and not being okay with it. That or God is actually evil after all. Think about the Abraham and Isaac speech, and now think about the reverse. I am 100% qlmost certain the finale will be Jesus(Empty) Vessel Jack showdown with Chuck.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Savior.jpeg

7DP6ehK_d.jpg

While the Empty drew the smile with its hand, look closely. Ring finger and pinky lowered, middle finger and index raised, thumb back. Its exactly the same, and J will not pass it as a coincidence. Also think about how Billy always sticks her nose in things unlike the old Death thing. Old Death didn't give a fuck about anything, Billie is more active. I can see her knowing about Jesus' fate as the Empty, the Antichrist acting as God, and not being okay with it. That or God is actually evil after all. Think about the Abraham and Isaac speech, and now think about the reverse. I am 100% qlmost certain the finale will be Jesus(Empty) Vessel Jack showdown with Chuck.
Ah, thanks.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Amazing season finale. The last 10 mins sets up so much damn fun for the final arc of the Winchester gang. I hope they go wayyyyy back in the lore for the OG fans bring some of the classics. Not sure what to make of Chuck given what he did this episode but I love the theories people have been posting.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will reserve judgment until next year. Chucks character didn't make much sense to me. I guess at least they didn't kill Sam or dean again and resurrect him in the first or second episode...

Glad next season is the last, but hopefully they don't screw the whole story of the show by retconning Chuck.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
They may have ruined a decade of this show by retconning Chuck. That better not had been Chuck.

If it is Chuck, man they should had ended this show with Season 11. Perfect ending. Whoever is writing this show right now completely misread who Chuck was if this isn't an imposter. Or they are just going for twists for the sake of twists which is the worst type of writing.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The only issue I have with it being actual Chuck instead of an imposter or the Antichrist is that despite season 11 feeling like the big fina FINAL boss type of deal with Amara, the Jack build up and story leading here has insofar been on the level of the original story arc leading to the apocalypse. Angels falling from heaven and heaven being in disarray lead to nowhere and was just a poor excuse to nerf their powers, Amara and everything leading to Amara as well as the succession of King of Hell was all just there, but the Jack story has been built up in 3 seasons with a proper line of sight, little to no hiccups and was actually enjoyable. I had to look things up to even remember that Season 12 and 13 were even separate seasons and that this journey has gone on so long, which for me is a good thing. 3 seasons of jack leading to The Empty and the potential of a being that could control all the Angels and Demons that have died would have made a great series finale, throwing in a proper apocalypse is also excellent, but Chuck going evil as well? Yeah I'm gonna draw the line there as well, maybe. I still think its not Chuck, or thst Chuck was actually evil all along and made them think he was god.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I've been waiting for Jesus Christ to make an appearance, and I hope the show runners make it happen. Nice write up Rand a. Thor, next season should be all sorts of awesone.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I was dreading the season ending and the wait for next season in the Fall but after that twist with Chuck I don't even think I care anymore.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
That was a really good finale. It has me excited for Season 15. And I didn't know if I would be.

I actually saved it so that I can watch it again, which I don't normally do.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Whether you liked or disliked the season finale, it sure did a good job at getting people to want to discuss the show again which speaks volumes. Personally I loved it. I still feel there are more twists and turns to come in the final 20 episodes of the show and I really hope they manage to deliver.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Man I was dreading the season ending and the wait for next season in the Fall but after that twist with Chuck I don't even think I care anymore.

wow really? amazing how polarizing this is. I for one welcome turning the entire series on its head. It's gotten way too formulaic years ago. Everyone figured Jack would be big bad for the final season.