• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
How was this week's episode? It seems I may not be able to watch it.

I caught up to this week today, by watching the last three episodes. The first couple were alright, and the Halloween one was good fun. I also had this week's saved, via KTLA, but the fire and shooting news took its place as a special broadcast.

The CW's site seems to be glitched, and they probably won't let me watch it there because I'm in Canada and a lot of American networks lock their content regionally. And Space, here in Canada, wants me to sign in but we've never been given a login for our satellite.

Any ideas?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I've been a fan of Supernatural since S1E1 came out. Long may it continue.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
You know what was this episode's biggest strenght ?
It didn't spoiled the villain in the "previously on supernatural" =P
That was one of the first episodes to do this that had a previously featured entity in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Also the wtf the djinn did when read Dean's mind was one of the first "wait wut" the series gave me in a long time
(i secretly think michael is just sleeping inside dean and that is what he saw)

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not feeling the episodes this year around, the plots are just a bit boring.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You know what? I ship MaryxBobby. Its basically fanficition at this point, but the good kind. Show has slightly been picking up, MotW eps are still strong as hell, but when they go for the main plot it just unravels completely. Hopefully by the end of the season they go full Men of Letters and reestablish it, but this time as a Hunter International gig.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Yeah what they're doing with the alternate universe folk isn't working at all. Everything revolves around a group of people nobody gives a shit about.
Everything feels disjointed and half-assed because there are too many characters. Michael is still a "menacing presence" a full season later.
Viewers have noticed and ratings have already started crumbling.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Great episode. Definitely had an old school monster of the week feel and I was legitimately wondering what the monster was. The Michael boost to Djinn was interesting as well. Nice callbacks to the season 8 cartoon physics episode and the season 2 Djinn episode too.

My biggest complaint with the alt characters started to be addressed this week as well by giving Alt-Bobby his own story. I still hope they go further down a different route with him later in the season though. I'd like to see Jim Beaver as an antagonist which never would have been possible with OG Bobby but they could absolutely do with Alt-Bobby.

So yeah, very solid episode. Old school MotW episode with some nice character interactions.

Very curious to see what caused the Djinn to react to Dean's nightmares the way he did.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, i really hope supernatural have at least 20 seasions.

I know that some eps are shit, but i really love the series haha

The last ep was so good, a very cool take on halloween

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah what they're doing with the alternate universe folk isn't working at all. Everything revolves around a group of people nobody gives a shit about.
Everything feels disjointed and half-assed because there are too many characters. Michael is still a "menacing presence" a full season later.
Viewers have noticed and ratings have already started crumbling.

I don't know why you continue to watch if you dislike it. All you ever do is complain about the show at this point. And now it's reached a point where you're making up lies about the ratings "crumbling" to push an agenda.

It's still the third biggest show on The CW behind The Flash and Riverdale, as it has been before. Stop.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He guys......

* exits and pours salt around the thread*

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't know why you continue to watch if you dislike it. All you ever do is complain about the show at this point. And now it's reached a point where you're making up lies about the ratings "crumbling" to push an agenda.

It's still the third biggest show on The CW behind The Flash and Riverdale, as it has been before. Stop.

Sure, let's act like people can just "quit" after watching a show an investing time in its fandom for over 12 years. People do it all the time, plenty of examples to pick from I'm sure right ?

About the ratings, feel free to point out previous seasons where the show lost that much on the demo in just 5 episodes. SPN's greatest quality was always its stability, especially until midseason.

I have refrained from commenting on yours posts and the fact that you seem to like absolutely everything, since our points of views are so different. However I like reading posts from all kinds of fans. If you don't like mine, feel free to put me on ignore.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's not what it used to be, and I agree that the alternate dimension stuff last year looked cheap and was boring, and was also kind of a cheap excuse to bring Bobby back. It still has some rather good episodes though, but those are usually one offs or monster of the week. The mythos stuff can get boring.

It'll always be worth watching for Jensen Ackles, who's so great in this show. Though it has grown long in the tooth in a lot of ways.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Sure, let's act like people can just "quit" after watching a show an investing time in its fandom for over 12 years. People do it all the time, plenty of examples to pick from I'm sure right ?

About the ratings, feel free to point out previous seasons where the show lost that much on the demo in just 5 episodes. SPN's greatest quality was always its stability, especially until midseason.

I have refrained from commenting on yours posts and the fact that you seem to like absolutely everything, since our points of views are so different. However I like reading posts from all kinds of fans. If you don't like mine, feel free to put me on ignore.

I hate lots of things. I just don't go into their OTs to complain about them.

You can absolutely dislike the show and keep watching. But you tried to push an agenda with a factually incorrect idea that the ratings are "crumbling" (a hyperbolic exaggeration) so I replied to that.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I hate lots of things. I just don't go into their OTs to complain about them.

You can absolutely dislike the show and keep watching. But you tried to push an agenda with a factually incorrect idea that the ratings are "crumbling" (a hyperbolic exaggeration) so I replied to that.

Me neither. Only SPN gets that treatment. Kinda feel like I earned it after so many years. I wish the show would get better though. If every episode could be like the fourth I'd be a happy camper.

Push what agenda, that the show should end at some point ? Come on, it hasn't been an outlandish claim for half a decade. People have even been pushing that since season 6. I've always wanted the show to end on a high note but I'm losing hope that it ever will. Not with those writers and their "priorities".

I don't know what you would call falling from 0.5 to 0.3 in five weeks, but it ain't pretty. We'll see what happens in the coming months but if those numbers stick, the show will be far from the lock for renewal it has been since season 8.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's hard to know what to think about Supernatural's ratings, on one hand, the live views are the lowest they've ever been for Supernatural, the previous lowest being all the way back in season 7. On the other hand, pretty much every CW show has lower ratings this year, and Supernatural is still the second most viewed scripted series on the network, beating every other series except The Flash.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's hard to know what to think about Supernatural's ratings, on one hand, the live views are the lowest they've ever been for Supernatural, the previous lowest being all the way back in season 7. On the other hand, pretty much every CW show has lower ratings this year, and Supernatural is still the second most viewed scripted series on the network, beating every other series except The Flash.

Yep. It's still popular, the fan base is still very devoted and the landscape have changed.

People watch online and they also wait until the season is over -- hence The CW's deal with Netflix where seasons go up only a couple weeks after they end.

The show is doing just fine.

Oct 25, 2017

While not 12 years I haven't bothered with the latest The Flash or Arrow seasons. Not sure if TWD is on again but I stopped midway of the previous season . Same with The 100 . When a show begins to make it a chore to get through every goddamn episode I drop it. I watch for enjoyment I don't wanna sit there thinking "How much longer till it's over?" I prefer "Holy shit how much longer till the next episode?!" . That's just me tho

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
While not 12 years I haven't bothered with the latest The Flash or Arrow seasons. Not sure if TWD is on again but I stopped midway of the previous season . Same with The 100 . When a show begins to make it a chore to get through every goddamn episode I drop it. I watch for enjoyment I don't wanna sit there thinking "How much longer till it's over?" I prefer "Holy shit how much longer till the next episode?!" . That's just me tho

I drop shows all the time, Supernatural is actually the last one I'm watching that's not on cable. And I'm seeing this thing through the end.

Isn't CW tied into the ridiculously overpriced Supernatural convention circuit too?

US conventions are paying to use the show's name, yes. Wonder how much they make from it, it's a pretty secretive business

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

CW blacks out most streaming live services. The only way to watch if you don't have traditional cable or antenna, is the CW app.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
After the end of Season 5, and after the death of Yellow Eyes, the only reason to watch this show is if you like it. Also, that's why I watch it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I have a feeling that I was right and Micheal is still totally in Dean, hiding like Not!Zeke did in Sam.
Well yeah,why else would the djinn be surprised when trying to enter his mind. That or something else is hiding in there, and that is the mid season twist. Also forgot to mention, will they try to tie this into Eve and the Alphas? Cause I am trying to wrap my head around how Michael can give all the monsters power ups, which seem o be their true powers awakened, and not have the Mother of All involved somehow.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
"I need to know everything there is to know about sex. Go!"

Jack has his moments to shine. Hahah

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Just started this ep since I'm watching it time-delayed, but just LOL at this week's cold open. Good stuff.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That was a fun ep. Did you know that the cute librarian appeared in Supernatch S10E13 as a completely different character? That was the ep Halt and Catch Fire: To take his mind off of the Mark of Cain, Dean goes hunting. They track down a ghost that is killing college students through electronics and the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Was it just me or was that trash CGI for that Bugman(seriously? Did they run out of ideas...?) that effect seemed like some 90s level Goosebumps shit lol.

I like how they did a multi monster of the week, threw us off thinking it was one thing but it was another :p. They did that a few times throughout the history of this show right?

Don't necromancers only really bring people back from the dead? What's with her saying she's from a long line of necromancers and she can only raise people from the dead lol?

I do like how they're making Jack innocent like Castiel first was just even more innocent heh.

I have a feeling that I was right and Micheal is still totally in Dean, hiding like Not!Zeke did in Sam.

Wouldn't Castiel know tho? I'm sure he can sense Angelic beings. Also you know how Angels can see another Angels true form? Do we have any information on whether that's the case if an Angel is laying dormant in a person?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
That was a fun ep. Did you know that the cute librarian appeared in Supernatch S10E13 as a completely different character? That was the ep Halt and Catch Fire: To take his mind off of the Mark of Cain, Dean goes hunting. They track down a ghost that is killing college students through electronics and the internet.
I definitely didn't know that. And man, she was definitely cute as hell.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Don't necromancers only really bring people back from the dead? What's with her saying she's from a long line of necromancers and she can only raise people from the dead lol?
That was a little odd, but necromancy has also been used to do things like commune and summon ghosts, resurrect people (not just zombify them), stop aging, and a few little other things.

But yeah, I found that to be a weird thing to say. It sounded like "I'm a necromancer, but all I can do is necromancy." lol

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
If you slow it down, you can see the exact moment Dean's heart broke after being called "Old man".

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If you slow it down, you can the exact moment Dean hearts broke after being called "Old man".
But I mean was jack wrong? Jack is officially the hot sextoy the sexy monsters can play with, who the hell is gonna hit up on Dean anymore? Shit, even the waitress was all screw courting, just ravish me already. I can't believe I uttered that sentence, but thats where we at right now.
Anyway, I loved the sexual tension this episode. If they kill off jack, I will hate em forever. The b-plot was nice, I liked Sak and Chrlie bouncing off each other, but it was nothing special. The bug people were wtf, no idea what that was about.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I think I know what I don't like anymore, even when they do new monsters, it is more humanoid stuff, compared to what Legacies showed this week. That was basically the same thing, but they showed it a lot more scary.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Sam "encouraging" Charlie to keep hunting is in direct contradiction to how Sam and Dean have always acted towards this job. The AU people were never hunters, they were just trying to survive in an extremely hostile world. They have zero obligation to stay in this life especially if they downright say they don't want to. The morality or lack thereof from Sam in this scene is all kinds of fucked up.

NewCharlie was written much better than NewBobby, for what it's worth. The Jack/Dean part had some really fun scenes.

On the whole though is season is chugging along at a snail's pace.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kinda weird that they didn't even joked that this version of Charlie's true love is still alive and well and never met a charlie in her life.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That episode was fun as hell. Legitimately laughed out loud a number of times.

And hey, we got a bad guy that wasn't just a human. Fucking fly man. Haha.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The next two episodes:

"Unhuman Nature" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
CARPE DIEM - Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) track down a Shaman (guest star Dimitri Vantis), who may be able to help a friend. Nick (Mark Pellegrino) continues to spiral down a dark path as he looks for answers surrounding the deaths of his wife and son. Jack (Alexander Calvert) turns to Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help enjoying the human experience. John Showalter directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1407). Original airdate 11/29/2018.

"Byzantium" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
OUT OF THE DARKNESS - When Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) join forces with an unexpected ally, the outcome will alter the course of two lives. Meanwhile, Heaven faces an attack from a dark force, driving Castiel to make an enormous sacrifice to make things right. The episode was directed by Eduardo Sanchez and written by Meredith Glynn (#1408). Original Airdate 12/6/2018.

"Byzantium" sounds fairly legit. Very vague descriptions. Regarding the spoiler tagged: the only "enormous sacrifice" I can think of for Cas is that he gives up his grace permanently to save Heaven. I feel like it's time to finally do that for real. They keep having to make Cas weak to fit the plot. Just make him human permanently. It opens up new possibilities for the character and allows his personality to grow again.

MasterVampire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh come on you can't atfack heaven it's like in another dimension and living beings can't be there. And you'd think it would be suicide due to the angels and I'm sure heaven isn't advertising they are running low on angels.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
The old girl has reached a new milestone

QCQE9ru.jpg

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I only watched the premiere and wasn't feeling it. Did the season get better? This is the first time since I started watching it that I really haven't cared about a season.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I only watched the premiere and wasn't feeling it. Did the season get better? This is the first time since I started watching it that I really haven't cared about a season.

Yes. The premiere was disappointing. The second episode is better and has a bit of a twist on the Michael situation. But the episodes since then have been pretty damn good.