• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but feel like Jack is the most interesting thing to have happened to this show in a while.
This seasons overarching plot of "stop michael" is hopefully wrapped up by the mid season finale in favor of something else because it's not particularly interesting so far.
Hopefully this will all lead back to the empty or something.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I really enjoyed episode 2, but episode 3 was just insanely cheesy. Like, yeah, SPN is pretty cheesy normally, but this wasn't the pleasent kind of cheese. The whole concept of the Kaia storyline bothered the fuck out of me, I don't understand why SPN is obsessed with introducing characters with god-like strenght and then depowering them almost immediately when the first obstacle hits.
I'll forgive them if Michael is playing tricks and he's hiding inside Dean like Gadreel, though Cass WAS able to sense Gadreel, so he probably should sense Michael too. So, I'm inclined to believe that, yes, one of the most powerful beings in the world, an archangel, was in fact defeated by a plastic looking fork, despite the fact that he could literally snap his fingers and disintegrate Kaia at will, but no, instead, he decided to hand to hand, lmao. God damn it SPN.

On top of that, what is Castiel even anymore? He's like, the world's most useless celestial being.

I also wonder if they got a new stunt coordinator or something, because the fight scenes in these 3 episodes so far have been extremely bad. Again, SPN was never quite known for its superb fight scenes but this is a new level of bad.

Here's hoping for a jump in quality for next week.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did the budget take a big hit this season?

Everything looks... cheaper. Mostly the fight scenes, but even the cinematography.

I think this is the first season that I'm 3 eps in, and still nothing interests me.

We still don't even really know why Alt. Michael is "evil". This world's Michael was... misguided, but not evil nor hating humans. Alt. Michael is pretty much just rehashing Lucifer, minus any quippiness. That was the case last season, too, but with the Alt. World changing some circumstances, I forgave it.

Also, I just realized Jensen Ackles is now older than JDM was back in Season 1.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with this season, really. It feels pretty listless, too. Just sort of going through the motions of being a show.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Which is why I was so happy to see this

...just to discover that is a photoshop and he is holdin an axe in the official pics =(

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
lmao what. I saw the magic circle from Cardcaptor Sakura and I went what the fuck they didn't just rip that straight up. Took another look at first picture and I guess that's exactly what they're going for. Wrong staff-magic circle combination tho

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Evil Kiya's world is way more interesting. Go back there. I wanna know what's going on there.

I forgot, that wasn't the "bad place right?

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I had completely missed that this had started again. I used to watch this with my now ex for almost 5 years, it feels weird having to potentially watch this season alone :(

Is the new season worthwhile so far?

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or are these fight scenes getting worse and worse? They kept cutting between the fights every second and barely gave you time to soak in what's happening to the character before being thrusted into another fight. Like let us witness what's happening to that character for a little bit instead of switching constantly pls. Pretty good episode, neat to see a weapon other than the Angel Blade or Archangel Blade that can hurt an Angel. I wonder what Michael's endgame is...why make juiced up monsters?

Evil Kiya's world is way more interesting. Go back there. I wanna know what's going on there.

I forgot, that wasn't the "bad place right?

I'm pretty sure it was. Evil Kiya and druggie Kiya shared a sort of bond. According to Evil Kiya she could see and hear whatever Druggie Kiya saw and heard. Might explain why she ever only went to "The Bad Place"

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I love the idea that Dean doesn't get out of bed for anything less than Panthro & Thundercats.

And that Red Hood costume. Damn you, WB.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm excited to watch the Halloween episode, but am now two behind after only watching the premiere. I just haven't been in the mood for more of this Dean as Michael thing.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
What a fun episode. I think ghosts are a really good returning monster to fight, because you can do so much with them. Anyway, that was a great Halloween episode.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I kept raising my eyebrow saying wtf this is so cheesy ugh what happened.

And then I realized that was the point and was ashamed

Edit:

Re: Sam and Femsam: I ship it

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The throwbacks to season 2 with the Hell Hazers poster and Hell Hazers 3 were amazing. What a fun episode.

The way they did the Hatchet Man movie trailer was exactly like how they did the Hell Hazers II trailer in the season 2 episode as well.
https://youtu.be/fHSLKu8czqg

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I kept raising my eyebrow saying wtf this is so cheesy ugh what happened.

And then I realized that was the point and was ashamed

Edit:

Re: Sam and Femsam: I ship it
The themey episodes sometimes don't do it for me (I con't care if it's purposeful, sometimes the cheesiness just doesn't work) but I liked this one.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a fun episode. I think ghosts are a really good returning monster to fight, because you can do so much with them. Anyway, that was a great Halloween episode.

yeah, I don't think there is a single bad ghost episode in the entire series.
Wish there were more :/

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
yeah, I don't think there is a single bad ghost episode in the entire series.
Wish there were more :/
Well, there's the racist truck, but we don't talk about that episode. :P

But yeah, I agree. Ghosts work well, too, because the boys can physically fight them, and even bar them off, but they can come back until the mystery is solved and the body/object is burned, and it's always fun to see them unravel a mystery.

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they have to go and reference Fortnite? Why or why must I constantly suffer at the hands of that games existence.

I liked the character twins lmao that was golden. They also did a stellar job with the switching from the movie to real life with the scenes playing out almost identically with just a slight change here and there.

Great fun filler episode

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The last scene with the costume ideas I can already see every single one being fanarted as the episode was being broadcasted

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this was the first episode I enjoyed this season, but I really really enjoyed it

I loved the side by side of alternating sequences of Hatchet Man stalking the girl in the movie, and the comic store guy IRL.

thought that ghost Hatchet Man pushing his own button to talk was really funny, nice touch

lol at Dean throwing those pillow-light objects at Hatchet Man, that was a good trope callback

I love eps like this :)

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Finally a good episode. Kinda felt old-school, and these always work for me because they use the show's core strenghts, its two leads.

I'm expecting a return to the usual mediocrity as soon as we get back to the ensemble show version of Supernatural.

Oct 20, 2018
This season has felt off, and I was surprised that no one died for this Halloween episode. Still enjoyable though!