• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
Mark Pelligrino tweeted awhile back about "Nephilim Grace" in response to a question, so, yeah, between Jack's suped-up grace and the lingering traces of Lucifer's grace in Nick, it might've been enough to trigger a resurrection. Plus, Crowley mentioned spells and other "reinforcements" to Nick so that he could become Lucifer's permanent vessel without exploding back in S12, so god only knows what sort of power or other weird crap is going on with Nick's body (and even if Chuck knows, he sure doesn't give a damn, he's too "busy" grilling burgers on Mars or playing mini-golf in the Andromeda galaxy or whatever with Amara to care).

Oct 25, 2017
I adored that episode. It was so fun. Jack is adorable and he better not die
I blame you for this. Your post manifested this!

Interesting that they're doing the human vessel misses his demon thing again. I forgot what season but we had that happen before where the guy missed the demon that possessed him. And he wasn't possessed nearly as long as Nick was by Lucifer. Makes sense that Nick would grow a sort of attachment to him and all the fucked up shit Lucifer did.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What a great episode. The Jack and Dean stuff was adorable, Rowena is always nice to see, the shaman was a very interesting new character and the Nick stuff was so much more interesting than I thought it would be.

I mean, if you want to know why they tried to find a way to keep Pellegrino around, look no further than this. What a freaking actor. And I'm honestly very curious what they do with Lucifer if he gets out of the Empty -- assuming that was Lucifer. A certain other beloved character also had red eyes. Just saying.

It's funny that the thing I've been most frustrated with in Supernatural since the beginning of season 7 (introducing a huge change for a character only to have it reverted after 2-3 episodes) actually worked in the show's favor this year. The first two episodes this season were shaky but it's been great since Michael left Dean.

Also, there are two episodes left in the first half of the season and they have announced the return of a character for the mid-season finale.

Some of you might find this to be a legitimate spoiler despite it being in the synopsis. You've been warned.

Garth.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Well I won't be bringing the mood down in this thread for much longer. That umpteenth resurrection was the last straw for me.

I can't keep watching this. I'll stick around until Lucifer's officially back then I'm out.

13 years in the fandom and I don't even have it in me to make it to the end. Thanks writers.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Micheal is 100% still in Dean.

JACK
BETTER
NOT
DIE

Lucy had a good run, the only way I'd be cool with him coming back is a TRUE redemption story IE giving his grace to save Jack.

Cas and Dean cannot lose their baby boy omg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Micheal is 100% still in Dean.

JACK
BETTER
NOT
DIE

Lucy had a good run, the only way I'd be cool with him coming back is a TRUE redemption story IE giving his grace to save Jack.

Cas and Dean cannot lose their baby boy omg
Oh definitely. The dizzy spell felt like it was being paralleled with Lucifer's Rising inside Nick.

I was generally impressed with this episode. The guys confirming their feelings as Jack's fathers, Nick's off the resevoir attitude due to the lingering remains of Lucifer, and the MotW not being an actual monster, but the loss of a family member. It was brimming with emotion, good acting, and an amazing ending with the Terminator Esque lucifer revival.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Oh definitely. The dizzy spell felt like it was being paralleled with Lucifer's Rising inside Nick.

I was generally impressed with this episode. The guys confirming their feelings as Jack's fathers, Nick's off the resevoir attitude due to the lingering remains of Lucifer, and the MotW not being an actual monster, but the loss of a family member. It was brimming with emotion, good acting, and an amazing ending with the Terminator Esque lucifer revival.
To me the dizzy spells almost seemed like Micheal was gathering information. The shaman being a problem solver, and he is afraid of Jack.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
This actress who plays Duma hopefully always plays the physical form of The Empty. She is creepy & insane in the best ways.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope next season is the last. I can't see how they can top nothingness.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Now I can't even access The CW's website because I'm in Canada and it's attempting to protect itself from cyber attacks?

Still trying to find that episode I missed due to the fire coverage, without getting a virus with it. I don't download media. I have the other episodes recorded, but haven't watched them yet.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well I won't be bringing the mood down in this thread for much longer. That umpteenth resurrection was the last straw for me.

I can't keep watching this. I'll stick around until Lucifer's officially back then I'm out.

13 years in the fandom and I don't even have it in me to make it to the end. Thanks writers.
I lurk here occasionally to see that people think and I just want you to know that felt your pain once. Then I quit watching, and honestly? It's better this way. No more expecting it to be better when it's constantly getting worse. When every new episode is a drag, why continue consuming them?

Believe me, I know it's hard to turn away after this long. But give it some real consideration. You'll probably feel better dropping it and possibly catching up binge style when it's all done if you still feel like you need to finish it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I lurk here occasionally to see that people think and I just want you to know that felt your pain once. Then I quit watching, and honestly? It's better this way. No more expecting it to be better when it's constantly getting worse. When every new episode is a drag, why continue consuming them?

Believe me, I know it's hard to turn away after this long. But give it some real consideration. You'll probably feel better dropping it and possibly catching up binge style when it's all done if you still feel like you need to finish it.

Thank you for this.

I actually just stopped doing SPN-related things I had been doing and I already feel much better (I had been making french subtitles for the episodes for eight years. Dedicating hours a week to episodes I hated was like torture). The next step is to stop watching live. The winter hiatus is coming soon so it will make things easier.

It does feel weird because very few shows can compare in terms of lenght and it was a big part of my life at some point (my son's second and third names are actually Sam and Dean lol), but right now I mostly feel liberated.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope next season is the last. I can't see how they can top nothingness.
As much as I love and enjoy it still, 11 should have been the end.
God and Darkness climax I just can't see ever being topped,
Metatron who had been unlikeable for a long while had a tad bit of redemption,
Even Lucifer seemed like he had some potential of change/development towards the end there before it was thrown away.

Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So tie big bad is the empty with Michael still hanging out in the shadows?

I don't know, I'm just not feeling this season so far.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love and enjoy it still, 11 should have been the end.
God and Darkness climax I just can't see ever being topped,
Metatron who had been unlikeable for a long while had a tad bit of redemption,
Even Lucifer seemed like he had some potential of change/development towards the end there before it was thrown away.
The empty has topped God and Amara for me.

The simple idea of it fascinates me. Maybe they killed it and all of the demons and angels in the empty get loose for season 15 and they end it there.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Another great episode. The Empty could end up being the first truly frightening Big Bad since S5 Lucifer. The actress that plays Duma was so good in the role.

Very curious to see what brings Garth back into the picture next week.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Holy shit.

Casting news for the 300th episode. I wish they didn't announce it because it would've been amazing left as a surprise, so I'm going to put it in spoilers just in case anyone here doesn't want to know.
John Winchester finally returning, last seen 12 seasons ago, at the end of season 2. Whether this will be the real John, or a hallucination/dream/memory of him, who knows. Still cool either way.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/supern...nchester-role-in-upcoming-episode-1202518876/

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Right now the Empty has potential. An amorphous mass that can possess angels and I assume demons as well is an interesting premise. I can also see them using it to revive dead angels or demons as well, by possessing their soul. I wonder how Death is gonna deal with i as we.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Holy shit.

Casting news for the 300th episode. I wish they didn't announce it because it would've been amazing left as a surprise, so I'm going to put it in spoilers just in case anyone here doesn't want to know.
John Winchester finally returning, last seen 12 seasons ago, at the end of season 2. Whether this will be the real John, or a hallucination/dream/memory of him, who knows. Still cool either way.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/supern...nchester-role-in-upcoming-episode-1202518876/
I just saw this on twitter. So happy. I've been wanting this for a decade

Oct 25, 2017
What? Leave the door open? What he left enough of his grace to just get back in or something, idgi...
Also why do they always wait for the monster to turn around and look at them before decapitation, is it some sick thrill they get from staring the monster in the eyes before offing them lol?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Solid mid-season finale though I was hoping for more from the whole "Michael leaves Dean" thing. I enjoyed Jensen's Michael at the end of this episode more than I did earlier in the season though.

The Michael stuff has been the disappointing aspect of the season while the rest of it has been very good.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So was I wrong in thinking,

When Nick is seen asking for Lucifer back and we see that being appear in the black goo and then it's eyes light up red, I thought that this was Lucifer being "reborn" so to speak because Nick was literally praying to him and giving him the power to come back.

Then this week the black goo figure turned out to be the emptyness that Castiel ran into when he died? I hope I am wrong, I really want Lucifer to come back and for Mark Pelligrino to keep playing him on the show because really he's the best baddie/actor they have, especially since Mark Sheppard left the show (wish he'd come back too damnit, he was so fun paired with Cas).

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So was I wrong in thinking,

When Nick is seen asking for Lucifer back and we see that being appear in the black goo and then it's eyes light up red, I thought that this was Lucifer being "reborn" so to speak because Nick was literally praying to him and giving him the power to come back.

Then this week the black goo figure turned out to be the emptyness that Castiel ran into when he died? I hope I am wrong, I really want Lucifer to come back and for Mark Pelligrino to keep playing him on the show because really he's the best baddie/actor they have, especially since Mark Sheppard left the show (wish he'd come back too damnit, he was so fun paired with Cas).
You were right the first time, yeah. The figure with the red eyes was Lucifer in the Empty, like how Cas woke up in the Empty at the start of season 13.

The thing we saw a couple episodes ago was the the Empty itself, or the ruler of the Empty, if you will, who took the form of Cas with weird accent at the start of season 13.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am so behind on this show, do they still fight monsters?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I feel like there might be some time travel involved here but I hope that's not the case for John.

After all this time, I need to see what happened to his spirit after the season 2 finale.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I have a lot to catchup, last thing I can remember is Kevin dying

Oh, yeah, that's probably the second worst season of the series. Completely botched the falling angels plot. Season 10 is better (and has the amazing "Fan Fiction" episode) and season 11 is one of the best in the series and ties back to some of the season 4/5 stuff.

Some people here were mixed on seasons 12 and 13 but I thought they were great, especially 12.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, that's probably the second worst season of the series. Completely botched the falling angels plot. Season 10 is better (and has the amazing "Fan Fiction" episode) and season 11 is one of the best in the series and ties back to some of the season 4/5 stuff.

Some people here were mixed on seasons 12 and 13 but I thought they were great, especially 12.
I caught the Ghost Facer breakup ep on TNT the other day, it was super sad