• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Great character.

I just hope all these returns are only for episode 13. The show can't even manage all the characters it has right now.

I very much doubt either of these are permanent, especially JDM.

Though this is where you and I disagree quite a bit. I think part of the way the show has remained fresh is by focusing a bit more on the larger cast than in previous seasons.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I very much doubt either of these are permanent, especially JDM.

Though this is where you and I disagree quite a bit. I think part of the way the show has remained fresh is by focusing a bit more on the larger cast than in previous seasons.

I'm not really talking about the fact that "Supernatural The Ensemble Show" is a problem. I've come to accept that's how things are now.

I actually watch a bunch of ensemble shows, and a good ensemble cast is one where all characters get balanced share of screen time and development. Supernatural fails at this horribly this season. Bobby/Mary have been gone for ages (which is utterly ridiculous considering the importance of what's happening), the Alternate Universe people have simply vanished from the bunker, Ketch has appeared once on a computer screen, and so on.

Since episode 6 the show has chosen to bring focus back to the main cast, which is obviously fine by me, but the writers seem to have forgotten that there are other characters in their vicinity that they put there themselves. So their solution to that is just to pretend they're not here anymore, most of the time without bothering to give an explanation. It makes it all feels very amateurish.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
14x11 press release.

Michael's out of Dean after a single episode.

Like I said before, the only thing the writers give a crap about are their cliffhangers. Expecting them to stick to their guns after ? You're SOL.

What is the fucking point of getting invested in what's happening when the show's going to hit reverse right after ?

I think I might just piss off after episode 13 at this point. Literally nothing about this season's main plot makes any sense. It's absolutely shocking how little has happened so far.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but I haven't seen a single episode of this season. And I've been watching regularly every year since episode number one, but for some reason I just didn't bother to watch the premier for S13 and I never made the effort to catch up.

Has it been a good season? I'll binge it "Netflix Style" when it's done because I'd like to see where it goes and I'm invested now, but I must admit it's been kind of nice to take a break from Supernatural too.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I hate to say it, but I haven't seen a single episode of this season. And I've been watching regularly every year since episode number one, but for some reason I just didn't bother to watch the premier for S13 and I never made the effort to catch up.

Has it been a good season? I'll binge it "Netflix Style" when it's done because I'd like to see where it goes and I'm invested now, but I must admit it's been kind of nice to take a break from Supernatural too.

It's been a good season. The Michael stuff has actually been the weakest part but it hasn't taken up too much, to be honest. It's disappointing but the majority of episodes on their own since the premiere have been good.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

You haven't missed much. We still enjoy the show, it's one of the rare ones we like to see asap, and I'm sure we're in it until the end, but that said it hasn't been a great season. Very forgettable. If you were sort of done with it before, I can't really recommend jumping back in.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You haven't missed much. We still enjoy the show, it's one of the rare ones we like to see asap, and I'm sure we're in it until the end, but that said it hasn't been a great season. Very forgettable. If you were sort of done with it before, I can't really recommend jumping back in.

tbh I think this is the worst season since 7. there's really been nothing to differentiate Alt. Michael from Lucifer, they could have done this exact story with Lucifer instead of Michael. no backstory as to why Alt. Michael hates humans and wants to eliminate them, nothing. he's just an evil archangel because. (whereas in S5, there was little to suggest that he loathed humans, he just felt duty-bound to fight Lucifer, he was misguided but not evil... if he were actually evil then he would have spent the previous thousands of years killing humans)

edit: i guess the only thing they couldn't do with Lucifer is possess Dean, so that's why Michael

so we're getting like a 3rd season in a row of fighting an evil archangel. and on top of that the production values seem to have taken a hit (specifically the fight scenes, which have felt/looked significantly worse this season somehow)

I still watch because it's Supernatural, and I will always like the cast, but some of the episodes this season really made me cringe im a "glad I didn't ask anyone to watch this with me" way

I'm hoping the focus will switch to The Empty when later

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Newer article, including the upcoming covers.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/16/supernatural-ew-cover-300-episodes/

sn_2872389238921332.jpg

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nope, can't deal with it. They are gonna revert this or end it on a super sad note, this is what the show should be ending on. Still gonna eat this up cause good lord the feels are strong, but it just feeos so cheap.

The brothers dying and they are reunited in heaven with mom and pop and they end the show just fading to black around the dinner table.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Still not sure what to make of this season. There's definitely some highly enjoyable bits, and overall I'd say last night's episode was decent too. But it had a few lame moments that soured the overall experience. I know supernatural has always had a problem with displaying power levels and scale, but the way they captured Michael was eye roll worthy. It was just a terrible way to resolve the great cliffhanger of the half season. Then there was the last moment teleport away and the way Dean just conveniently locked Michael away... there's only so much deus ex machina you can fit in one episode. I mean sure one could argue that each of these moments "made sense" but the show has become so liberal with what's possible and what's not in a given moment that things are starting to feel a bit weightless.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Hoo Boy. That went from 0 to 100 real quick. If Michael is right and each universe is just Chuck trying over and over again, the implications are huge. Makes me think I was right last year, that the Empty and the Angel/Demon afterlife is indeed just one plane compared to the multiverse, and that the Empty is likely 2nd to God and The Darkness, which would retroactively put even Death and the other Horsemen way farther down the food chain then first thought. If I'm right, then things definitely are back to interesting instead of, really, michael again?
Ah shit they just Doctor Strange'd this plot, I'm loving it. The way its being hidden I doubt its a Dean commits suicide ending. Really happy with this episode, things are back on track.

Last edited:

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hoo Boy. That went from 0 to 100 real quick. If Michael is right and each universe is just Chuck trying over and over again, the implications are huge. Makes me think I was right last year, that the Empty and the Angel/Demon afterlife is indeed just one plane compared to the multiverse, and that the Empty is likely 2nd to God and The Darkness, which would retroactively put even Death and the other Horsemen way farther down the food chain then first thought. If I'm right, then things definitely are back to interesting instead of, really, michael again?
Ah shit they just Doctor Strange'd this plot, I'm loving it. The way its being hidden I doubt its a Dean commits suicide ending. Really happy with this episode, things are back on track.
The Empty said that God has no authority in his realm, so make of that what you will. I'm guessing he's older than God.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Empty said that God has no authority in his realm, so make of that what you will. I'm guessing he's older than God.
Yeah, I'm just saying its likely up there in power, omnipotent without other copies existing. Which does beg the question, wouldn't that also mean the Leviathans are up there beyond the multiverse? How do we know they actually killed them all.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, I'm just saying its likely up there in power, omnipotent without other copies existing. Which does beg the question, wouldn't that also mean the Leviathans are up there beyond the multiverse? How do we know they actually killed them all.
The Leviathans were the series' lowest point. I don't think they've ever been mentioned again, and it's best not to think about them.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Did they even kill all the Leviathans? Did killing Dick also kill the rest of them?
Coincidentally, just a couple of days ago Andrew Dabb said in an Entertainment Weekly interview that there are still Leviathan out there, but "we don't talk about that."

So, basically, yeah, still Leviathan running around, but they're ignoring it because the Leviathan weren't so great and they wanted to move on.

Interview:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/01/16/supernatural-ew-cover-300-episodes/amp/

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What an episode, after the slightly disappointing mid-season finale. I got season 4/5 vibes at certain points, especially the final scene. Dean in a Henley with a legitimately surprising cliffhanger.

Seeing (the apparently ageless) Pamela again was a blast and I honestly have no idea what Dean could have read in that book. Lots of references to previous seasons that worked well in the episode's plot.

I also liked that they explained the whole "Michael left a door open" plot hole from the mid-season finale. That annoyed the hell out of me as it went against angel canon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Coincidentally, just a couple of days ago Andrew Dabb said in an Entertainment Weekly interview that there are still Leviathan out there, but "we don't talk about that."

So, basically, yeah, still Leviathan running around, but they're ignoring it because the Leviathan weren't so great and they wanted to move on.

Interview:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/01/16/supernatural-ew-cover-300-episodes/amp/
That was a fun read. The show being a risk taker at the start so thst it could survive but then evolved after Season 5 into an anything goes free for all in terms of plot, character development, and lore is definitely felt, but like they say, its okay. I really haven't cared much if the show had a few bumps down the road, and I am feeling it this season for the first time in years, Supernatural is Supernatural and I love it anyway.
As for the Leviathan bit, nah man they are definitely going there imo. They name drop them days befire yesterdays very revealing episode of the nature of the multiverse? Just as a what if? I don't buy it. Considering that theu were gods first creations, and he only made them one time, this also would imply that the original universe we have beem watching the show take place in was the original 1st Draft God created, which does make you wonder how in the name of hell was it considered a failure and when did he decide that he should create more. That, or Purgatory is much like The Empty, and its a one and done afterlife for Monsters. There is so much that can be interpreted now that they dropped this piece of info out in the wild, its ridiculous.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
The most recent episode was surprisingly quite solid. I've been more happy with this season so far then last season which I found mostly boring though that Scooby Doo episode was of course pure gold.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Good ep there, except what the hell with Donna letting herself be taken down. She's a cop *and* a hunter, and she turns her back... why??? Ugh. I hate that lazy TV writing and apparently the actors don't stand up against that crap either. He could have quietly got the cuffs off while she was looking at him and then lunged at her when she looked at the screen or something like that.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The ending would have been so much more powerful if we didn't alrady have the "I must sacrafice myself to save everyone" type of storyline several times before, lol. Still... good episode.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
My theory:

Dad shows up in episode 300, somehow Michael is transferred to him, they end up throwing him in the casket and dumping him in the ocean.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Quick question for anyone who can answer it.

Do we know if Castiel was the angel that was charged with snatching Dean from Hell or is he just the first angel that got there?

Because Castiel says Heaven laid siege to Hell. Which implies it was a massive group effort involving alot of Angels. I was just wondering if they were trying to make an opening for Cass to get in or if Cass just happened to be the one that got there.

Does that make sense?