• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Quick question for anyone who can answer it.

Do we know if Castiel was the angel that was charged with snatching Dean from Hell or is he just the first angel that got there?

Because Castiel says Heaven laid siege to Hell. Which implies it was a massive group effort involving alot of Angels. I was just wondering if they were trying to make an opening for Cass to get in or if Cass just happened to be the one that got there.

Does that make sense?
They have played around with the idea that Cass is somehow important or special to God in some way for sure. Like how many angels have we seen killed, and as far as I remember, Cass is the only one God brought back. I don't think your specific question has ever been answered though.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The Empty said that God has no authority in his realm, so make of that what you will. I'm guessing he's older than God.
They love playing around with Bible stuff. It may be that the Empty is the void which was the only "thing" before God started creating which could definitely imply it's older than God.
Show has been renewed for a 15th season. Anyways has anyone watched tonight's episode? How was it?
Just finished it. Kind of boring. Basically a monster of the week. Nothing to do with the season plot (for the most part).

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Just finished this weeks episode and... loved it! Absolutely loved it. Almost felt like an episode from the earlier seasons. Some really good and needed brother moments and just a nice change of pace. Loved this episode, where are all my Supernatural peeps hiding out these days? This season has been better then last season at the very least...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
300 eps is really quite astonishing. That is rarified air. Very few other shows are up there. We have the likes of Law and Order, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Family Guy and Simpsons, Doctor Who, and not much else. Big Bang Theory is close. And of course most of those shows are procedurals, cartoons, or DW swaps the lead actors, and BBT episodes are half the length. Well done, the Winchesters.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
The Empty said that God has no authority in his realm, so make of that what you will. I'm guessing he's older than God.

I haven't been watching this season (will catch up at some point) but God has resurrected angels. So unless he is negotiating with the Empty, seems like he has some power there.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I've been getting a little tired of the "brothers having a brotherly moment after reflecting on whatever case they worked on at the end of the episode" formula, BUT, holy shit, last week's episode.... so perfect. Damn. It really did feel like an episode straight from season 5.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There's a short clip out of the reunion.

I watched it.

This episode is going to fucking break me.

oh man

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Tonight is the 300th episode of Supernatural which will include Jeffrey Dean Morgan! Earlier reviews suggest that it's as awesome as you want it to be. Whose watching? Whose excited?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Tonight is the 300th episode of Supernatural which will include Jeffrey Dean Morgan! Earlier reviews suggest that it's as awesome as you want it to be. Whose watching? Whose excited?

Who's, Who's

;)

I'll be watching. Probably live if I can, though 7 is early for me with my kids. Might have to wait until tomorrow for streaming.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hope the few people left watching this show here on Resetera will post their impressions on tonight's 300th episode as I'm stuck at work until midnight.

Kal117K

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great stuff. Like man, they really know how to make some great tug-at-your-heartstrings sort of stuff.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
We need to talk about Jeffrey Dean Morgan in this episode. I was worried it would be difficult for him to get out of Negan-mode but it's like he never left the role of John Winchester.

The look on his face when he heard Mary's voice might be one of my favorite single moments in the history of Supernatural. My eyes immediately welled up.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Whew. That episode might be my new favorite. The Sam/John talk and the goodbye at the end had me in tears. Hadn't felt this kind of emotion from the show in a long time. When the Winchester family theme kicked in as John was saying his goodbyes...they really have suffered a lot

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Whew. That episode might be my new favorite. The Sam/John talk and the goodbye at the end had me in tears. Hadn't felt this kind of emotion from the show in a long time. When the Winchester family theme kicked in as John was saying his goodbyes...they really have suffered a lot

Jensen often gets most of the acting praise on Supernatural but Jared absolutely knocked it out of the park. This might have been his best episode of the series, which was previously the season 8 finale for me.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
My one complaint is that we still don't know what happened with John's spirit after the season 2 finale because of the time travel aspect. That is what I was most looking forward to with his return.

And I guess it would have been nice to see him out of the bunker and meeting Cas. Though I know he was only on set for two days because of his schedule and that would be a lot for one episode.

But it's minor. JDM came back so I'm not going to complain.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn that episode had me tearing up...the music timing, the fact that Sam forgives his father and only remembers not getting to say goodbye, the overall regret.

John's reaction to hearing Mary's voice, like hit eyes lit up right away ;-; amazing episode. I was not expecting their dad to come back so I'm super glad it wasn't as easy as "we gonna wish Michael away!!!"

Last edited:

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
What an awesome episode. Not sure what to say. Loved every moment in it. I do wish JDM was in it for longer then he was but it still was a fantastic episode. Excuse me, I think I have something in my eye...

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Something has been bothering me about the timeframe. They kept mentioning John from being from 2003 but the show did not air until 2005 and John didn't kill Yellow Eyes until like season 2 (though he mentioned having killed him in the 300th episode). Is this a huge time error or am I missing something? This John would be from about 2 years before the events of the show ever took place...

Anyone want to elaborate if I am misunderstanding something?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Great episode. Everyone was on on fire acting wise holy shit.

But I still want an episode were all of them are out hunting, taking down baddies together.

Also,
that ending in the car with John, they must be setting something up with him remembering stuff, I bet he will change things.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Great episode. Everyone was on on fire acting wise holy shit.

But I still want an episode were all of them are out hunting, taking down baddies together.

Also,
that ending in the car with John, they must be setting something up with him remembering stuff, I bet he will change things.
Andrew Dabb explains the ideas behind the ending here:
"I think it would create some problems for us, time travel-wise, if he remembered everything," co-showrunner Andrew Dabb tells TVLine. "He thinks it is a dream. And it didn't change him, it didn't change our history, but I would like to think it did, for maybe just a small amount of time, soften him toward Sam [and] Dean. The John we see in Season 1 is very much not the John we've talked about who existed before Sam went away. That John was much more hard-edged… And I would like to think that, possibly, this dream, this experience that happened, marks that turning point."

I'm glad this clears up that he doesn't remember everything (if he did, he'd know too much even if he did think it was a dream), and the idea that the events of the 300th episode might be the reason season 1 John is softer to Sam and Dean compared to what we hear about John pre-season 1 is kinda cool.

Source:
https://tvline.com/2019/02/07/supernatural-recap-season-14-episode-300-john-remembers-dream/

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Something has been bothering me about the timeframe. They kept mentioning John from being from 2003 but the show did not air until 2005 and John didn't kill Yellow Eyes until like season 2 (though he mentioned having killed him in the 300th episode). Is this a huge time error or am I missing something? This John would be from about 2 years before the events of the show ever took place...

Sam and Dean told him everything that had happened when they sat down at the table after he first appeared. We don't see it, obviously, because that would take up the whole episode.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

This would be John before the show aired. He never said he killed yellow eyes, they told him he did and he then later said that was the ultimate goal despite dieing to do it. Or something along those lines.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
But why bring back a version of John from the past and not the version with the most recent knowledge leading up to his death? Weird...

Oct 25, 2017
But why bring back a version of John from the past and not the version with the most recent knowledge leading up to his death? Weird...
Probably the time Dean felt most connected to him? Sam had that big fight and left to university or whatever so it was just Dean and his dad for that time.

I want to know what happened with our John goddammit! The one that crawled out of Hell. Is he just a ghost roaming? Did he somehow go to Heaven?
Hx04s0H.gif

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
great ep, but now I'm bummed because now they will definitely never actually bring his spirit back from the dead. That seemed like a final goodbye. Cool time travel idea, but why make it so final? He should've been back a decade ago.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I like the new Jeffrey look though. I guess that's his new on Walking Dead.

Was expecting that big ass beard he had.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
great ep, but now I'm bummed because now they will definitely never actually bring his spirit back from the dead. That seemed like a final goodbye. Cool time travel idea, but why make it so final? He should've been back a decade ago.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan has already said that he'd still like to come back for the last season or last episodes, so who knows.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That was great. And surprisingly not contrived, nor did it feel as out of place as I feared. I loved how the pearl worked exactly as advertised, and that Dean even after all these years wants his dad back. I do think people here are correct that it feels like John with his newfound knowledge of the future might go and change things. it would make for a great plot if Season 15 starts on that sort of cliffhanger from season 14s finale, that the past is not how they remember it. Might be how lucifer gets back to power.
Nice interview regarding the 300th episode and the rest of the season:

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/02/...e-spoilers-john-remember-dream-mary-season-15

Looks like an "Old fan favorite character" will show up in the season finale. Anyone have any guesses? Terminator Lucifer (lol)? OG Death?
Crowley, please be Crowley. He has been sorely missed in these last 2 seasons. If not him, I think either OG Michael or Eve.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Jensen Ackles is now older than Jeffrey was when the show started. That is not weird at all.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, I really, really liked that episode. I was pretty emotional through most of it. All the acting was top notch. Seeing Mary and John together was just great.

Assorted musings:

Hey, Cass could hold his own in a fight for once!

This episode made me think about everyone's ages a lot more than usual, and Dean is basically my age. It sure was easier going along with him being thrown across the room into a wall a decade and a half ago. Now I think like, "That would fuck me up for months."

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Ofcourse John is only back for one episode. On the other hand, the garbage that is Lucifer will never go away..

Good episode nonetheless.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
It was great to see Castiel kicking ass. I've missed that. Current Cas couldn't take down one Winchester, let alone both at the same time.

This episode made me think about everyone's ages a lot more than usual, and Dean is basically my age. It sure was easier going along with him being thrown across the room into a wall a decade and a half ago. Now I think like, "That would fuck me up for months."

You don't live with an angel who can heal your injuries. Cas has been saving those boys from chronic back pain for years.