• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they brought him back at all, after spending all those years shitting on him and trying to replace him with Bobby.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
It was great to see Castiel kicking ass. I've missed that. Current Cas couldn't take down one Winchester, let alone both at the same time.

You don't live with an angel who can heal your injuries. Cas has been saving those boys from chronic back pain for years.
Haha, that's definitely true! I wish I had a Cas. Dean can get thrown into a wall and be fine. I can sleep wrong and be sore for days. :D

Speaking of Kick-Ass-Cass, I would love to know his backstory in that timeline. There's got to be a reason why he's a murderbot.
But seriously the best part is that someone finally called Cas Constantine
I definitely laughed out loud at that.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I'm surprised they brought him back at all, after spending all those years shitting on him and trying to replace him with Bobby.
Wait, what? They never shat on John or Jeffrey Dean Morgan. They talked about how the character was a bad dad sometimes, but not outright trying to ruin the character. And they have tried to get the actor back for years anyways.

Also, I miss Bobby.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I was 18 when Supernatural started.
I was 12. I'm here for life, nothing is gonna stop me from watching it through to the end.

But seriously the best part is that someone finally called Cas Constantine
That was the best part of the episode, that and Zachariah.
Wait, what? They never shat on John or Jeffrey Dean Morgan. They talked about how the character was a bad dad sometimes, but not outright trying to ruin the character. And they have tried to get the actor back for years anyways.

Also, I miss Bobby.
Alt Bobby is somewhere out there kicking ass and taking names. Really sucks they didn't give us a scene with Alt-Bobby and Mary confusing the everliving fuck out of John by telling him they're a couple.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Great episode but Dean seemed to have messed up priorities with that wish. Getting rid of Michael was the goal.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

Also, I miss Bobby.

Nah he's right, some episodes went way beyond a "bad dad" thing and veered into straight up cruelty. But it was mostly dependent on the writer or showrunner at the time. In fact JDM said himself that he mostly wanted to come back to make things right after they painted John in a bad light for such a long time

Anyway, the episode was good, although I can't imagine how they could have fucked it up.

However it wasn't worthy of a 300th (the lame-ass part about Lebanon's kids make sure of that), and it noticeably lacked any kind of creativity or risk-taking. It was your standard wish gone wrong story. Angel made this better almost 20 years ago (I Will Remember You).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nah he's right, some episodes went way beyond a "bad dad" thing and veered into straight up cruelty. But it was mostly dependent on the writer or showrunner at the time. In fact JDM said himself that he mostly wanted to come back to make things right after they painted John in a bad light for such a long time

Anyway, the episode was good, although I can't imagine how they could have fucked it up.

However it wasn't worthy of a 300th (the lame-ass part about Lebanon's kids make sure of that), and it noticeably lacked any kind of creativity or risk-taking. It was your standard wish gone wrong story. Angel made this better almost 20 years ago (I Will Remember You).
I think the main problem is everyone got so hyped up for JDM's return, and for #300 in general, that it's always going to be hard to meet the hype. That's why other episodes will ultimately be far more memorable, like for me there's the Groundhog Day one with Dean dying over and over, the Scoody Doo one, etc.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I think the main problem is everyone got so hyped up for JDM's return, and for #300 in general, that it's always going to be hard to meet the hype. That's why other episodes will ultimately be far more memorable, like for me there's the Groundhog Day one with Dean dying over and over, the Scoody Doo one, etc.

I dunno, the last two previous landmark episodes both lived up to the hype afaic, and then some.

Point of No Return had so many memorable moments. Dean's goodbye letter and suicidal tendencies, Bobby's amazing speech to try to pull him out of it, Castiel kicking Dean's ass, Dean killing Zachariah.

Fan Fiction was a brilliantly written episode, a love letter to the fandom that ended with the Amulet's comeback and Chuck's cameo.

The 300th though really only has a concept going for it. I never felt like they tried to go above and beyond. From the second Sam talked about the wish-granting pearl, the rest played out exactly like I expected. It was just... safe. Now I'm a sucker for the earlier seasons so it still worked but I wish I got more. I don't think they have the talent for that anymore though.

Also there would have been more time for a fleshed out story if they hadn't bothered with the fucking kids' perspectives, which sucks up a good fourth of the episode. Like come on, you've got JDM for the first time in 12 years and you're wasting time on a bunch of kids we'll never see again ?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the 300th episode. I thought it was really well done, especially considering the limited time they had to shoot with JDM and wanting to do something that doesn't majorly shakeup the current plot. Some really heart wrenching moments. JDM is such a great actor, I hope he comes back for more sometime down the road.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing. How can it be that "the lore is clear" that destroying the pearl unravels its changes when the pearl has never been destroyed? Or are there several of them now?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
That episode destroyed me. I've been following the show live since the start, and man.... seeing John again was incredible. But most of all, it was the conversation between him and Sam that got me the most. It was crazy that after all these years, they finally got to have a heart to heart and make amends.

However, I do agree that the concept for the episode was somewhat meh. The original plan for the episode was to tell it from the townsfolk perspective, to see how they percieve the Winchesters. Would likely have been a pretty funny one. They clearly kept some of the leftovers of that for the first 10-15 mins, but it felt like time wasting. However, once John appeared, it was fantastic.

Also it's great to see that the writers still remember how badass angels were at one point. I really miss S4/S5 Castiel. Seeing him again, even if briefly, was a treat.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'll freely admit I had trouble accepting this episode for what it was. I found the episode lackluster after years of imagining ways he could be brought back. Mainly due to how it was so clear that it would all be wiped clean, ez pz. But I am glad they finally brought him back even if it was for a short. Sam and Dean so rarely get any kind of actual resolution, and I feel like this finally resolved "Dad". So good for them.

My GF on the other hand cried during it. So I am clearly in a different place with the show than people still tied in.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It was a good episode but overall (imo) it wasn't as good as I was hoping. The stuff with John was fine but the other things were just a bit meh, the whole escaped monsters bit was just a bit lackluster and boring and felt like it took away from more time they could've spent with their dad instead and the overall story apart from bringing John back was a letdown.

It wasn't as good as the other big 100th/200th episodes imo. It just felt really compacted and quick, quite simple when all was said and done.

Hopefully it's not the last time we see John though.

Oct 25, 2017
Man all the Supernatural cameos/actors on Doom Patrol have been pretty fun
Death, Metatron and Crowley in the first couple episodes.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
So I have a question regarding Michael (I watched last nights episode and it kinda does nothing to have to do with it):
Why couldn't they just restrain Dean, so that Dean could let Michael out of high mind cage and then let Jack get his Grace? Michael would be powerless and they could probably get him out of Dean easier. Hell even Jack could get him then out, like he did last night with Rowena.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
Can't believe it's series 14. I stopped for whatever reason at 9 or 10 and don't know why as I was still enjoying it. I can't remember where I was so I just started again and I forgot how good the show was. Halfway through series 2 now only 200 and odd episodes to go.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last nights episode was really good, creepy MOTW start that had a great concept and then wow.

Echoing I too am wondering where they're going now, I guess Lucifer's resurrection is still on the table. Did Jack maybe burn out his soul entirely with that stunt?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The only problem for the last episode is that I wanted more from Caniball Freddie Prinze Jr. xD

But yeah, that was an interesting ending ... feels good to don't know where the story is going for once on this show

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I did NOT see that ending for the episode. Like I was legit shocked that it happened. For the first time in a long time, I have no idea where the story is going to go next. Great episode!

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up, but how was Jack able to do that? Wasn't he essentially just a human?

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have no idea where the rest of the season and season 15 is going. So how about we all speculate for some fun?

We know that Heaven is collapsing (will Jack be the one to power it back up now that he has his abilities?)
We know the Empty entity is still out there and wants to "take" Castiel.
We know a fan favorite character is returning for the season finale. Adam? I imagine Lucifer will be back at some point but I don't think they are referring to him since they described the character as someone we have not seen for a long time.

So where does the story go next? I figured Michael was the endgame and now we have 6 episodes left for the season with no idea what will happen next. My guess is everyone will reach a happy point and then Castiel will get taken by the Empty in the season finale and some character shows up at the end...

What does ResetEra think will happen?

EDIT:

After thinking about it more, I really hope that Jack doesn't go darkside now that he consumed Michael's grace and has returned to apparently full power. We know the show isn't going to keep a fully powered angel on the team Winchester side as they obviously gimped Castiel. I have a feeling that Jack will become the season 15 villain which I really hope is NOT the case. Tired of all of this Angel/Demon crap! Do something new! I would love to see Jack actually go up and help power Heaven and then the show move onto a new storyline.

Episode 19 (the one before the season finale) is called,
Jack In The Box
hmm... not sure what to think here...
Does Michael some how take over Jack? The title suggests Jack is trapped in something
Anyone else have any theories?

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I agree Jack will likely move on and take over Heaven. I assume without his human soul he'll be the usual angel asshole like most of them are, so for that reason alone it's unlikely he'll be tagging along with the crew. I hope he doesn't end up a Big Bad too. Not only has Big Bad Angel been done for a while, it's Jack, and I think the fans like him.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yeah, Jack being consumed by something of michael or becoming a bad guy because he has no more soul is a possible outcome.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah it looks like this weeks promo confirms...
Jack's soul is either gone or nearly depleted. My prediction is that souless Jack will team up with the new reincarnated Lucifer as a double team of villains for season 15.
Really wish they would take the show into a totally new direction but they just can't help regurgitating the same angel/demon stuff over and over and over again. Wish they would explore maybe Grimm fairytales, Fae, maybe have a season where they are being hunted by the FBI. ANYTHING at this point would be better...

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Glad to hear it was good and the ratings were up this week. Still one of the strongest performers for the CW. I plan on watching it tonight along with Doom Patrol.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Oh man, I really dug that episode. Really good stuff, and quite creepy.

Also, I hope they do something a lot more interesting with Jack that "new big bad, but uh oh, he's the strongest big bad yet!" but then I don't really know what else this show can do. If he's "the most powerful thing in the universe" then it really takes away any concern about any other big bads that come along.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
it feels that they are doing the Mr Manhathan guidebook with him

Most powerfull thing ... but just don't care

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
it feels that they are doing the Mr Manhathan guidebook with him

Most powerfull thing ... but just don't care
yep, feeling that way too. while soulless sam was a monster, both donatello and possibly Jack are veering more into "i don't feel shit, but i remember really caring about the winchersters, so i'll please them somehow". hopefully they actually go this Mr Manhattan way with jack.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Whose ready for...
Jack to get put into the box in episode 19 after turning full evil and the newly risen Lucifer to rescue Jack in the season finale and be a father/son dynamic evil duo for season 15?

God I hope I'm wrong. Feels like the main story plot has been going in complete circles for years. Do something new!