• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if The Empty was the one responsible. He may have made a deal but he's under no obligation to keep it. We've seen he's capable of changing his form like he did when Castiel first woke up. We've also seen he's incredibly powerful and was able to enter Heaven somehow. He must be as old if not older than God. Perhaps he wanted Jack because like how Angels power Heaven they power him when they die? Could be why he's so strong. If it was The Empty it might also explain why Billie went there to talk.
Older than God and the Darkness even.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if The Empty was the one responsible. He may have made a deal but he's under no obligation to keep it. We've seen he's capable of changing his form like he did when Castiel first woke up. We've also seen he's incredibly powerful and was able to enter Heaven somehow. He must be as old if not older than God. Perhaps he wanted Jack because like how Angels power Heaven they power him when they die? Could be why he's so strong. If it was The Empty it might also explain why Billie went there to talk.

I thought for sure that was going to be the big reveal after Dean refused to shoot Jack. Chuck felt out of character all episode, and I thought he was going to reveal himself as The Empty at the end of the episode. But I'm not sure the Empty has those powers Chuck showed at the end, and I'm still not sure if that was The Empty with Billie at the end, or Lucifer. My initial guess was that The Empty "took over" Chuck/God and that's why Billie was saying we need to talk, but I now lean towards it just being Chuck (and I'd rather be wrong, because I feel that retroactively ruins S11)

Guess we'll find out for sure next season!

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
I finally got caught up on the last few episodes. And like a lot of other people, I'm not sure I like the direction they've taken Chuck, unless it turns out it really isn't him at all. I know a lot of fans have wanted the Winchesters to fight God since the likes of season 4 or whatnot, but God in Supernatural has never come off as evil. At worst he's disinterested, but not bad. So it seems like a strange turn to suddenly have him be revealed to be the last villain of the series, even if it's thematically fitting in a way.

Still, they made it seem like Castiel was going to be the a new god and the antagonist of season 7, and that didn't happen, so I'll wait and reserve judgement until I see where season 15 really takes us.

Unpopular opinion, but I also hope they bring Lucifer back one last time. True, he's been a bit overused in the last few years, but it feels unsatisfying to tease him returning again (especially after showing us his cool, new Terminator-esque black ooze form), and show that he still exists in The Empty, but then not do anything with it. I'm not sure where they'd take his character at this point, but since we know he's still out there, I want more of a resolution.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I finally got caught up on the last few episodes. And like a lot of other people, I'm not sure I like the direction they've taken Chuck, unless it turns out it really isn't him at all. I know a lot of fans have wanted the Winchesters to fight God since the likes of season 4 or whatnot, but God in Supernatural has never come off as evil. At worst he's disinterested, but not bad. So it seems like a strange turn to suddenly have him be revealed to be the last villain of the series, even if it's thematically fitting in a way.

Still, they made it seem like Castiel was going to be the a new god and the antagonist of season 7, and that didn't happen, so I'll wait and reserve judgement until I see where season 15 really takes us.

Unpopular opinion, but I also hope they bring Lucifer back one last time. True, he's been a bit overused in the last few years, but it feels unsatisfying to tease him returning again (especially after showing us his cool, new Terminator-esque black ooze form), and show that he still exists in The Empty, but then not do anything with it. I'm not sure where they'd take his character at this point, but since we know he's still out there, I want more of a resolution.

Seems like the Christian God to me.

Plus following the religious line of logic, if God does it it can't be bad. It's everyone else that is wrong. Right? He plays dice, apparently. /anti Einstein

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just finished the finale and wow, what a great season and I can't wait for S15, they've really set it up nicely. I still can't believe it's coming to an end, and I'm sad that it is because it's still so good.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
What if Adam is the true end game villain.

That would have been more interesting to me than God. For all the family talk they go through, it never sat well with me that Sam and Dean forgot about Adam. It's their greatest failure and them having to face that would have been a good series ender.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about God being the villain all along, it's a little cheap but it does work pretty well.
I just hope they manage to make next season move along well without filler.

Supernatural has never come off as evil. At worst he's disinterested, but not bad. So it seems like a strange turn to suddenly have him be revealed to be the last villain of the series, even if it's thematically fitting in a way.

He's not reaalllly evil though, he's a petulant child. That's how God's been depicted for a while and he's just throwing a tantrum because his "toys" won't do what he says.

Oct 27, 2017
God being a "bad guy" is dumb. I HATE what they are doing. If God is evil too how can there be ANY good in the world or anywhere. I'm starting to wish it would have ended at season five.

Nemesis-T Type

Alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
I don't know why they are mad at god for doing nothing and watching them suffer over the corse of their lives. God previously said how he doesn't interfere.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
God being a "bad guy" is dumb. I HATE what they are doing. If God is evil too how can there be ANY good in the world or anywhere. I'm starting to wish it would have ended at season five.
No one has said he's pure evil, and also it probably wouldn't be very entertaining for him to watch if there were no good guys.

I don't know why they are mad at god for doing nothing and watching them suffer over the corse of their lives. God previously said how he doesn't interfere.
It's not just that he was doing nothing, it's that their misery was basically his entertainment, and he did interfere, like when he was encouraging Dean to kill Jack and then got mad when he didn't.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
While I thought the finale was great, the idea of God truly being the Big Bad of the series doesn't sit well with me because it goes against his previous characterization. God can be a dick but him truly being evil goes against the entire "Don't Call Me Shurley" episode. So my hope is that there is more to it. With a full season, I'm sure there will be at some point.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I finally got around to finishing this season, I've been behind the entire time, and I'm interested to see what happens next season. Especially as it was confirmed as the final one. (I wonder if they were aware of that when they wrote the ending...)

I don't buy this talk about character assassination with Chuck. It's always been a very thin façade over someone who is in it for their own self interest and wants respect as an ultimate authority. He acts all laid back and chummy most of the time, but from time to time when they push him the façade briefly slips. If you've spent much time in the world of business, you see this sort of thing. Now they've pushed him too far with their rebellion, refusing to play along with his fun and games, and he's dropped the façade for good. Time to throw out his toys.

Also, it's not about God being good or bad. He's just a being playing some hyper-advanced version of The Sims.

Now, thoughts:
- God has ultimate power over his own creations.
- The Nothing previously stated that God has no authority there, which could mean there's other things God has no authority over.
- God said that souls are "complicated" for him, which leads me to think they are not actually his creation.

Now, Billie and God have some bad blood, she seems like she wants to bring an end to all the nonsense, and the Nothing must be getting pretty tired of angels waking up, so I wonder if they're coming up with a plan to make things right once and for all.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think God is the bad guy, I think he's just trying to teach the boys a hard lesson.

Either way I'm excited to see how it ends, and this direction is very interesting in my opinion. The final season could go any number of ways!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm just sad that it's ending. Sure it's had some seasons better than others, some story-lines have been used and reused, but we still love the show and it's one of the very few we want to see almost live rather than "whenever". I'd be on board for another few seasons for sure.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf? I just started the beginning of either season 13 or 14 on Netflix (whatever the newest ones available were) and now the show is no longer on Netflix? I was in transit on Thursday watching it and now I'm checking to download some episodes for my return trip and nothing. :/

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Ah... you know what? I forgot I'm out of country. I wonder if these episodes of that DC Titans show I'm downloading will work once I'm back in the states.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That's one thing I don't get, are Angels not God's creation? If so why do they go to the Nothing instead of simply returning to Heaven?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think they have souls. That, or they themselves are souls.

How many storylines have we had where people and things "without" a soul are just pure emotionless, have no empathy or anything? Castiel has those, which would therefore lead me to believe he in fact has a soul doesn't he? We know that demons have souls as well.

Even if they have no souls, why would the go to another place where God has no power, since he's the creator of angels?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How many storylines have we had where people and things "without" a soul are just pure emotionless, have no empathy or anything? Castiel has those, which would therefore lead me to believe he in fact has a soul doesn't he? We know that demons have souls as well.

Even if they have no souls, why would the go to another place where God has no power, since he's the creator of angels?
Demons don't have souls. They are souls, as they are the corrupted remnants of humans who went to Hell. That's why when they die, they don't just go back to Hell and presumably also go to the Empty. I assume angels work similarly.

About God having no authority in the Empty, maybe he does and no one knows about it. I think now likely it just exists outside if Creation. Maybe it's part of the Darkness's domain.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Demons don't have souls. They are souls, as they are the corrupted remnants of humans who went to Hell. That's why when they die, they don't just go back to Hell and presumably also go to the Empty. I assume angels work similarly.

About God having no authority in the Empty, maybe he does and no one knows about it. I think now likely it just exists outside if Creation. Maybe it's part of the Darkness's domain.

Yeah, that's what I meant though, Demons have a soul even if it is twisted to make them a demon. That's why Sam was able to bring Dean back when he was a Demon.

It just, to me, doesn't make much sense that angels, a creation of God himself, go somewhere outside of his domain when they die.

Guess they will tie that into this season, maybe where there are multiple realms/realities and places and God only has dominion over certain ones whereas there are others controlled by other forces he has no power over, I don't know, just seems like a rabbit hole they have built up to, no idea where it can go for this last season.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Just finished the finale, what an awesome season this ended up being in the end. A fitting final season - time to hunt God himself. I remember speculation back during even Season 5 that God could be the actual final villain as he never showed up while the apocalypse was coming...and damn the final few episodes were amazing.

Also - am I wrong or did the ending mean all the monsters Sam & Dean have put away are also free now? Like - could we see yellow eyes again?

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Just finished the finale, what an awesome season this ended up being in the end. A fitting final season - time to hunt God himself. I remember speculation back during even Season 5 that God could be the actual final villain as he never showed up while the apocalypse was coming...and damn the final few episodes were amazing.

Also - am I wrong or did the ending mean all the monsters Sam & Dean have put away are also free now? Like - could we see yellow eyes again?

It seems that angels and demons go to the empty when they die, so probably not. Just things that were in hell came back, so mostly ghosts I guess? If He also revived the purgatory monsters, there could be some interesting old characters coming back as well. I'd like to see Azazel once again, though.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
It seems that angels and demons go to the empty when they die, so probably not. Just things that were in hell came back, so mostly ghosts I guess? If He also revived the purgatory monsters, there could be some interesting old characters coming back as well. I'd like to see Azazel once again, though.

Oh yea forgot about the Empty.

So, they saw in the ending the ghost of John Wayne Gacy, Bloody Mary and Constance Welch/Woman in White - all put away by the brothers.

We could literally see Sam & Dean hunting the monster of series premiere. Would be bloody amazing.

Which would be some other fan favorites to bring back?

Wendigo? Djinn?

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Tbh I hope we don't get many (if any at all) monster of the week episodes. I used to like those a lot back in the day but this is the final season. I want to be on the edge of my seat all the way through, not watch the rehashing of SPN's supposed greatest hits.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
impala.jpeg

Not a lot of details out of ComicCon for Supernatural but I did watch the ComicCon panel and a crap ton of interviews with the cast and crew and here are some tibits (obviously spoilers):

-Adam is back finally. A lot of people wanted this so that's cool for them. Eileen (the death woman) is back. Amara is also back which makes sense and well obviously Chuck is back. There will be other characters but those are the ones talked about for now (season 15 is in early development obviously).
-Jarad says there will be some form of "peace" for Sam and Dean. I'm guessing here but I am betting they die and go to heaven and there will be a scene with Sam, Dead, John and Marry at a dinner table. Again it's just a random guess at this point but the ending is said to be satisfying for the fans.
-There will be one more META episode in the calibur of Changing Channels/French Mistake
-Kripke isn't heavily involved but they did talk with him. Jensen and Jarad were involved with the ideas for the series finale.
-First three episodes focus on the main "apocalypse" plotline which will get temporarily resolved. Episode 4 is a one off episode. Written by Davy Perez (my favorite current writer on the show). Chuck is in it.
-Jack is obviously back. Hints at returning to his human form some how.
-Lots of classic monsters/characters both good and bad will be back due to Chuck's Thanos snap.
-Death and Jack partner up in some capacity to help with the God situation. I bet the Empty will also be involved. My bet is that they will return Jack to his Body by the end of episode 3 in which Jack might be able to temporarily stop the apocalypse God started. Just a guess there though.
-Eric Kripke "liked" the series finale plans and thought it sounded great.

Well that's about it. If I find any additional information in the next week or so I'll just update this post. So one last ride with the Winchester boys. Who here on ResetEra will be tuning in for the final season? For me personally it's going to be an extremely emotional ride having been a huge fan of this show nearly half my life.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
impala.jpeg

Not a lot of details out of ComicCon for Supernatural but I did watch the ComicCon panel and a crap ton of interviews with the cast and crew and here are some tibits (obviously spoilers):

-Adam is back finally. A lot of people wanted this so that's cool for them. Eileen (the death woman) is back. Amara is also back which makes sense and well obviously Chuck is back. There will be other characters but those are the ones talked about for now (season 15 is in early development obviously).
-Jarad says there will be some form of "peace" for Sam and Dean. I'm guessing here but I am betting they die and go to heaven and there will be a scene with Sam, Dead, John and Marry at a dinner table. Again it's just a random guess at this point but the ending is said to be satisfying for the fans.
-There will be one more META episode in the calibur of Changing Channels/French Mistake
-Kripke isn't heavily involved but they did talk with him. Jensen and Jarad were involved with the ideas for the series finale.
-First three episodes focus on the main "apocalypse" plotline which will get temporarily resolved. Episode 4 is a one off episode. Written by Davy Perez (my favorite current writer on the show). Chuck is in it.
-Jack is obviously back. Hints at returning to his human form some how.
-Lots of classic monsters/characters both good and bad will be back due to Chuck's Thanos snap.
-Death and Jack partner up in some capacity to help with the God situation. I bet the Empty will also be involved. My bet is that they will return Jack to his Body by the end of episode 3 in which Jack might be able to temporarily stop the apocalypse God started. Just a guess there though.
-Eric Kripke "liked" the series finale plans and thought it sounded great.

Well that's about it. If I find any additional information in the next week or so I'll just update this post. So one last ride with the Winchester boys. Who here on ResetEra will be tuning in for the final season? For me personally it's going to be an extremely emotional ride having been a huge fan of this show nearly half my life.
I'm in for the final season. Has gone too far and his it been airing for too long? Perhaps. Does that mean 14 years of watching this will be ignored? Fuck no, I'm in it till the end, I want to see what will happen to the boys.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So for the empty to play a big part we will have to see the "Castiel being happy" thing

So what do you guys think it will be?
Destiel kiss? Fishing with human Jack? Angelon angel sex?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm in for the final season. Has gone too far and his it been airing for too long? Perhaps. Does that mean 14 years of watching this will be ignored? Fuck no, I'm in it till the end, I want to see what will happen to the boys.

It's amazing how consistent the viewership has been after the first couple seasons. It seems almost no one quits the show. I feel like this is the only show on this long that just has the same ratings every week.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
So one last ride with the Winchester boys. Who here on ResetEra will be tuning in for the final season? For me personally it's going to be an extremely emotional ride having been a huge fan of this show nearly half my life.

I will absolutely be tuning in every week for S15. I've watched this show for the past fifteen years without fail and I've enjoyed it the whole way, even through the lesser seasons, so I'm not stopping now at the very end.

I'm gonna miss it when it's gone, but then I will be buying the inevitable huge immense box set containing the entire show, so it won't really be "gone". Imagine doing a rewatch of all fifteen years!!!! O_O

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Finally finished the season.

Jack my baby :(

Something felt off about Chuck to me too, and I have a perfect example. The yelling.

When Metatron pissed Chuck off he got quiet, still, and terrifying. Dean makes him mad and he shrieks 'Don't'?

You know, something else recently also sorta shrieks words.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Binged the last season in about a week and just finished the last episode.

So basically Lucifer was right all along.
The man never lies
d42413cc9428f162938f2772e46fae466d51e783_00.gif

What a set up for next season, I prefer the binge watch but I'll be watching live. Crazy how God can just snuff out Jack like that, I wonder if Billie is going to bring Jack back? God did say she is always sticking her scythe where if don't belong.

Pretty sure that was Lucifer at the end hand signaling the smiley face to Jack. I can't imagine the show ending with out Pellegrino coming back. I don't think Chuck is the Empty because that character is always shown as super unstable where Chuck.....Chuck is just bored and being the uncaring God he has always been. The Boys are his favorite show, it's why he showed up on episode 200, it's why he helped with Amara (who is still running loose in Reno)

I never read about Gacy until I saw the episode he was in the other day. I proceeded to Wikipedia his story (holy fuck talk about something that could have been avoided if cops just did their job) so him showing up at the kids party was super disturbing.

I can see Dean carrying over his grudge with Cass to season 15, which will be annoying. I mean he himself knew there was something wrong with Jack but he just kept using Cass as his target.

Closing thoughts, even if it ends at 15, I hope we get some Netflix specials or something in the future. Maybe then we can resolve Adam and get Dark Kia a new spear.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Binged the last season in about a week and just finished the last episode.

So basically Lucifer was right all along.
The man never lies
d42413cc9428f162938f2772e46fae466d51e783_00.gif

What a set up for next season, I prefer the binge watch but I'll be watching live. Crazy how God can just snuff out Jack like that, I wonder if Billie is going to bring Jack back? God did say she is always sticking her scythe where if don't belong.

Pretty sure that was Lucifer at the end hand signaling the smiley face to Jack. I can't imagine the show ending with out Pellegrino coming back. I don't think Chuck is the Empty because that character is always shown as super unstable where Chuck.....Chuck is just bored and being the uncaring God he has always been. The Boys are his favorite show, it's why he showed up on episode 200, it's why he helped with Amara (who is still running loose in Reno)

I never read about Gacy until I saw the episode he was in the other day. I proceeded to Wikipedia his story (holy fuck talk about something that could have been avoided if cops just did their job) so him showing up at the kids party was super disturbing.

I can see Dean carrying over his grudge with Cass to season 15, which will be annoying. I mean he himself knew there was something wrong with Jack but he just kept using Cass as his target.

Closing thoughts, even if it ends at 15, I hope we get some Netflix specials or something in the future. Maybe then we can resolve Adam and get Dark Kia a new spear.

Adam is confirmed to finally return in the final season.