• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
So I had an issue that's holding us from moving to London for a bit last minute. So we're most likely going to move into the Trump International Tower (in their residential apartments) in Vancouver for a year until we move to London as it has the best floor plans, views, amenities, and hotel services attached - for example, they have a personal driver service for the unit we'll be in with a Rolls Royce and some other cars - how cool is that?

The only thing I'm not feeling great about is that I am supporting a Trump product and I despise the man. What are your thoughts? Have you supported any Trump product since he took office and started fucking over the world - such as being at one of his golf courses or his hotels? How did it make you feel and how did you justify it?

Last edited:

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only for a year, plus if it's the best option for you, I'd go for it. Yeah Trump is shitty but take solace in that fact that he made things easier accidentally (well kinda?), for someone who actually hates his guts.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fucking awesome building regardless of the name attached to it. Nobody really cares about it in Vancouver aside from the day it opened.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone is going to give you guff for the very specific situation you find yourself in.

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I was in such a position to be honest. There's a Walmart pharmacy in the ground floor of our office and it is extremely convenient for me. I do wish it was a different company entirely but if I need some cough medicine or anti-allergy meds immediately I just walk downstairs and grab it from them.

It may be unreasonable but I'd actually like to ask you to maybe consider other options if there really are any alternatives. You are exactly in the demographic that can make a difference with your purchasing decisions and may have some influence with others in your income range.

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Aren't you the dude who wears business suits in the thick of summer in Pattaya, Thailand

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't they just license the name in a lot of these hotels and then he has nothing to do with them?

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We live in a civilization were, like it or not, we end up supporting horrible people since we are limited in our alternative or alternatives simply do not exist.

If moving your office to the Trump International Tower is the only viable option then you have to do it, just do what you can on other areas to make the world a better place, to help people that actually care for the world. But you have to eat, live, so if you have to move there for the moment, do it.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
I've been at one of his golf courses, to be honest I didn't consider it at the time and looking back on it it doesn't bother me

Nov 2, 2017
So I had an issue that's holding us from moving to London for a bit last minute. So we're most likely going to move into the Trump International Tower in Vancouver for a year until we move to London as it has the best floor plans, views, amenities, and hotel services attached - for example, they have a personal driver service for the unit we'll be in with a Rolls Royce and some other cars - how cool is that?

The only thing I'm not feeling great about is that I am supporting a Trump product and I despise the man. What are your thoughts? Have you supported any Trump product since he took office and started fucking over the world - such as being at one of his golf courses or his hotels? How did it make you feel and how did you justify it?

The Opus hotel in downtown Vancouver is pretty nice. I fix their bicycles. Also, how can you afford that? Opus is $400 a night. Can't imagine how much you are wasting staying in a hotel for a year.

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
We live in a civilization were, like it or not, we end up supporting horrible people since we are limited in our alternative or alternatives simply do not exist.

If moving your office to the Trump International Tower is the only viable option then you have to do it, just do what you can on other areas to make the world a better place, to help people that actually care for the world. But you have to eat, live, so if you have to move there for the moment, do it.

Well put.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I had an issue that's holding us from moving to London for a bit last minute. So we're most likely going to move into the Trump International Tower in Vancouver for a year until we move to London as it has the best floor plans, views, amenities, and hotel services attached - for example, they have a personal driver service for the unit we'll be in with a Rolls Royce and some other cars - how cool is that?

Trumps don't own the building.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
If you feel bad enough about doing it there's an easy solution, don't do it. Forego a small bit of luxury (that the average person probably will never have access to mind you) and go with your conscience. What you do will depend on how much you really despise him or want to support him.

To be fair he probably has little to even do with the building, he just puts his name on crap.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a pair of New Balances (I think they said they support him) and they're still some of the comfiest shoes I have.

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Solid troll with that avatar.

What are you talking about? I mean besides the murdering people in his head, I think Patrick Bateman has fantastic tastes in things such as interior design, skin care, and music. I wear it as an avatar as people kept referencing it before to me as an insult but I considered it a compliment.

Aren't you the dude who wears business suits in the thick of summer in Pattaya, Thailand

Dress pants, a dress shirt, and a blazer a couple times yeah. No ties though. And it was in Bangkok and Ko Samui - not Pattaya. But the suits were used a lot more in Tokyo, Seoul, and Hong Kong (which got pretty hot but a bunch of people were wearing suits there).

Don't they just license the name in a lot of these hotels and then he has nothing to do with them?

Well if they already paid upfront for the license, then I wouldn't be supporting Trump. But if they continue to pay on an annual basis.

Also note I would be using the Ivanka spa (as it's amazing), and while she's not as bad as her father, don't want to support her either.

pretty sure the one in Van is thinking about rebranding

I heard that but I also heard they are locked into the licensing agreement.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So I don't like the guy at all and I'm a minority, but Trump Tower in Vancouver is awesome. We stayed for 2 weeks during October 2017. I don't think you should feel bad about this as there aren't really any alternatives in this situation. When you consider all of the amenities and services, it's the best place you can stay. It's just capitalism lol.

Apparently they're trying to remove his name and branding from alot of the hotels anyway. The Panama one removed the name last week.

I'd never go to any of his golf courses though, they're not anything special

Last edited:

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if there's no other real solution you kind of just have to do it. If it were me, I'd try to find some place else before committing to it

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't intend to give Trump money in anyway way (except taxes obviously), but you do you OP. You can still vote against him and not support him use his products, doesn't make you a bad person IMO.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_oa5teoRrLo1u1sr1lo1_1280.jpg

Dec 2, 2017
You're barely supporting him, since all he does is license his name to whoever owns and runs it.

But what do any of these amenities mean if you have to spend all your time surrounded by his aura? I would absolutely go with whatever the second most over the top building is in Vancouver to avoid that.

Also, Vancouver is super-lefty. It won't look good on you when you have company over or tell people where you live.

Plus, there is a 99.9% chance you will find your home embroiled in a criminal money laundering scandal while you're there. The Toronto one already went down under a cloud.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
You seem to have options not to, so why? If you have an issue with Trump.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Gave Trump money once by shopping at a Duane Reade at Trump Tower. Ordered a last minute portrait for my wife's birthday and it was the only place available to get it done on time.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no.

Is Trump tower really so much better than others? Isn't there another that's good enough? Do you have to have the absolute best (most opulent) or can you live in barely lesser luxury and squeak by somehow for a year as miserable as it may be?

I hope this is a joke thread but I've seen your setup threads so I know you actually can afford that shit so it's hard to tell. If it is a joke, A+

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, dude. What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

Sales.

Most importantly, how are the sheets.

Well it's my own sheets. Just got some 1000 count egyptian cotton fitted sheet - nothing too special.

But what do any of these amenities mean if you have to spend all your time surrounded by his aura? I would absolutely go with whatever the second most over the top building is in Vancouver to avoid that.

Plus, there is a 99.9% chance you will find your home embroiled in a criminal money laundering scandal while you're there. The Toronto one already went down under a cloud.

There's a decent amount of amenities the Trump tower has that nowhere else in Vancouver has. A night club directly in the tower (even though Drai's is kind of douchey and attracts a certain kind of customer), a pool tied to that night club, fantastic shopping right there, Rolls Royce car service if you apart of certain floors, the best spa in the city right there, etc.

Also can you clarify on a criminal money laundering scandal?

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just do it if it the best option for you. There are tons of horrible people and companies that we support in a daily base, it is what it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I purchased a Lamborghini just to have something to get to and from work and run short errands or whatever. But that's not the point, my main concern is that I'm always driving my Lamborghini through a street named Trump Street. I mean there are other routes I could take with my Lamborghini but it would mean more time on the road driving my Lamborghini. Any solutions to avoid Trump street while driving my Lamborghini?

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure on that particular building, but most of "his" buildings just license his name, and are owned by other people. There has been a lot of success the last couple of years in pressuring the real owners to take his name off their buildings.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
hmm i thought tabris was richer than settling for something like the trump international tower in vancouver. guess i was wrong.