• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
No, that's not what it was about. The media had an absolute field day when this game came out because that's what they thought as well.

"You mean the makers of Grand Theft Auto made a game called Bully that takes place at a school? Time to freak the fuck out without actually seeing or playing it!"
Eh knowing the media back then, they probably would have gotten upset even after they looked into it and saw that you could kiss boys.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Eh knowing the media back then, they probably would have gotten upset even after they looked into it and saw that you could kiss boys.

Haha true, I totally forgot about that. Man, Bully was ahead of its time. I remember getting it the same Christmas I got a launch PS3 with BC, and I played Bully far more than any of the launch PS3

I'm actually gonna say real on this one, although I'm sure the rumours about the game no longer being in production will be true.

The name is a marketing gimmick. The game is basically less-extreme GTA where you play a tough, intense high school kid in a town instead of an adult criminal in a city. You deal with high school politics, improve your lot, work through a story about your family and friends.

The PC version is great. Updated to the Rage engine and includes new classes to attend, etc.

Mar 29, 2018
Haha true, I totally forgot about that. Man, Bully was ahead of its time. I remember getting it the same Christmas I got a launch PS3 with BC, and I played Bully far more than any of the launch PS3

The PC version is great. Updated to the Rage engine and includes new classes to attend, etc.
For real? Shit, I might get it. Never finished the original but it was great

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon, you know that ain't real. Rockstar hires better artists than that.

That map design sucks.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
that's fake

9RsKFp.gif

Nov 27, 2017
California
#FreeJimmy

Anyone can mock up a 3D map/rendering so anything can be fake or real

I do think it's coming but after GTA VI, they won't miss a Xbox one / PS4 plus next gen release money grab and only gta VI could do it

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think a Bully 2 will sell well still, as long it's a much smaller scale game.

I hope one day R* does go back to it cause at the moment it just feels like a rotation of GTA and Red Dead.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you guys stop replying to me? jfc this forum just can't stop beating a dead horse.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
What is the meaning of Canis Canem Edit? It's written in latin, right?

It's the latin translation of an american saying (dog eat dog) that itself is a contraption of the original latin saying canis canem non est which actually means the opposite: (a) dog doesn't eat (another) dog. Meaning that even a dog won't resort to cannibalism (a metaphor to say how bad a person can be and in fact is, when they're so driven by their interests that they're willing to succeed even if at the expense of their peers).

🤓

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
thread is dead and people had already succinctly answered... don't leave posts hanging on a tab for a day without refreshing before pushing post reply is the lesson here I guess :P