• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a morning chock full of happiness and cheer now, isn't it.

I should have stayed in bed.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
i think RBG is a great person with an exceptional career and while I do think it is her right to live her life and not sacrifice her career "just because" she's elderly. At the same time, I also believe if she is a person that truly loves the law, and wants to make sure all people are treated as equitably as possible by it, she should have fucking retired the day Obama was sworn in.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FUCKING KILL ME

giphy.gif

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, hate to hear this, especially someone her age. Happened to my grandparents, it is pretty rough. No matter what anyone thinks about her, she is an absolute American icon. I hope she gets well soon!

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Old people do this basically every week and are fine.

Source: my crazy old grandparents

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I knew all those jokes I was hearing (thankfully not here) about her hanging on for four years were jinxing it.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck, this headline shot ice water through my veins. I hope she fully recovers. Injuries take a larger toll at her age.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just another shitty piece of news to add to the shit pile that is this week.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think RBG is a great person with an exceptional career and while I do think it is her right to live her life and not sacrifice her career "just because" she's elderly. At the same time, I also believe if she is a person that truly loves the law, and wants to make sure all people are treated as equitably as possible by it, she should have fucking retired the day Obama was sworn in.
Yup, shoulda retired for the greater good and screw her for dissing Kaepernick.
do we know where kavanaugh was at the time?
Lmao you're trying to get me in trouble at work.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
remember when she could have retired during obama's first term and allowed the democratic senate to confirm a nice young successor

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Oh good. It's also come to my attention that this is a repeat occurrence. Last happened in 2012.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said in an interview with ReutersWednesday that she fell and broke two ribs in June but continued to work after the episode.

The two-month delay in making the injury public follows a similarly belated disclosure in 2009 that Ginsburg was receiving regular iron infusions at a physician's office on Capitol Hill. That fact emerged only after Ginsburg felt faint at the doctor's office and was taken by ambulance to a hospital.

In a comment to Reuters, Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathleen Arberg suggested that Ginsburg, 79, did not consider the recent injury serious enough to announce.

Ginsburg "followed her schedule as usual," Arberg told the wire service. "She indeed did not skip a beat and did not feel it rose to a serious health concern."

Ginsburg has had two publicly disclosed bouts with cancer: colon cancer in 1999 and pancreatic cancer in 2009.

Hell. I know people want to lionize her and make a pop culture meme about how she's a strong old lady, but she should have let Obama replace her. She hasn't written any significant opinions in nearly 10 years. The Trump administration is chomping at the bit to nominate Barrett now and McConnell's increased majority in the Senate isn't going to be stoppable..

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I recall reading that RBG is amazingly fit for her age and despite being tiny and old she is in great shape. Let's hope she recovers from this well; fractures are super dangerous at her age.