• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw this headline pop up in my WaPo app and I saw "Ruth Bader Ginsburg" I almost threw up.

Hope she makes it, injuries at that age can be dangerous. The country needs you.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh good. It's also come to my attention that this is a repeat occurrence. Last happened in 2012.

Hell. I know people want to lionize her and make a pop culture meme about how she's a strong old lady, but she should have let Obama replace her. She hasn't written any significant opinions in nearly 10 years. The Trump administration is chomping at the bit to nominate Barrett now and McConnell's increased majority in the Senate isn't going to be stoppable..
Republicans keep lathering the stairs in grease while she's out for lunch.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Oh good. It's also come to my attention that this is a repeat occurrence. Last happened in 2012.

Hell. I know people want to lionize her and make a pop culture meme about how she's a strong old lady, but she should have let Obama replace her. She hasn't written any significant opinions in nearly 10 years. The Trump administration is chomping at the bit to nominate Barrett now and McConnell's increased majority in the Senate isn't going to be stoppable..

I'm also expecting Clarence Thomas to retire in the next two years.

Oct 25, 2017
We're so fucked. Even if we win the presidency in 2020, the senate will be republican controlled until at least 2022.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Got this far in the thread title and started having a bit of a panic attack: "Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsburg, 85, hospitalized..."

Hope she recovers fast and all is well. This is unfortunately common for someone of her age

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
i think RBG is a great person with an exceptional career and while I do think it is her right to live her life and not sacrifice her career "just because" she's elderly. At the same time, I also believe if she is a person that truly loves the law, and wants to make sure all people are treated as equitably as possible by it, she should have fucking retired the day Obama was sworn in.
Agreed. At the very least the day after he was elected for a 2nd term.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obama needs to make a chaos emerald infused body suit for her.

In all seriousness I hope she recovers as well as possible. Falls are terrible for old people, 3 ribs sounds painful.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Trump wins re-election, she can go ahead and retire. Country is beyond saving at that point anyways.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
She just needs to hold out for a minimu of two more years..god that's a lifetime when you are 85 though...I hate politics. I hate that SC judges are political.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't she have retired 8 years ago?

Justices need an age limit to prevent this shit.

At 75 tops they ought to step down.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
This might come as a surprise but yeah you could. I know this place loves misery but she will be fine. Even if she has to be wheel chaired out she will do her duty. Faith, get some.
Agreed. My point was it's also stupid to say "Oh, yeah, she'll just bounce back!" That gets harder and harder to do as you age.