• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2017
You didn't learn, OP. Nintendo starves their back catalog services almost on purpose at this point.
Not just at this point. They've done it at every point ever. I wish they'd gone with a multi-1st party virtual console again. Wii had some amazing games which might never see an official release again from C64 etc, Wii U only got PC Engine stuff.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
Still waiting for Earthbound

Not getting high hopes for Final Fantasy 6 or Chrono Trigger but God damn I wish

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I think Nintendo should try to redo some of their older games.

You know, I would pay good money for a "Nintendo Ages" line. Imagine the Stunt Race FX in Full HD, 60FPS and with online functionality? Or Super Metroid with widescreen support and other quality of life improvements, like better controls and a better map that shows which items you already collected?

But I will take more games in the SNES app. If they ever come, heh.

Oct 27, 2017
You will have a happier life if you think about what would be the right or "cool" thing Nintendo should do, and decrease your expectations about 80%.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Some will agree with this and some will disagree but personally i've always said nintendo is a really bad gaming comany that just happens to have some really good dev teams that make good games. Imagine how amazing it wold be if Nintendo was simply a third party developer under the roof of microsoft or someone else. At least then when wrong choices were made there would be some attempt to course correct.

Nintendo makes zero attempts to course correct their back catalog... if anything they make it worse each generation.

Mr G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Some will agree with this and some will disagree but personally i've always said nintendo is a really bad gaming comany that just happens to have some really good dev teams that make good games. Imagine how amazing it wold be if Nintendo was simply a third party developer under the roof of microsoft or someone else. At least then when wrong choices were made there would be some attempt to course correct.

Nintendo makes zero attempts to course correct their back catalog... if anything they make it worse each generation.
Yeay you should throw that opinion away.
They make great hardware and software, if it's not to your liking move on.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

that's a hot take if I've ever heard one.

I totally disagree.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
So nintendo has handled their back catalog just fine? Their business side is terrible their gaming dev side is great, if you put the execs o a different company in charge of those that make nintendos hardware and software (while still giving their devs the same creative freedom) we wold be far better off and not be getting absolutely shafted beyond belief on their back catalog of classics.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Expect nothing and then maybe be pleasantly surprised. That's my motto for Nintendo when it comes to everything but their videogames.