• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
When Nintendo announced they were bringing SNES games to Switch Online to compliment their NES offerings, they also quietly announced they would no longer be adding games on a monthly schedule. That was back in September. Three month later, there has been no word when there would be new games added. With the Holidays coming up, I think now would be a good time for a new addition of games with the new influx of Switch owners. When they announced the lack of a structured release schedule, did you think that three months later, nothing would yet to be added?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
expect them every direct at the most, every other direct at the least

and i wouldn't expect many per release

aim those expectations low

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
January is a better bet I think. New content for people who started subscribing during the holidays.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I just discovered my NSO sub ended, and I'm fine waiting for more SNES games before I subscribe again.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
If there's enough topics about it, maybe it will be willed into existence like the Mario Maker update.
When they announced the lack of a structured release schedule, did you think that three months later, nothing would yet to be added?
Seemed like a very plausible outcome given past experiences with Nintendo and VC, yes. (Sometime December would've been my best guess, which could still happen)

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't learn, OP. Nintendo starves their back catalog services almost on purpose at this point.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I could see it, want an extra NSO boost for the holidays and I mean Mua3 should be getting an update this month too.

Time will tell

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo:
bdd.jpg

Noog

ā–² Legend ā–²
May 1, 2018
It bums me out with the Switch that Nintendo has been shown that they can do the bare minimum and get rewarded for it.

The Switch is a console people want to play on, which is great, but the UI, classic game library access, media services, web browser, etc etc etc, are lacking or missing, and frankly it's because there's no reason to do any more.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Obviously Snes online needs alcahest, Arcana, Hyper Zone, and Metal Slayer Glory(all Hal games, so some could happen, then again so could Vegas stakes)

Oct 26, 2017
I love how people are now scrambling with threads like these. Some of you were so certain that being an online service would mean that Nintendo has incentive to not drip-feed their legacy content.

Well guess what?

All of you were wrong. And now we've lost a good service because of your idiotic fantasies.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I would be pretty shocked if these drops were ever anything other than Direct segments. Don't really know what incentive Nintendo has at this exact moment to add more SNES games

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense, it would be great, it would please fans, so no I don't expect any until first direct of 2020

this is the same company that won't port those shield Wii games from China to Switch despite them already running or sell/let cube games play on Wii U despite the hardware being capable

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not likely, but I honestly don't think it's entirely out of the possibility that this is actually it and they won't do any more updates whatsoever for the rest of Switch's lifespan, cause they just decided to drop it.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
People complained about Mario Maker not getting updated and now it's getting an update so maybe this thread will make them release more NES/SNES games

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to guess in February we'll see some added games. There's nothing big from Nintendo slated for that time and it will still be over a month before animal crossing lands.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I wish. They need to add more RPGs. And add (at minimum) 2X speed as well.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SNES games should have been handled like ACA releases. At least they would have had an incentive to release them every other week. Give NSO subscribers freebies, but let me buy them as separate apps not tied to any subscription. (So I can still play them 10 years from now)