• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
This thread was made possible thanks to SoleSurvivor . He put the words down, set up the fantasy league (which you should all join below) and helped me out with advice for making things pretty. Its more his OT than mine, I'm just posting it. So everyone be sure to give him a thank you!

nvcDMOW.gif
Come on in, guys!

It's that time again. Twice a year, 16-20 Americans hit the beach for 39 days and test their bodies and minds as they compete in challenges and vote each other out with the goal of taking home the title of "Sole Survivor" and the $1,000,000 prize.

On Wednesday, February 28th, 20 new castaways will hit the beaches of Fiji in an attempt to outwit, outplay, and outlast each other using whatever means necessary to sit there at the end for a chance to win it all. For the first time since Survivor: Samoa (season 19), the castaways are not being sorted by labels (gender, hero/villain, blue/white collar, blood/water, millennial/gen xer, etc. etc). That said, the season will continue the trend of a theme that will bleed into every aspect of these castaways 39 days in Fiji.

For this, the show's 36th(!) season, Survivor will this time revolve around the concept of the fictional "Ghost Island," a twist on Exile Island that will pay tribute to the fans that have kept this show on the air for 18 years. Jeff Probst describes Ghost Island as the graveyard for Survivor mistakes past, and will test these new castaways to see if they can reverse the curse or repeat the same mistakes that came before. As always, expect big strategic moves, intense challenges, Shyamalan twists, and epic blindsides. It's always a good time to jump into the show, and YES - "this show is still on TV." Survivor still averages 8-12 million viewers per episode, almost always winning its timeslot, and sometimes the entire programming night. It's also known to be one of the most authentic reality shows on TV. They really do waste away out there to try to win big.

hYGzSZJ.jpg

Join us! This season, you can claim the title of SOLE SurvivERA. Join our uncapped custom league by signing up for free (using your username so we know who's who) at Tribal-Council.com. Click "Join Private League" when you first login and enter the league code: 91be9b8111bf1a76

Before the season starts, you will login and choose 8 people (you can keep making changes before the premiere) and then play 5 of those people as ACTIVE and BENCH the other 3. Playing is extremely simple and requires very little work on your part from week to week. For an overview of how to play and how the scoring system works, there's a short description on the Tribal-Council.com site.

9m9nD81.jpg

• Ghost Island – The central theme of the season is also its biggest twist. Castaways will be temporarily exiled for various reasons to Ghost Island, which is littered with the actual "relics" or "talismans" of Survivor past. Not replicas. These items all share something in common – they have been misused in the past, leading to the in-game demise of some of Survivor's most legendary players. The exact nature of Ghost Island is being kept under wraps, but expect it to give an upper hand to players who use their time on it correctly.
  • Limited Supplies & Tribe Leader – The game will hit the ground running with each tribe asked to pick a tribe leader who will designate two members of their tribe to compete against the two from the other tribe picked in the same fashion for a reward that will give the players an upperhand in the game from the get-go. In addition, survival will play a bigger hand this season, as a much smaller supply of rice will be allotted to each tribe than the show has been giving out in recent years, forcing castaways to fish and forage who otherwise may not have.
  • Return of the Final 4 Fire Making Twist – The ill received final four fire-making twist from season 35 is returning. HOWEVER, this time the castaways were notified of the twist before the season, giving them the option to play around it if they so choose. This twist, for those not familiar, guarantees the winner of the final 4 immunity challenge a spot at Final Tribal Council, as well as the ability to pick someone else who will accompany them. The remaining two castaways will compete in a fire making challenge to vie for the final spot available at FTC.

CPKGKCr.jpg

MALOLO
0I57xCS.png

giphy.gif

James Lim – 24, New York City, NY. Business Analyst.

giphy.gif

Stephanie Gonzalez – 26, Ocala, FL. Graphic Sales.

giphy.gif

Jacob Derwin – 22, Brooklyn, NY. Music Teacher.

giphy.gif

Brendan Shapiro – 41, Herndon, VA. Physical Education Teacher.

giphy.gif

Laurel Johnson – 29, Minneapolis, MN. Financial Consultant.

giphy.gif

Stephanie Johnson – 34, Chicago, IL. Yoga Instructor.

giphy.gif

Michael Yerger – 18, Los Angeles, CA. Real Estate Agent.

giphy.gif

Libby Vincek – 24, Houston, TX. Social Media Strategist.

giphy.gif

Jenna Bowman – 23, Venice Beach, CA. Advertising Account Executive.

giphy.gif

Donathan Hurley – 26, Kimper, KY. Caretaker.

NAVITI
yZLLpMv.png

giphy.gif

Morgan Ricke – 29, Orlando, FL. Marine Animal Trainer.

giphy.gif

Wendell Holland – 33, Philadelphia, PA. Furniture Company Owner.

giphy.gif

Angela Perkins - 42, Cincinatti, OH. Army Veteran.

giphy.gif

Chris Noble – 27, Brooklyn, NY. Male Model.

giphy.gif

Desiree Afuye – 21, Brooklyn, NY. Student.

giphy.gif

Sebastian Noel – 22, Satellite Beach, FL. Fishing Guide.

giphy.gif

Chelsea Townsend – 24, Los Angeles, CA. EMT/Pro Cheerleader.

giphy.gif

Bradley Kleihege – 26, Los Angeles, CA. Law Student.

giphy.gif

Kellyn Bechtold – 31, Denver, CO. Career Counselor.

giphy.gif

Domenick Abbate – 38, Nesconset, NY. Construction Supervisor.

mYFYGV3.jpg

Survivor 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers |OT| Hey look at this octopus

NymNybp.jpg

First Four Minutes
To those of you who want to see more before the premiere, be sure to check out the first four minutes of the first episode to learn what's in store this season.

That's it. Got nothin' for ya. Head Back to camp!

Last edited:

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of youth this season. The two 40s are both fit by trade.

Yeah, I believe this is the youngest cast when you average the ages together in the history of the show. Not sure yet if it's a trend, most likely following up on the "success" of the millennial tribe in season 33. At least according to Probst.

And just my piece - you all still have until the early evening tonight to take 5 minutes to join the ResetEra fantasy league for the season! Been doing a personal league with friends since 31 and it adds an awesome layer to watching the show.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Signing up for the fantasy league now. I know nothing about the cast so I will probably fail with my choices.

Also -

This better be the last time the bullshit final 4 fire making twist happens

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Signing up for the fantasy league now. I know nothing about the cast so I will probably fail with my choices.

Also -

This better be the last time the bullshit final 4 fire making twist happens

There's really no rhyme or reason. There is hypothetically a boot list out there, but it would be really shitty for someone to look it up and then pick their people to win a fantasy league with no money on the line.

Just go off your gut and have fun. And if you want, you can change your picks continuously until about an hour before the show starts. Just make sure you hit save!

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017
There's really no rhyme or reason. There is hypothetically a boot list out there, but it would be really shitty for someone to look it up and then pick their people to win a fantasy league with no money on the line.

Just go off your gut and have fun. And if you want, you can change your picks continuously until about an hour before the show starts. Just make sure you hit save!

Yeah and just in case, I just won't be looking at everyone else's picks. I'll look at the scores but I won't try to figure out who's using who to get there.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I chose my team. Haven't watched any of the cast videos or anything yet.

Has Jeff posted his Cast Assessment video yet?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice thread brehs, I'll join the league and see what's what.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I picked my fantasy league solely based on the gifs in the OT, so thanks for that. :P

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Can't wait! My winners picks are Michael and Kellyn, I predict they'll both at least go far. Michael seems like the type to get screwed over by a final 4 fire-making challenge twist though.

I also expect James to be a fan favorite and a shoo-in returnee.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait! My winners picks are Michael and Kellyn, I predict they'll both at least go far. Michael seems like the type to get screwed over by a final 4 fire-making challenge twist though.

I also expect James to be a fan favorite and a shoo-in returnee.

Not sure why, but getting good vibes from Wendell who I've made my winner pick. Then again, I've never gotten a winner pick right, and one of my favorite players ever is Andrew Savage, so take my opinion with a huge grain of salt lol.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
MvsGenX was poor, Game Changers was less than stellar, and HvHvH turned into a massive mess at the end, but I'm always ready for more Survivor. Not expecting a ton from this season, so if turns out to be alright/good, I'll take it. Hoping that it won't be too twist heavy, but that's pretty unlikely.

I'm getting good vibes from Wendell and Brendan (mainly because of Probst, and Probst sure loves his males).

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why, but getting good vibes from Wendell who I've made my winner pick. Then again, I've never gotten a winner pick right, and one of my favorite players ever is Andrew Savage, so take my opinion with a huge grain of salt lol.

I actually picked last season's top 2 after the first episode. I was pretty pleased. Hoping I can do as well this season, though it'll be too late for our fantasy league at that point.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey there, I missed the last 3 or 4 seasons and wanted to ask if any of them were any good an worth to watch?

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Hey there, I missed the last 3 or 4 seasons and wanted to ask if any of them were any good an worth to watch?

32: Kaoh Rong (Brain v. Brawn v. Beauty 2)
33: Millennials v. Gen X
34: Game Changers
35: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers

32 is a very popular season with a really great new cast, and 33 that followed it continued this trend for sure. 34 has an overall really good returning player cast with a few dud choices, but is similar in tone to the original All Stars season. That's the best I can say without spoiling anything. Last season, 35, had a great all new cast as well but there was some controversy over a potentially game breaking twist. Still, if you like the show, I'd say just watch them in order at your own pace because to me, it's all worth catching up on.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm rooting for Kellyn, Wendell, Donathan, and Jacob.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna compete in the fantasy league but it's hard to get favorites without watching a few episodes.

Puts us all on an even playing field. Just go off your gut instincts for the archetypes you tend to enjoy watching or believe will go far. Only another hour or two to register and be a part of it for the season or you're locked out.

When you're picking people, you'll see this next to each contestant that will help you make picks:
hsN0580.png

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a head's up; don't watch between 61 and 90 seconds of the opening if you don't want to be spoiled on two players making the swap.
Wait what? Aren't the openings just a player name montage? How could they spoil 2 of the merge players just from that? (I haven't seen anything yet).

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? Aren't the openings just a player name montage? How could they spoil 2 of the merge players just from that? (I haven't seen anything yet).
I believe he's referring to the opening 4 minutes of the first episode that has been released.

Oct 27, 2017
Puts us all on an even playing field. Just go off your gut instincts for the archetypes you tend to enjoy watching or believe will go far. Only another hour or two to register and be a part of it for the season or you're locked out.

When you're picking people, you'll see this next to each contestant that will help you make picks:
hsN0580.png
Didn't really get any vibes but I made a team, I know for a fact that a few of my choices won't win but I don't care.

We back?

Missed opportunity to name the thread - Survivor: Ghost Islands | OT | Ghost Loads

That's a hella large amount of gifs in the OP though; glad to see them going back to a "normal" format without all the flash and fanfare of pre-game splitting into nonsense labeling of starter tribes.

Kudos for starting the league but I'm gonna pass on it this round. I tend to pick players I want to win rather than should win most of the time anyway hahaha.

Based on the above gifs in the OP:

First Boot - I dunno... maybe Stephanie J (yoga instructor), Bradley?
Rooting For - Jacob, Domenick, Morgan, Desiree

Let's go!

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
"I guess they saw some good qualities in me."

I read pre-game stuff and lol no

Oct 25, 2017
Now these are the kind of twists that are fun. This challenge setup and the dynamics it creates are really interesting.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I personally hate these kinds of puzzles. Lol. And good luck to everyone who is in the league

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Let's count the number of times "advantage" is said this season.

I say over 50.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
How could anyone tell its going to be a bad decision? That isn't on Chris lol

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Normally I don't like Episode 1 lies... but I think Michael made the correct call on that front so long as he doesn't spill that he's 18 in a pointless fashion at a later date.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Donathan gets to be Always Subtitled Guy this season