• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Malolo doesn't even exist anymore and Probst is still trying to milk "reverse the curse"

Oct 25, 2017
"This would be the first win from orange in a long time" Jeff says about a team created for this challenge only about 10 minutes ago.

I ponder aloud to myself sometimes if Probst has taken to wearing a hidden earpiece at Tribal the last few years so somebody on staff can remind him in real time which player is which when questioning them.

Don't get me wrong, his enthusiasm is infectious but at times you've really gotta wonder...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ponder aloud to myself sometimes if Probst has taken to wearing a hidden earpiece at Tribal the last few years so somebody on staff can remind him in real time which player is which when questioning them.

Don't get me wrong, his enthusiasm is infectious but at times you've really gotta wonder...
It'd be weirder if he wasn't.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
And now it's time for "Desiree Talks Herself Out Of The Game"

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Player who is invisible most of the season wants to make a big move*

*Player who is invisible most of the season gets voted out*

They really need to rebalance the editing, there's no suspense.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
What a train wreck that was. Des really blew up her own game. Oh well, she wasn't one of my favourites.

Man, Libby looked amazing at tribal.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that was horrible. Interesting episode but not really much to talk about because it was very straight forward in what lead to the downfall.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Dez is a horrible liar....
Her panic and change when Wendell showed up effectively sold me on the idea that she is going this episode.

As the episode progressed i was just looking forward to tribal to see how she would weasel her way out.

Her lying technique seemed to get worse as pretty much everyone who was part of her plan turned.

In the post interview her say "They could tell I was lyin?'" cracked me up so hard....because watching there was no way anyone would believe she wasnt lyin.

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen a bigger cast of goats than this since One World. Laurel scurrying off to Dom like a pet dog after consciously knowing how dangerous Dom+Wendall are. It's like people have the smarts to realize what's going on yet still don't take any action to do anything about it.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen a bigger cast of goats than this since One World. Laurel scurrying off to Dom like a pet dog after consciously knowing how dangerous Dom+Wendall are. It's like people have the smarts to realize what's going on yet still don't take any action to do anything about it.

I feel like this vote out could shake things up. It seemed like the girls felt secure because those three had a secure alliance and it was possibly better than Wendel and Dom who everyone saw as a threat. With Des now going, they won't really have that girl alliance to fall back on so they have to start thinking of what they'll do moving forward.

Laurel, I wish we could see more of what she thinks she has going with an alliance. We haven't seen the Dom/Wendel/Donathan/Laurel group together in what feels like a long time, but Laurel seems to still think highly of it. But we know from this episode Dom didn't really think the same of it because he was surprised when it was Laurel "of all people" to come to him. Though this could be just making it look like he doesn't have her on his side to Kellyn.

With two people going next episode and Kellyn not being able to rely on that girl alliance I could see things getting shaken up in the next episode.

Oct 25, 2017

No, Laurel going with Dom/Wendell makes sense. She's tight with them, and everyone knows that they're threats. In her position her best bet is to try and whittle off the other Naviti players, and then take out Wendell and Dom closer to the end when she can do it to guarantee herself a spot at the end. So making sure that it was Dez going rather than Michael was a great move for her game.

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017

One World will never be topped. One single power player just absolutely dominated everyone with no challengers. Dom and Wendell are at least both power players, and the edit had made Kellyn seem like she was pretty powerful as well until this episode where she barely avoided a vicious backstab. I do think Michael is busy playing the role of Troyzan in this analogy though - I'd like for him to go far, but I just don't see a path to it. He needs to become useful to Dom and Wendell and stay there (granted, that seems to be what he's trying to do right now).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tired of listening to these awful players going on about their shitty "blindsides."

This season seems irredeemable.

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017
Kellyn really hates the shit out of Michael for some reason lol.

She sees him as a threat because she doesn't want him to form a boys alliance with Dom and Wendell. Of course, has that ever happen? We have a girls alliance like every other season but I don't think I remember there ever being a boys alliance that was formed and held together on the virtue of gender. They tend to call them strength alliances and quickly backstab each other, right? Which should be no threat to Kellyn.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Des really blew up her game, and it was really awkward to watch her dig herself into a deeper and deeper hole. She shouldn't have quadrupled down on her terrible lie, but I don't know what else she could have done to save face, honestly.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I do think Michael is busy playing the role of Troyzan in this analogy though - I'd like for him to go far, but I just don't see a path to it. He needs to become useful to Dom and Wendell and stay there (granted, that seems to be what he's trying to do right now).

Except unlike Troyzan, Michael would absolutely win if he made final tribal.

Anyone else find Kellyn extremely repellant? Her entire attitude is just vomitous.

Her "Naviti strong" attitude is starting to ruin this season for me. The post-merge needs a shakeup and she won't let it happen.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else find Kellyn extremely repellant? Her entire attitude is just vomitous.
I don't mind her. I think she's a strong all-around player and a decent narrator. She thinks she's better than she actually is, but also seems able to cop to some insecurities. Her Naviti-strong plan was boring for us, but smart for her. If someone like her is in charge from the get-go and makes it to the end while forging real personal bonds, she has a good shot at winning. And if she fails, we get to watch the queen overthrown.

She's not one of my favorites this season--honestly, she's near the bottom of my list--but she's the kind of player who I want to be on every season.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think she came accross as dumber than she was simply because as viewers we KNEW she was being lied to and falling for it, but I actually thought Des was doing a fantastic job of lying through her teeth until she flipped out for no reason about it and then smashed her own chances at the tribal. When it was just the three ladies in the woods she sold it perfectly, and I think it's understandable that Kellyn believed it.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Kellyn does seem to be overly confident, arrogant and ignorant. She's tough to cheer for. I wouldn't have been upset to have seen her get blindsided, or outed in any way last night.

Des' lying was atrocious, though, and she torpedoed her own game. She probably wouldn't have gone home if she hadn't done what she did.

Sebastian is still annoying. Donathan is growing on me, and seems like a good person, but can also be annoying. I don't really know who I'm cheering for anymore, because none of these players are especially likeable. Maybe Michael, but I don't know.

Ganhyun

Oct 26, 2017
did they preview the next episode? I watch on cbs.com the day after and normally it plays a preview of the next episode for me but didnt this time and i dont see if on their site.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Also this happened last night:

what if Boston Rob convinced Jeff to chill out on the idols

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Post-merge you shouldn't be tossing Idols back in until you're down to just 1 or fewer in play.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
There's three idols in play, correct?

Wendell, Dom and Donathan? Michael doesn't have anymore? No one found any on the down low? There aren't five secret ones in a tree somewhere?

And then Kellyn also has an extra vote?