• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hadrian

Dec 20, 2017
I binged the season yesterday after hearing that the season was really good. It felt really nice getting back into Survivor and this season has lived up to its reputation. The cast was really decent and has to have some of the most even editing of all time. A player like Christian, who I would normally dislike, I found tolerable as he was not shoved down our faces. Props to the Survivor editing team for actually doing a proper edit.

The gameplay this season was crazy. Wow so many awesome and exciting tribal councils. I honestly felt like majority of the time I had no clue who was leaving. The season still has modern survivors critical flaw of to many idols and advantages but the players did not sit on them. The players actively played the game when they needed to and it worked out well.

Looking forward to the finale. I think Nick or Davie have it in the bag but who knows with this season. I'm still a bit apprehensive about the show and hope that this season was not a fluke. Lets hope they keep the momentum in editing but it will be difficult with next seasons theme.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Nick Offerman was almost on a season of Survivor.

Him and Megan Mulally were on the new Conan O'Brien podcast and they talked about their obsession with Survivor and how they've gone to the last couple Finale's. Nick says he was actually in talks to be on a season but had a role come up that made him unavailable.

He thinks he wouldn't be good at the game, but he'd want to go on. Megan thinks he'd be good socially and around the camp, but he isn't manipulative. Sounds like they were in deep enough talks because he talks of some of his worries with the loved ones visit, Megan not being able to visit him if he got voted out and talking about complications of coming home after the game(not sure what these were).

Would be pretty cool.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
As the Big Brother season went on Vegas seemed more and more untrustworthy. They would constantly make claims that could never be confirmed or could just be easily hand waived away if they didn't happen. I would just take with a grain of salt. Would constantly delete and repost tweets to change the wording of things over and over again and then go back and delete stuff they said that never came true. They just seemed to constantly be playing a guessing game.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
As the Big Brother season went on Vegas seemed more and more untrustworthy. They would constantly make claims that could never be confirmed or could just be easily hand waived away if they didn't happen. I would just take with a grain of salt. Would constantly delete and repost tweets to change the wording of things over and over again and then go back and delete stuff they said that never came true. They just seemed to constantly be playing a guessing game.

lol it would still be entertaining if it was true but yeah

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Vegas has a history of being 80% right, 20% insane bullshit lol

There was a big post on the BB Subreddit near the end of the season last season that made a lot of good points about how it looked like either their job/roll changed or they were caught and fired or made basically pointless midway through the season. There was a certain point that basically her info became like 80% wrong un-provable and she started posting more and more about what Production was doing instead of the HG's.

I still wouldn't say she's 100% unbelievable, but it really seemed as the season went on she became less and less reliable.

That being said, I'd love for it to be true.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when the Davids had the majority briefly like three weeks ago? What a clusterfuck.

Mike is playing a hell of a game.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Alison is eliminated on the way to F3 and Mike doesn't get eliminated on the way to F3, he may have this. Holy crap.

Oct 25, 2017
We are well on our way to an unlikable winner and probably going to get a winner that was just stubborn and never got punished for it. How many alliances has Mike made and then not committed to with a vote and he is still in the game? It's not good gameplay. It's everyone else around you is shitty.

Gabby and Christian blew this for the Davids. They should have got rid of the Goliath strongs that haven't done shit all game but stay goliath strong and be wrong on so many votes and get outplayed so hard by Carl/Nick/Davie.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Angelina doing all this acting when everyone knows about her actually having the idol anyways lol

EDIT: hey, its "Mateo" :)

Oct 25, 2017
Now we find out who is going to be automatically making the final 3 and who will beat Kara in the fire making challenge.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
She might not have gotten much screentime or given great confessionals but I bet she was popular with the jury.
Okay. This does make sense to me. I feel like she was in the background a lot and not really important so she wasn't all that popular. So it is a matter of the editing that fooled me.

Mike is very, very well-oiff. Alison is a pallatative Oncologist.

Mike vs Nick vs Kara/Angelina could be the bitchiest FTC ever lol, and just from the two guys sniping.

Lol. Well I am looking forward to how this FTC will turn out. And considering that Mike is well off, that is a little more surprising. I feel like there are plenty of casts that are more willing to drop someone who is less likely to need the money.

Hadrian

Dec 20, 2017
I liked Nick for the entire season but hes worn on me this episode. I think its the 3 wins in the row just makes him win more and more obvious. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The editing has been pretty good this season but if Kara's eliminated it kinda confirms they're treating the F4 boots like Survivor Australia treats the F3 boots (underediting the final eliminated player so the audience doesn't feel bad when they go home- this trick is often used w/ Idol Victims as well.) And that's a shame. Hopefully next season is the last with this dumb change.

edit: lol Angelina.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they've just completely dispensed with the vote part.
Been the case since this dumbass twist was introduced 2 seasons ago.

If Mike or Kara win the game, it goes to Dalton Ross's criticism that Idol plays and winning Fire are way more impressive to the jury than IC wins because the jury sees those live.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, for a lot of this season I thought Kara was the winner. She got those early-episode confessionals that usually her character type only gets when they win.