• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Nick won, he deserved it among those three, although Mike honestly made the better moves in the last few episodes. And yay me I ended up second place on the fantasy league somehow lol.

Angelina is the worst. I can't stand phony people like that, no matter how "entertaining" they make television (she didn't to me).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanted davie to win

Damn did it hurt to see such a likeable guy go. I am totally put off by the final cast outside of Nick.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like the way he acted in the final stretch. He was arrogant beyond belief and didn't really seem to play a good game. He backstabbed his allies and was such a non-threat in their eyes that he didn't get punished when he clearly should have.

I really only see him as backstabbing Davie/Nick and it was to get Davie out which made sense. Him and Angelina had pretty much fully gotten away from the Goliaths for a while at that point. They were both blindsided by the Carl vote.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Sad Davie lost and went out so quietly. Such a humble, cheery sweetheart. I wish I had a friend like Davie, he just seems like such a good bro.

Angelina seems like such a petty person in real life. Im surprised she called herself a POC, I actually thought she was just white lol

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
They manage to bring the goat all the way through. But once Davie got bounce, it was going to Nick. Mike wasn't going to pick up the David vote, who he sent most of them to the bench as it is.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the order of likely winners was Davie->Nick/Allison->Mike w/ Kara/Angelina the goats. (Kara had like no game to actually sell to the jury.)

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best season in a long long time. Potentially top 5 of all time.

Nick is a fine winner but my least preferred of the final 3. Mike would've been phenomenal and Angelina would've been out of nowhere but amazing. Nick's game felt sloppy ever since the Dan vote whereas Mike was solidly in control for most votes where it really counted.

Overall cast ranking:
Mike
Angelina
Christian
John
Alec
Nick
Davie
Natalie

Natalia
Dan
Gabby
Alison

Elisabeth
Lyrsa
Kara
Jessica
Bi

Pat
Jeremy
Carl

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I will say I was surprised to see Davie give his vote to Nick over Mike, especially when he was so clear that his vote was going to whoever got him out.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
My fiancée and I were just talking about how Edge of Extinction was giving us serious Ghost Island vibes, and I sort of realized that I remembered almost nothing about Ghost Island. She started quizzing me, and it was rough.

I remember there was a Dominick, a Wendell, and a Donathan. I remember liking Donathan. That is it.

It was so bad that, during the final vote reading for DvG, I actually said "huh. I wonder what would happen if there was a tie between two players here at the Final 3. Has that ever happened?" She had to remind me that it literally just happened.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Angelina hands down is one of my most hated contestants in a long time.

Something about her personality just put me off this entire season.

I'm always confused how you can someone who looks to be in decent shape just be completely inept in any sort of physical challenge.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
So no contraband controversy?

This has been Vegas' schtick since about half way through the BB season. She posts random behind the scenes stuff that can't be confirmed and says the producers are flipping out, then when nothing happens tries to say it will be addressed later or something changed.

Vegas has been wrong in the last year more than they've been right. They just delete a lot of the wrong posts and double back and change what they say about a lot of stuff.

Boring Season is boring and Mike should have won this. He did more in the game than Nick did

This is certainly a take.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Why did everyone in the game kept saying that Alison had to go because she'd win if she got to the final three?

I don't remember her having any game, very much like Kara.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Why did everyone in the game kept saying that Alison had to go because she'd win if she got to the final three?

I don't remember her having any game, very much like Kara.

It sounded like she had a lot of strong personal relationships. I think they were also worried about her getting David votes because of her being close with Gabby and Christian.

Could also be as simple as wanting a reason to vote her out, or perception on the island being different.

Oct 2, 2018
Angelina hands down is one of my most hated contestants in a long time.

Something about her personality just put me off this entire season.

I'm always confused how you can someone who looks to be in decent shape just be completely inept in any sort of physical challenge.

She was very ingratiating and she comes across as very smug and irritating. I think she might have seen that in herself is she watched the show because she was annoying as fuck to my flatmate and I. Everything she says is tone deaf and obnoxious.

Oct 2, 2018
I didn't like the way he acted in the final stretch. He was arrogant beyond belief and didn't really seem to play a good game. He backstabbed his allies and was such a non-threat in their eyes that he didn't get punished when he clearly should have.

But that's the game. I would have voted for Mike to win. Nick was just oh shucks I'm a good guy who got blindslided (because the others were playing strategically). He would have been voted out if he had won all those back to back challenges because Nick had no game. He couldn't even keep his alliances.

Oct 27, 2017
So that last season was likely my favorite of the ones I've seen, but I only started at 31.

I'm looking at Amazon and see they have seasons 12 through 28 available for streaming through Prime, which ones should I check out?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So that last season was likely my favorite of the ones I've seen, but I only started at 31.

I'm looking at Amazon and see they have seasons 12 through 28 available for streaming through Prime, which ones should I check out?
28 and 29, and go back to 25 later once you've seen some earlier ones.

From 1-20, 1,2,4,6,7,10,15,16(half all star, wait till you've seen prior ones), 17,18,19,20 are all good.

Oct 28, 2017

1-10ish is a different game really. I'd say start with 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. 13 has some important characters worth knowing to make later seasons better.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand why Nick was so afraid of Allison

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say its worth watching one of the first three seasons. Its a completely different game. In comparison to now, they definitely coddle them more and focus less on the survival part, more on the player interaction.

I really don't understand why Nick was so afraid of Allison
She may of had a lot left on the editing floor. She wasn't particularly interesting, but that could have been why. Another person didn't really offend anyone and got through on good terms with most, similar to Nick. After Davie, between Mike, Kara, and Angeline. She was the only real threat to him. Mike pushed too hard and had too many double crosses, Kara did nothing, and Angeline was the goat for the entire game

Last edited:

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
It amazed me how egocentric and selfish Angelina was and that she has absolutely no awareness of that. What a terrible player. She was obviously pandering to try and get jury votes at every chance she could get and everyone saw right through it.

One of my least favorite Survivors in a long, long time.

I'm glad Nick won. I wanted to like Mike, but he was so rude and selfish toward the end. He got super catty toward everyone, I'm amazed he wasn't voted out sooner. Out of the last few, Davie was my preferred, but Nick was a second place.

Oct 2, 2018
It amazed me how egocentric and selfish Angelina was and that she has absolutely no awareness of that. What a terrible player. She was obviously pandering to try and get jury votes at every chance she could get and everyone saw right through it.

One of my least favorite Survivors in a long, long time.

Angelina raised her hand and tried to get in on the reunion show when Jeff was asking who else felt misrepresented but they didn't spend time on her. I cant imagine her enjoying watching herself come across being really horrible on screen... when she kinda is.

Oct 27, 2017
28 and 29, and go back to 25 later once you've seen some earlier ones.

From 1-20, 1,2,4,6,7,10,15,16(half all star, wait till you've seen prior ones), 17,18,19,20 are all good.
1-10ish is a different game really. I'd say start with 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. 13 has some important characters worth knowing to make later seasons better.
I'd say its worth watching one of the first three seasons. Its a completely different game. In comparison to now, they definitely coddle them more and focus less on the survival part, more on the player interaction.
Thanks friends. I might just end up watching all of them, but I don't want to get burnt out.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks friends. I might just end up watching all of them, but I don't want to get burnt out.
You definitely will if you watch them too quickly, but on the other hand I think it's nice to see the differences. Like, in my head the game has all these minor changes over time, but then you go back and watch season 1 and it's INSANE how different it is, and this carries through for years. I'm sure I think in my head season 20 is really similar to now and it'sstill probably quite noticeably different.

I think 1-15ish really were the glory years, but I'm totally happy with the style the show has now too, although not always the individual seasons.

I think the older seasons did a much better job fostering interesting, memorable characters out of people though. This season felt like it was starting to harken back to that ,but it was still a lot more gameplay heavy, that's just the nature of it these daYs.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Redmond has a new update on how the Isle of Extinction will work (scroll to bottom of article.)

312.jpg

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
So, we will get normal premerge, but completely conservative post merge since not only they will be the jury but can get back to the game.

This is such an unnecesary and risky change from the normal game dynamics, the season could be ok, but seems like a question of stars aligning. So many things can go wrong in this (and definitely they will).

The only potential postive side to this is that we will most definitely get some big messy personalities that normally get kicked out soon, to stick around and create some chaos.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Press info started dropping on the new season yesterday. As usual, happy to take the season 38 thread if no one objects. I typically put it up 3-5 days before the season starts (February 20th). Here is some info we have so far, that I'm keeping as close to spoiler free as possible.

YouTube - Season Preview
THR - 'Survivor: Edge of Extinction': Everything to Know About Season 38
EW - Survivor host Jeff Probst explains Edge of Extinction twist
YouTube - Meet the 4 Returning Castaways

Also some cool First One Out podcasts by Josh Wigler on Rob Has a Website.

And as usual, once Survivor Fantasy is back up, I'll create a league and post it here ASAP and then copy it over to the actual OT so people have time to join and pick.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly how does Survivor Fantasy even work with the Island of Extinction