• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about the chance of CBS doing a David vs Goliath 2 season and for some reason I couldn't help but think that if they did it they'd use it as a returnee season. (Basically a reversal of what they did with Blood vs Water with it going returnee to newbie seasons) I could see them liking the theme and Jeff wanting to use it as a way to bring back the comp beasts that he loves so much and put them with winners on a Goliath tribe.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching season 26, Caramoan, and fuck it's a good season. I forgot how much of an idiot Brandon was. And how ludicrously pretty Brenda is.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about the chance of CBS doing a David vs Goliath 2 season and for some reason I couldn't help but think that if they did it they'd use it as a returnee season. (Basically a reversal of what they did with Blood vs Water with it going returnee to newbie seasons) I could see them liking the theme and Jeff wanting to use it as a way to bring back the comp beasts that he loves so much and put them with winners on a Goliath tribe.
Champs vs Challengers is a pretty obvious S40 theme- tribe of winners vs a tribe of strong players who didn't win.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
He got hit pretty hard by the Cagayan experience and took a long time to recover. He might have made some life changes after having a kid that play into it. (young Tony was a... very very big guy.)

I think from interviews around the time the thought that was he might not want to do it again just for the mental stability. Like he's a very all in or all out kind of guy and him wanting to go all in and play on 34 and then just nobody wanting to work with it killed his drive to play.

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda think telling people about that idol mighth ave sealed the deal. He's a smart guy though - there's definitely a chance he makes it out of this.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Christian seems like the type that would get cut at Final 5. I would guess he is good at making fire, expecting everyone to get nervous about him getting to 4.

If he gets the right kind of immunity challenge, he could pull out a win.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how bad I ended up feeling for Brandon Hantz during his seasons. He clearly seems to have a terrible home life, and his family sounds like the fucking worst. When his dad came for the family visit, it was uncanny how he was instantly bullying Coach in the exact same way Russell used to. Brandon clearly never had a chance, and wanted to do good things, but you get the sense he's been surrounded by anger and shitty tempers his entire life. It's fascinating and a little heartbreaking to see him struggle in real time against his urge to be confrontational all the time.

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot how bad I ended up feeling for Brandon Hantz during his seasons. He clearly seems to have a terrible home life, and his family sounds like the fucking worst. When his dad came for the family visit, it was uncanny how he was instantly bullying Coach in the exact same way Russell used to. Brandon clearly never had a chance, and wanted to do good things, but you get the sense he's been surrounded by anger and shitty tempers his entire life. It's fascinating and a little heartbreaking to see him struggle in real time against his urge to be confrontational all the time.

He clearly thought he should be a type of player that he just wasn't. It was a bit saddening. His dad seemed like a real piece of garbage who just loves Russell and was supremely disappointed in Brandon.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
He clearly thought he should be a type of player that he just wasn't. It was a bit saddening. His dad seemed like a real piece of garbage who just loves Russell and was supremely disappointed in Brandon.
The idea that family members would be legitimately disappointed in their kid for not playing Survivor well is one of the most pathetic thoughts haha. His whole family seems like trash.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Champs vs Challengers is a pretty obvious S40 theme- tribe of winners vs a tribe of strong players who didn't win.
Could do a pretty decent Survivor: David vs Goliath 2 with a mix of returnees and winners. Although this could go after S40 of course.

Davids
David Wright S33
Ken Hoang S17
Michael Yerger S36
Todd Herzog S15*
Judd 'Fabio' Birza S21*
Hannah Shapiro S33
Alecia Holden S32
Sierra Reed S18
Holly Hoffman S21
Natalie Anderson S29*

Goliaths
Christian Hubicki S37
Jon Misch S29
Domenick Abate S36
Rodney Lavoie, Jr. S30
Earl Cole S14*
Carolyn Rivera S30
Alexandrea 'Ali' Elliott S35
Chrissy Hofbeck S35
Denise Stapley S25*
Kim Spradlin S24*

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After watching China for the first time a couple of months ago I'd love to see Todd come back. Him, Courtney, and Amanda are probably one of my favorite Survivor final 3's ever.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. That final three was amazing, and Courtney is still probably my favorite Survivor ever—rivaled only by a nicknamed duo from the most recent season of Australian Survivor (though recency bias may play into that).

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know all the reasons they stay where they are, but I wouldn't mind them changing the locations up a bit again. The way they used to base the challenges and rewards around some of the culture around them was always interesting.

Also, as I'm re-watching season 26, Fans vs Favorites, and listening to Corrine keep saying she wants to work with Michael because he's "a gay, and I love the gays" is one of the most cringe inducing things. Every time she says it around him, you can see on his face how much he wants to slap her. It's miraculous how far we've come in a few short years, that would never make it to air now.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Per Jeff the rule for the Nullifier is that if there's a match it is revealed immediately and it only cancels one Idol.

Oct 28, 2017
I know all the reasons they stay where they are, but I wouldn't mind them changing the locations up a bit again. The way they used to base the challenges and rewards around some of the culture around them was always interesting.

Also, as I'm re-watching season 26, Fans vs Favorites, and listening to Corrine keep saying she wants to work with Michael because he's "a gay, and I love the gays" is one of the most cringe inducing things. Every time she says it around him, you can see on his face how much he wants to slap her. It's miraculous how far we've come in a few short years, that would never make it to air now.

I think it would definitely air, though someone may be more likely to not say it nowadays.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched last week's episode. Fuck the goliaths and thank god for david. So tiring seeing goliaths say alright this is the week, and then being a bitch and backing out.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched last week's episode. Fuck the goliaths and thank god for david. So tiring seeing goliaths say alright this is the week, and then being a bitch and backing out.
This was what murdered Hannah in MvGX- repeatedly doing that can really screw your jury chances if others in the F3 haven't been doing that.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Angelina's opening confessional was pretty much BB3 Lisa's Princess of Darkness speech.

*looks at when BB3 aired*

Oh god Im so old now lol

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone: Christian is kind of a threat despite not being a challenge threat.

Christian: Look at this amazing physical performance guys.