• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Christian is the best, holy shit. How do you Filibuster an Immunity Challenge? I love it.

Alec's super sad story here is lame. He's sad he's gonna be voted out? Well big deal! Everyone is sad when that happens.

I think it'll work, though, and Carl is going.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christian is right about Alec providing him with a meat shield, but the question here comes down to the numbers.
Yup, the John boot was very bad for him personally because of that.

If they do flip, "do you loop in Angelina so she doesn't effectively become Davie/Nick's third wheel?" is a very interesting Q.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was wrong. I think the Davids probably made the right move. I'm really starting to have trouble seeing what Christian's path to victory is. He's just too popular. Still leaning towards Nick, Gabby, or Davie.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was wrong. I think the Davids probably made the right move. I'm really starting to have trouble seeing what Christian's path to victory is. He's just too popular. Still leaning towards Nick, Gabby, or Davie.
Win ICs, play Idols, make sure you're not expendable numbers-wise as much as humanly possible.

Oct 25, 2017

Nick feels like he has the "winner's edit" to me if anyone does.

Christian's path is pretty tough; it would probably require him winning at least two more challenges unless some really wonky things happen with alliances.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Carl done gone. Don't see him winning immunity and he doesn't appear to be attuned to the bad news coming his way.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Win ICs, play Idols, make sure you're not expendable numbers-wise as much as humanly possible.

Yeah, I guess I should rephrase. A path exists, I'm just not sure it's a likely path. But then...all it takes is one episode for the story to change, so I'm not crazy confident.

Nick feels like he has the "winner's edit" to me if anyone does.

Christian's path is pretty tough; it would probably require him winning at least two more challenges unless some really wonky things happen with alliances.

I really felt good about Nick, but he's been pretty near invisible these last two episodes.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but it's good for your edit to be hidden when you choose to eat instead of competing in the challenge.

Fair point.

I'm not super confident in anyone really. I've never been great at reading the edit. But I picked Nick early, and I love Christian, and that's basically what's guiding me at this point.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. They're playing hard. Are there even any goats left?
Mike because he doesn't need the money.
I think Mike is a way bigger goat than Angelina because I can actually see her getting some votes in the end.
Angelina actually got into Survivor because she's personal friends with Adam Klein. Hilariously, her gameplay post-merge is basically his- he was on the wrong side of virtually every postmerge vote, and she's having the same pattern happen w/ everything going wrong every time she tries to make a move with people. Adam proves you can win out of a position like that because when you're on the wrong side every vote you never actually break alliances, but he had two goats and (unfortunately) a secret sob story nuke to drop at FTC. There's not a second obvious goat. She doesn't have a sob story. It's not impossible, but if she pulls it off she probably needs to have one of the best FTC performances in Survivor history given just how strong the players are this season.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Mike because he doesn't need the money.

Angelina actually got into Survivor because she's personal friends with Adam Klein. Hilariously, her gameplay post-merge is basically his- he was on the wrong side of virtually every postmerge vote, and she's having the same pattern happen w/ everything going wrong every time she tries to make a move with people. Adam proves you can win out of a position like that because when you're on the wrong side every vote you never actually break alliances, but he had two goats and (unfortunately) a secret sob story nuke to drop at FTC. There's not a second obvious goat. She doesn't have a sob story. It's not impossible, but if she pulls it off she probably needs to have one of the best FTC performances in Survivor history given just how strong the players are this season.
I did not know about the Adam thing that's cool. I agree with you that she is a long shot but I actually think she has a slim chance depending on how things go but I'm definitely leaning towards Christian/Davie/Nick.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You just knew Carl was gone when Angelina was going to bat for him. I kind of admire her scrappiness sometimes in an Eliza sort of way, but man is Angelina out of sync with this season.

Was surprising how much Christian relied on Mike to get this 5-4 vote through. Mike is a super sketchy character after what he pulled with that squad thing awhile back. There's definitely more going on between Christian and Mike than it seems.

I wish Mike wasn't under-edited so much after the merge. The guy isn't winning this thing, but he's like this weird wild card where we don't know where he's going to be played. Seems like the kind of person you drag to the end, but he's so all-over-the-place you kinda do it at your own peril.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I think this was a weird move for Christian. He said that Carl and Alec were threats and I can understand getting rid of one of them but now that they're both gone he has no meatshields left in the game. He is basically the biggest threat left in the game and I can't see Davie, Nick, or Mike wanting to take him to the final 5 (Especially since they built up the Nick/Mike alliance in earlier episodes)

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this was a weird move for Christian. He said that Carl and Alec were threats and I can understand getting rid of one of them but now that they're both gone he has no meatshields left in the game. He is basically the biggest threat left in the game and I can't see Davie, Nick, or Mike wanting to take him to the final 5 (Especially since they built up the Nick/Mike alliance in earlier episodes)
Keeping Alec was the best move for him and he didnt do it.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaan this season is really good.

Betrayal by Gabby next week?! :O Girl might be ready to slay.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I think Christian made a serious misplay 1) revealing his idol when he knows he's already viewed as a huge threat and 2) voting out Alec. Alec was a bit of a snake, but he wasn't so much you couldn't work with him.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those were great episodes, and this season continues to be really good. I hope it can maintain that momentum for these last couple of episodes.

I always love a good blindside, and that 'bing' at the end they did was perfect lol. Next week should be interesting.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How DARE Gabby turn on Christian (if preview is accurate)

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird they're doing all these water challenges and they still haven't given them bathing suits.

Merge has absolutely killed my fantasy team. Down to just 3 people lol

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
It's weird they're doing all these water challenges and they still haven't given them bathing suits.

Yup I'm 80 points behind and haven't been able to actually make a decision on it since like week 4. They really need to fix this. We pick players based on basically nothing yet there's no interactivity once you actually learn about them.

Oct 28, 2017
She is playing hard, but not really succeeding. In the position where others are just bigger targets and she isn't seemed as a threat. Nor is she making friends.

I suspect she is friends with many of them. She's perhaps not making allies, but that can change in a flash. I'd say she's got an alright shot to win, even, if she can play well for the rest of the game and turn things around.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm seeing Angelina as more of a goat. I think the stuff with the coat and how the tribe instantly went too jury management when she talked to Elizabeth just shows how the perception of her is back at camp. She seems like she's doing every thing she can to make it through the next tribal while not really making connections and it seems like everybody is aware of that?

Maybe I'm just looking too much into the interactions, but it just seems like she's trying to talk about this team building stuff and comradery but everyone just seems to smile and nod and not really engage.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping Carl would survive just to see Gabby have yet another meltdown. She is so annoying, it would be a shame if she were to win it. Hoping for Christian but I don't think there's any way that he even makes it near the final three. He has too much of a target on himself.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I can only see Angelina winning against Gabbie and maybe Mike in the FTC, all the rest have better perception from the jury members. But I honestly don't see any David not voting for a David in FTC.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I am somehow in second place on the resetera league lol. Nick, Mike and Christian are gonna carry my ass.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm glad Carl is gone, and was disappointed when Alec went first over him. Carl's been an ass almost the entire season, and he needed to be taken out.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Also, props on them finally actually going through with an endurance comps. Feels like forever since they've actually had one designed and actually ready to go a while. No stepping up difficulty to speed it up, no arbitrary outs, just an endurance comp.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Also, props on them finally actually going through with an endurance comps. Feels like forever since they've actually had one designed and actually ready to go a while. No stepping up difficulty to speed it up, no arbitrary outs, just an endurance comp.
Yeah, that waz refreshing, and imptessive. I'm assuming they delayed the tribal council to the next day to leave them time to scheme, is there a precedence to this?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Angelina bringing attention to very real issues with the "strand with clothes on back" stuff screwing over people randomly is a good thing. Raingear/swim gear needs to be given out very early in the season as a routine thing again.
This wasn't designed to go a while. TC got pushed back a day because it went so long. It only went 40-something minutes when they used it in KR.

This is why Palau's FIC killed endurance challenges off.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Angelina bringing attention to very real issues with the "strand with clothes on back" stuff screwing over people randomly is a good thing. Raingear/swim gear needs to be given out very early in the season as a routine thing again.

This wasn't designed to go a while. TC got pushed back a day because it went so long. It only went 40-something minutes when they used it in KR.

This is why Palau's FIC killed endurance challenges off.

Yeah, but a lot of other comps have not really been made to last long but they still add extra crap on top of it to make it even shorter. That alone was refreshing.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see Christian at FTC just to see him answer questions. I imagine there will be some elapsed time cuts.