• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on the last episode:

- I didn't realize Survivors could barter directly with Jeff for more rice. He's become akin to the game's god as well as its daddy.
- Jeff really seems to enjoy telling losing teams "Got nothing for ya" at the end of a reward challenge.
- I can't stand Angelina and the edit makes her seem like she's making really obvious and stupid moves, but she might just walk this one into the finale if people keep obsessing about other threats. She or Kara would be who I would take with me to the final council, though.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Thoughts on the last episode:

- I didn't realize Survivors could barter directly with Jeff for more rice. He's become akin to the game's god as well as its daddy.
- Jeff really seems to enjoy telling losing teams "Got nothing for ya" at the end of a reward challenge.
- I can't stand Angelina and the edit makes her seem like she's making really obvious and stupid moves, but she might just walk this one into the finale if people keep obsessing about other threats. She or Kara would be who I would take with me to the final council, though.

Rice bartering is rare but has happened. Jeff let this group off hyper easy. The last time a team blew its Rice Supply they lost almost everything

At the end of the day the production cannot let them totally starve

And got nothing for ya is a Jeff catch phrase he's said for a loooooong time now

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Rice bartering is rare but has happened. Jeff let this group off hyper easy. The last time a team blew its Rice Supply they lost almost everything

At the end of the day the production cannot let them totally starve

And got nothing for ya is a Jeff catch phrase he's said for a loooooong time now

Yeah, I was about to say. Didn't the last time he get pissed because they tried to offer barely anything and he took everything from them. I think it was because they were trying to not give up their fishing gear or something.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember the last time a tribe had rice problems Jeff took pretty much everything from them. This time the tribe was luckier.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The other brochachos are totally going to vote for Christian over everyone there. Those guys were fawning over him.

Oct 25, 2017
After getting caught up I'll just say I think even if Angelina makes it to the end, she won't get a single vote. I don't get the impression any one really enjoys playing with her.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Man, Christian's just going out of his way to make himself a target at every opportunity.
Hope he's ready to find some more idols after he plays his current one later tonight.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Well Christian should know damn well he's the one they are gunning for after all the help they offered Nick on trying to get into proper position.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Im Team nick

Gabby destroying her alliance lead annoyed me.

and Christian feels less likeable the stronger and more confident he gets

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Davie/Nick/Angelina/Mike actually use Alison as the back up plan. Christian's gonna be the only Alison vote.

Idol gets played, bye Gabi, Idol doesn't get played, bye Christian?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Mike and Angelina are going to make that final tribal council vote.
Just a matter of who survives out of everyone else to win the game against them.
Whoops I just realized I had a typo and had her name wrong. But yeah, even in the preview it feel like Mike and Angelina aren't really being focused on. If someone can bring them both in, they'd have to be a shoo-in.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Rooting for Davie, Nick, and Angelina. All 3 of them had some really good content this episode and I will be shocked if Christian somehow makes it the final 3.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops I just realized I had a typo and had her name wrong. But yeah, even in the preview it feel like Mike and Angelina aren't really being focused on. If someone can bring them both in, they'd have to be a shoo-in.
Nick had a web-only confessional last episode where he talked about deliberately killing off the other Davids and going with Mike/Angelina to the finals. Explains why he was all for the Jabeni+Davie F4 plan.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Im hoping for Davie or Nick to win. Christian is too much of a target

Also, it seems like the women are aligned together.

I really like Davie. Dude is such a nice guy

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Nick had a web-only confessional last episode where he talked about deliberately killing off the other Davids and going with Mike/Angelina to the finals. Explains why he was all for the Jabeni+Davie F4 plan.
Yeah, can't say that is a bad plan. I forgot their was web-only stuff. I think someone mentioned it to me before too.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, can't say that is a bad plan. I forgot their was web-only stuff. I think someone mentioned it to me before too.
Here was the confessional. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPWJJ7Cs_Q

After watching it, I had exactly one thought, and had to express it in meme form.
2ntehs.jpg

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Angelina's pitch to the jury... "I sacrificed my shot at an immunity when I was at no risk of getting voted out to get rice for the tribe. I tried to barter my vote to Natalie to get her coat. I was otherwise super annoying so people would want to take me to the end as a goat. That was my strategy. Also, I was a deciding vote to help boot Gabby from the game when she decided to commit game suicide."

Mike's pitch to the jury... "I spent the entire game waffling endlessly. I rallied the forces to get Christian booted some 5 tribals before he actually left. I was the first one out in every immunity challenge thus proving I was no threat to win. That was my strategy. I work in Hollywood, wrote School of Rock (which is now an award-winning musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber), was on Amazing Race twice and have lots of money. Also, I was a deciding vote to help boot Gabby from the game when she decided to commit game suicide."

Alison / Christian / Davie / Kara / Nick's pitch to the jury... "I'm not them."
Davie's additional pitch to the jury... "Hey, the season has my name in the theme. You've got to vote for me."

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Man the David's ate each other alive the moment they had any power. I would honestly be shocked if the final 3 isn't all Goliath at this point.

Why on earth would anyone vote a Goliath over Nick/Christian/Davie... all of whom have made many big moves?

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Angelina's pitch to the jury... "I sacrificed my shot at an immunity when I was at no risk of getting voted out to get rice for the tribe. I tried to barter my vote to Natalie to get her coat. I was otherwise super annoying so people would want to take me to the end as a goat. That was my strategy. Also, I was a deciding vote to help boot Gabby from the game when she decided to commit game suicide."

Mike's pitch to the jury... "I spent the entire game waffling endlessly. I rallied the forces to get Christian booted some 5 tribals before he actually left. I was the first one out in every immunity challenge thus proving I was no threat to win. That was my strategy. I work in Hollywood, wrote School of Rock (which is now an award-winning musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber), was on Amazing Race twice and have lots of money. Also, I was a deciding vote to help boot Gabby from the game when she decided to commit game suicide."

Alison / Christian / Davie / Kara / Nick's pitch to the jury... "I'm not them."
Davie's additional pitch to the jury... "Hey, the season has my name in the theme. You've got to vote for me."

It's weird how you make arguments by putting words into others' mouths that they would never say as if it proves a point.

Kara's winning chances died tonight. Gabby's out. Angelina has an outside chance of winning, and the edit frames her game with that outside edge.

She can win if Christian and Nick are out of the game by the FTC. Otherwise, it's one of them, easily.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Also, Angelina cracks me the fuck up.

"I don't want to make a big deal out of it."
"MOM I MISSED YOU I sacrificed myself for the rice."

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Angelina is reality TV casting perfection. And yes, she's hilarious.
Would honestly love to see her called back to play a second time.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm glad that Christian saved himself, and I hope that he'll win although they're gunning for him too hard for it to happen, I'd think. I liked Gabby, but am also kind of glad that her move backfired because it was against Christian whom she betrayed. It was smart of her to see comparisons to how he treats his girlfriend (well, it seems) and treated her throughout her time there though.

I hope that Mike won't come close to winning. He hasn't done much, and feels like he's a better player than he is. He also likely already has lots of money and can be annoying.

That anger on Carl's face going into an also during tribal council was also something else. Then again, he always was an asshole and good riddance.

I'm cheering for Christian first and foremost, Davy second and Kara third.

"enjoy the flight home, watch movies!"

christian I love you you strange, strange little man

That was possibly my favourite part of the episode. I love Christian, and that was great. So out of left field, too.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Angelina is reality TV casting perfection. And yes, she's hilarious.
Would honestly love to see her called back to play a second time.
In a great season where nearly every castaway has made for some good TV, she's easily my favorite. She's so reliably hilarious. It would make no sense if she wins (if she has any votes in hand, you have to think she'd talk her way out of them at FTC), but my god I want her to.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Sad to see her go but she picked the wrong week to try hard IMO.

Christian is probably gone week after next. Don't know who's winning it at this point. Thinking it might be Nick or Davie at this point.

edit: wait, just two weeks left? Bah I'm flying to Vegas on the 19th :(

Oct 27, 2017
I really want Christian to pull this off. He's been an obvious threat from the literal second the game started but is somehow well liked and incredibly entertaining.

Also that fucking editing with him looking Gabby in the eye before playing his idol, amazing.

Edit: Actually the editing has been really on point this season. Gabby her telling her mom she'll be done "soon" was emphasized, along with the whole "true love" thing and the like, letting you think her decision to turn on Christian could be jealousy in a subtle manner. It's really fun to watch.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I love how Christian basically read Gabby's body language and face to decide whether or not it was time to play the idol.

Oct 2, 2018
Christian fucked his own game voting out Carl - it made no sense to do so last week and this week he's paying for it when Gabby's tried to turn on him. Now that's she's out, he's in an alliance of 3, and the others all want him out anyhow and he has no chance of making the final 3.

Gabby's illogical crying last episode was hard to watch - you have the numbers - why vote out one of your own.

Either way, the two of them, gabby and christian both fucked their own games this past 2 episodes.

Angelina right now is the GOAT. No one likes her, she'll never win. Won't get a vote at final tribal. I'm guessing Mike, Nick or Davy for the win this season