• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Davie looking out for my boy Christian. I respect Gabby for going out swinging, it was a big move that almost worked. Even though I want to see Christian win, I think his ponderosa would be incredible.

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
Was it just me or did Gabby's edit change after seeing Christian with his girlfriend? She seemed a little hurt by it (maybe jealous?) and starting going hard to get him out. Eh, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I did notice a change after the reunion bit.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was it just me or did Gabby's edit change after seeing Christian with his girlfriend? She seemed a little hurt by it (maybe jealous?) and starting going hard to get him out. Eh, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I did notice a change after the reunion bit.
I think it was a unintentional connection due to the strategy parts being rushed this ep w/ the fam visit taking so much time.

This was the same thing Will did in MvGX where he sent Zeke home, only to be booted next. Christian needs an Idol/IC run to make finals at this point.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Christian made it another week, but I'm afraid it's only a matter of time.

I hope next week plays out like the preview is suggesting. Just constant talks between everyone about everyone else being up next, and complete chaos. These people are really playing.

I don't think it'll happen, but if it came to a final with Nick and Christian, I really don't think I could pick a preferred winner. Davie, too, even.

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was a unintentional connection due to the strategy parts being rushed this ep w/ the fam visit taking so much time.

This was the same thing Will did in MvGX where he sent Zeke home, only to be booted next. Christian needs an Idol/IC run to make finals at this point.

Yeah, sounds right. Though I did seem to feel Gabby liked Christian but they're both so awkward that she never expressed her feelings. I guess she knew he had a girlfriend, but her body language in the edits when they were together suggested something was there.

You're correct though; Christian needs another idol or immunity quick or he's in danger. The way he stopped and read everyone before playing his idol at the tribal was pretty amazing.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Davie's getting the hero edit now it seems. He's a good player; I could see him going pretty far. Christian and Allison seem like the obvious choices to go next, and Kara is a big question mark to me. She's barely been in the past few episodes.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to the rice thing, how was her first offer "every item we have"? That sounds like shit bargaining to me.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
That's not the case at all, though. They edited the fuck out of the scene, and then mocked her on social media for the footage that they chose to release.

Angelina is the GOAT. She's everything I want out of a Survivor contestant.
That was a nice read. I also didn't see it as a crazy offer, they did it in what? Day 30? I think it's obvious you have to prioritise food at that stage instead of some comfort items which are less important at that point, since they have a shelter that was built for 13 people needing to fit only 8.

I didn't know about them giving them less food on purpose to force these situation. It's kind of mean, but it makes for great TV, and JEff seems to have been fair in these exchanges.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a nice read. I also didn't see it as a crazy offer, they did it in what? Day 30? I think it's obvious you have to prioritise food at that stage instead of some comfort items which are less important at that point, since they have a shelter that was built for 13 people needing to fit only 8.

I didn't know about them giving them less food on purpose to force these situation. It's kind of mean, but it makes for great TV, and JEff seems to have been fair in these exchanges.
They were cutting back on stuff to experiment last two seasons.... it likely was a failure and won't be kept up going forward.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think they expect that to mean that there's more oof a priority on fishing or foraging, but instead it just means everyone is weak and they have to barter for more rice anwyay

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think they expect that to mean that there's more oof a priority on fishing or foraging, but instead it just means everyone is weak and they have to barter for more rice anwyay
There's just no fish appears to be the issue.

Cook Islands was their best location ever but apparently they're not able to go back because the locals were pissed about them doing a bad cleanup job.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at Gabby wanting to vote Christian out because she got a little jealous. What an awful player, you knew Christian had an idol.

She and Nick are so fucking petty. And seems Christian really fucked up last week, blindsiding his alliance without building one to replace it. Guess this game wears everyone down eventually, mentally.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at Gabby wanting to vote Christian out because she got a little jealous. What an awful player, you knew Christian had an idol.

She and Nick are so fucking petty. And seems Christian really fucked up last week, blindsiding his alliance without building one to replace it. Guess this game wears everyone down eventually, mentally.
Apparently LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TRIBE KNEW SHE WAS THE BACKUP VOTE.

Christian/Gabi played like dogcrap the past two rounds. Made the move on Carl too early, leaving them exposed, and then Gabi just threw herself on the grenade pulling a Will Wahl.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of amazed so many people like Angelina.. I think she's incredibly annoying and bad at the game. She's constantly trying to get jury votes, but being super obvious about it. She's not particularly good at any aspect of the game. Her personality in general is just kind of meh, to me. She seems really egotistical, but almost aware of it and constantly trying to make herself not appear that way?

I've been wanting Christian to win, but the David's are throwing the game, hard, after some really good plays before the last few episodes.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of amazed so many people like Angelina.. I think she's incredibly annoying and bad at the game. She's constantly trying to get jury votes, but being super obvious about it. She's not particularly good at any aspect of the game. Her personality in general is just kind of meh, to me. She seems really egotistical, but almost aware of it and constantly trying to make herself not appear that way?

I've been wanting Christian to win, but the David's are throwing the game, hard, after some really good plays before the last few episodes.

I don't think people like her or think she's a great player, just that she's entertaining.

I feel sorry for her because she obviously doesn't have the self awareness to see how everyone else in the game perceives her. When she gets to the final tribal and gets zero votes she's going to be legitimately shocked.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
yeah I don't get the Carl thing. It was such a dumb move, they needed to move just one tribal later.

but that's Survivor for you, no sleep and food for weeks and your brain does crazy shit

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I don't get the Carl thing. It was such a dumb move, they needed to move just one tribal later.

but that's Survivor for you, no sleep and food for weeks and your brain does crazy shit
I think is easy to make hypothetical scenarios, but I there was also the chance Carl and Davie could had easily turned on Christian and Gabbie if they waited one week.

The main issue seems to come from the inability for Gabbie and Carl to work together.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Angelina literally can't miss a chance to beg for literally anything.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Angelina has become annoying. And I also fear that Alison so quickly spilling the beans to Mike may end up with Davie going home.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Angelina is hilarious. Has she gone an episode without mentioning the rice that she so didn't want to make a big deal out of? 😂

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol at Mike white.

Is this shit still $1 million dollars? It can't even be that hard to get on at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
There's no sense in ever risking losing your vote at Final 7. It's one of, if not the, most decisive votes of the entire season. Earlier, or with more of a numbers advantage, the choice is obvious in the opposite direction.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
In this challenge, Jeff Probst says a lot of double entendres about balls.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most competent Mike has looked in a challenge.

I'd suppose if you used to be a waiter it would come in handy for this challenge.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched zero of this show until this very moment. I tuned in at the right time. Laughing so hard.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I am in disbelief. Mike went out after, like, 4 seconds on every other challenge, and now he wins. Good for him, though. I like him.

Also, apparently this season now holds the record for the most unique individual immunity winners. 7 different people have won it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Davie.

Wtf is going on with Mike? Lmao he can't get anything going. No one is buying what he is selling

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
I think some goonery is going to happen and christian will go home. Nick and Davie will both play their idols.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh.

Any balance challenge tends to favor women as they have smaller and more narrow feet.
Overhand throws explicitly favor men because the issues women have with them don't appear to be a cultural/societal thing. Guys have won the balance stuff before- a ton depends on your individual proportions.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, turns out voting out Alec and Carl was a really, REALLY bad series of moves for Christian.