• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
If we don't have someone yelling at their loved one in anger like Colby in Heroes vs Villains, then this challenge will be a failure.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If you are at the loved one's visit and you tell your loved one that you are in charge the Monty Python foot immediately squishes you.

Oct 25, 2017
This season is basically the "Can Rick get to the end?" story currently, because it seems like there's no way he doesn't win a jury vote.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lauren repeatedly coming in 2nd to Gavin/Aurora seems like it accidentally paid off for her socially.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'd love for one of the Lauren/Victoria/Aurora trio to win.
That sounds like a doomsday scenario for Probst so I'd consider it quite likely.
Either that or two of those three and Julie as a goat.
Or one of those three, Julie and the Edge of Extinction returnee - but not one of the big brawny men, returning players or Wardog.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great episode. The way Rick called out Ron was hilarious.

I like the fiery season where there is bitterness and stuff, but am enjoying how everyone seems to have a good perspective this season. They all seem to genuinely like each other.

So who is everyone rooting for at this point? in a ranking order

I guess Rick, even though he's not playing a good game. This season is kinda crazy and messy, so why not a winner who is a total mess. I really like Lauren and Victoria too.

What we really need is a Reem win, though.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
If Reem actually came back and won this would be a top 5 season

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Reem should get a standing ovation at the reunion. It sucks to be voted out first, but she really has cemented a unique place in Survivor history.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I do wish there was more EoE footage. Aubry found that practice challenge six tribal councils ago. Why place it out there then, if they won't have the challenge until two weeks later or so?

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Rick is super obnoxious, and the way the game is shaping up, it's going to Ben all over again. If literally anyone else wins this season other than Rick, I'd be fine with it.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That tribal council was amazing. There's genuinely no better television than Survivor comeuppance.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Sorry - but as soon as you get too cocky in this game, I don't like you. So buh-bye Ron! (And Rick bugs me too.)

Really pulling for Lauren, but if Reem comes back and wins....GOAT SEASON.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how different personalities rub people in different ways. I totally like Rick and am rooting for him, more so after last night's tribal.

Right there with you. Rick is the only rootable interest for me. Would be super bummed if anyone else takes it.

Except Reem. REEM needs to win.

Would also be fine with a David win. :)

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy villains, but I hate when they embrace it like how Devens did in this tribal. It happens all the time. That guy who won a couple of years back who was literally being strung along by the producers with ten idols in a row, etc.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy villains, but I hate when they embrace it like how Devens did in this tribal. It happens all the time. That guy who won a couple of years back who was literally being strung along by the producers with ten idols in a row, etc.
I didn't think that was villainous at all. The villains in that scene were Aurora and Ron. Devens was having some fun with the righteous indignation thing and I thought it worked for him.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
This season is basically the "Can Rick get to the end?" story currently, because it seems like there's no way he doesn't win a jury vote.
I feel this too, but I'm dreading a Rick win. I liked him as a character (though he was incredibly obnoxious this episode) but as a winner it would be so undeserved, he has played so poorly (even ignoring the fact that he was voted out). He's only voted for two people who actually left post-merge (Julia and Kelley). Julie may be the emotional mess, but at least she's playing with her head. Rick is always emotional with how he's actually playing, socially and strategically.

Meanwhile, Victoria has a near perfect voting record with tonight being her only "misstep", which hardly even counts since she was the one who orchestrated the split vote. She is far and away the best player this season and if she can snake to the end I am really hoping she pulls it out.

Aurora doesn't have a chance. Julie has the same issues that Dawn, Lisa and many other 'moms' have had before her where the jury won't respect her play, despite it being not terrible (and far and away better than Rick's)

Lauren definitely has a shot as the last remaining Lesu/Manu member, and if she can make her idol play seem flashy it could get her some respect from anyone underestimating her. She's played really well from an underdog position (entirely unlike Rick)

Gavin isn't terrible but he's not great. Very uninteresting to watch though, I'm so curious why production chose for him to wear that pineapple shirt.

I'm expecting Chris, Aubry or David to return from EoE, though I'm really hoping for Reem to magically pull it out so we can get more of her.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
jsietemy7pv21.jpg

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't mind Ben's win but even I'm yawning at ANOTHER underdog 'spectacle' being rewarded with a win.

Can we please just have a good player with a strong social game manipulate their way to the end and win?

I know Wendell more or less achieved that two seasons ago, and perhaps Sarah as well, but edits in the vein of Mike, Adam, Ben, and Nick are just so exhausting. There's literally no suspense (until, perhaps, the finale?) because the way the edits usually marginalise most of the other endgamers, we end up having to bank on a random Natalie White style benefactor for there to be any interest.

I know Jeff hates how Michele won, but she, along with Natalie Anderson (and to a lesser extent Jeremy, Sarah and Wendell) are satisfying on a whole other level, because of the way they are able to absolutely command other players and manipulate how they are perceived in such interesting ways, and really clinch the win with great jury management and ultimately an endearing Final Tribal performance.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really like Ben's win, and it felt very cheap to me, but I guess Devens feels different because he's just so likable. I'd be happy seeing him win because he's been really enjoyable to watch all season, and it's not like there's some player in the game right now that is playing some super amazing game right now. This season has been an enjoyable season of people's games going up in flames, and seeing someone like Rick manage to get to the end and pull it off would be satisfying television in my mind.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I didn't think that was villainous at all. The villains in that scene were Aurora and Ron. Devens was having some fun with the righteous indignation thing and I thought it worked for him.

Yep. The entire tribe flat out said they don't want to play with Devens anymore because they think he will win. This sort of thing has happened in Survivor's past, but generally when it happens the entire tribe devises a plan to mitigate him or at least watch him 24-7. When you don't do that, crazy stuff happens. And he has been repeatedly lied to in a manipulative way, so it's refreshing that he can be funny and flamboyant about it without being straight-up mean-spirited.

Anyway, there is now presumably 6+1 players left in the game. Devens would need 4 more immunities (challenge or otherwise) to win the game. So it really feels more like the show is buying time for a winner to emerge out of the pack, which apart from Ron has seemed entirely too passive and mechanical thus far. I mean, voting out Wardog? :lol