• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
General talk on the season 40 cast:

Was listening to a podcast and they brought up how they were surprised to not see Cochran on the cast and how they probably offered him but he couldn't or wouldn't do it. My main take away was that I was actually surprised because Cochran never even came to mind for a potential cast member. No idea why, but just never thought of him and was surprised to see him talked about as a surprise omission.
I always thought it was too soon after he was a writer for a CBS show.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought it was too soon after he was a writer for a CBS show.

I definitely considered it, and to me he's one of the most surprising omissions. I don't think his relationship with CBS is necessarily what caused the problem, as Parvati was working until just a few years ago for CBS. I've heard him state on podcasts and I believe in his Reddit AMA that he just has no interest in playing again. Would imagine it has to do in part with how his win is treated by the greater fan community.

For what it's worth, I'd prefer Hatch, Todd, Earl, Fabio, Bob and Chris to Cochran but still. Would easily give Adam or Nick's spot to him.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Jeff and CBS love Cochran. I'm sure they asked, he said no. I think Todd is the only big disappointment, assuming he's sober he really should have been on. I don't think Richard Hatch was ever realistic after what happened on All-Stars, and all his legal issues. I actually would have been interested in seeing Brian Heidik again but I'm assuming he's probably too scummy for CBS.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
You know what would make EoE more tolerable and warrant the extra episode times? Gamify it in some way. Beyond the dumb, find the advantage and give it away. Make those players actually be competing against each other and actually having some sort of effect on their chances of coming back. And not just in a competition based aspect, make some reason for there to be alliances and social gameplay on EoE as well.

Having them sit around and randomly talk about their complaints or how they will give someone an advantage isn't interesting. Let there be consequences and things to play for while on EoE as well.

I could literally see someone trying to get themselves on EoE early just to sit around safe knowing they're good at competitions and are more likely to come back at the end and go on a comp run. Then sit at the final tribal and say I took this twist and used it to my advantage and I should win.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
source.gif

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Tribes for season 40 from Redmond:

BlueTribeS40.png

RedTribeS40.png

At first glance, I actually like the division of these tribes. Blue tribe almost has too many targets to screw over specifically one person and Red seems like the social and sneaky tribe for sure.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I am not looking forward to the editing this season. 20 contestants and at least 30% of the edit will be taken up by Rob and Sandra.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Man, they made a big deal about opening the application process up to Canadians finally and I see one retired hockey player with dual citizenship.
So much for that experiment!

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they made a big deal about opening the application process up to Canadians finally and I see one retired hockey player with dual citizenship.
So much for that experiment!
Yeah, I as fully expecting them doing a Canada vs US season. I wonder if we will end up getting an Australia vs US season before that.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
poor season 39, it's just destined to be a forgotten season with all the hype for 40

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
poor season 39, it's just destined to be a forgotten season with all the hype for 40

Maybe. This cast seems to have a lot to offer. Pearl Islands aired before All Stars and Philippines before Caramoan. And both of those are remembered fondly, so I don't think this will be much different. There's even an argument to be made for Samoa which aired before HvV.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
I am not looking forward to the editing this season. 20 contestants and at least 30% of the edit will be taken up by Rob and Sandra.
You can bet on it. When I saw the preview for it during the reunion show last season I just shook my head. Really don't care for either Rob or Sandra and knowing that they'll take up air time we could be getting of the new contestants and stuff going on in their camp. I'm guessing we'll have fewer reward challenges or they'll be combined with immunity challenges. I'm tired of the gimmicks, just give me classic Survivor! It's the people that make the show entertaining not all the stupid gimmicks.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
You can bet on it. When I saw the preview for it during the reunion show last season I just shook my head. Really don't care for either Rob or Sandra and knowing that they'll take up air time we could be getting of the new contestants and stuff going on in their camp. I'm guessing we'll have fewer reward challenges or they'll be combined with immunity challenges. I'm tired of the gimmicks, just give me classic Survivor! It's the people that make the show entertaining not all the stupid gimmicks.
They need the twists and gimmicks to generate buzz and create headlines. If it was a normal season this thread would have got half of the posts it did whe the twist was leaked.

I do think that they will have a hard time trying to shoehorn Sandra and Rob in every episode, but I'm not holding my breath. And as some people speculated, it was maybe prt of a deal to get them in the 40th season.

SEASON 39 FANTASY DRAFTING IS OPEN
OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Fantasy is back up for grabs. Once again, you can claim the title of SOLE SurvivERA. Ahead of the new season thread I plan to drop near the end of the week, anyone here can join now in advance. No Edge in play means one less thing to try and work around this time fantasy wise. Join our uncapped custom league by signing up for free or using your existing login (please use your username so we know who's who) at Tribal-Council.com. Click "Join Private League" when you first login and enter the league code: 74bc35a3965a750f

SurvivERAs ready?

giphy.gif

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Have they made any improvements to the site from last year?

I mean, I'm well aware the system isn't perfect. Honestly, my only real complaint was I hated the new trading system they implemented last season. But I believe you liked it right?

I do think there are other sites out there for Fantasy Survivor, but I've been using this one for years and find that overall I've never really had any issues. Let me know anything you think they could improve on and I'll get in touch with the guys running the site and see if there's any time to implement feedback changes.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Working on my roster now. I have no complaints with the site, if anything it's complaints with the production of the show last year that made it feel especially bullshit.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I'm well aware the system isn't perfect. Honestly, my only real complaint was I hated the new trading system they implemented last season. But I believe you liked it right?

I do think there are other sites out there for Fantasy Survivor, but I've been using this one for years and find that overall I've never really had any issues. Let me know anything you think they could improve on and I'll get in touch with the guys running the site and see if there's any time to implement feedback changes.

I'll think on it. I was more curious than anything. Didn't mean my post as a complaint.