• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I will sing Keith's praises any day of the week as an amazing, strong, and kind individual but he's cunning. Y'all notice him shifting his eyes when listening is the billion questions AND the answers going through his head. Go man go!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Until that second shot of her walking down the path, I forgot there was even a twist for a while lol

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
it would be amazing if like nobody explains to Reem what's going on with the island

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be a season with Aubry if she wasn't in danger from the very start.

Solid premiere. On a show where they really try to fake us out with the boot, it was interesting seeing one that was so straightforward. It was also cool how much spooky atmosphere they added to the ending, getting to see a little peek at where they go after being voted out and then seeing her grope around in the dark on the island. I wonder if anyone is actually going to take the choice to leave immediately? They don't really explain what "stay in the game" means... It's not a particularly threatening or challenging prospect until you actually get to the island. The person voted out would have to feel extremely browbeaten and down to take the "end the adventure" path immediately.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this episode should prove that 2 hour premieres should be standard. Or at least 1 1/2 hours. This episode just felt bare bones and rushed.

I'll soak in my fantasy ep 1 position because I know it won't last!

FANTASY REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 2/27
OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this episode should prove that 2 hour premieres should be standard. Or at least 1 1/2 hours. This episode just felt bare bones and rushed.

I'll soak in my fantasy ep 1 position because I know it won't last!

I think they made the most of it. Seems like the decision is out of production's control and CBS makes the call for lead in purposes.

Congrats on the fantasy ranking so far.

Speaking of, REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 2/27. Going to threadmark when this is the case so people have the best shot of remembering they have one week to optionally change out any players who haven't been voted out.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
thanks for the reminder. i had reem, but benched lol. watched for years but never done a draft like this before.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
thanks for the reminder. i had reem, but benched lol. watched for years but never done a draft like this before.

I think I STILL may have had it wrong when I was outlining the rules as this is new to me too. Because Reem is technically not out of the game, looks like you can still swap her out if you want to. Unless you think she has a shot of coming back in the EoE challenge eventually. But if anything, you could swap her out and back in later as far as I understand.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If HvHvH wasn't proof enough, premieres needs to be 2 hours. While this premiere wan't terrible, it did feel rushed. Pretty weak set-up for potential alliances and pairings and we already know they are going to spend a scene or two on Extinction Island, which is going to take away from the tribes. Expecting a ton of under-developed characters this season.

However, despite my negative feelings for the premiere, I didn't hate it. Reem was a predictable first-boot, which anybody could see coming. You got an opinionated, older woman, and they rarely never make it. I did like her though, and her "bitterness" was refreshing. It gets tiring of seeing people (players and viewers alike) all happy about people being voted out and being humble about it. Also noticed a bit of an anti-returnee vibe this season, which is a good thing. Hopefully that vibe will take out Kelley because I really dislike her. Despite being on 2 seasons, she has never shown anything outside of being a gamebot. I would absolutely love if she got screwed over big-time. Joe and David are both meh, so I couldn't care less about them. Aubry is fantastic on the other hand, so I hope we get to see KR Aubry, and not GC Aubry (which isn't her fault because GC was a mess).

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
I think I STILL may have had it wrong when I was outlining the rules as this is new to me too. Because Reem is technically not out of the game, looks like you can still swap her out if you want to. Unless you think she has a shot of coming back in the EoE challenge eventually. But if anything, you could swap her out and back in later as far as I understand.

it wouldn't let me redraft someone in place of her, i don't think. i may have missed something.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
it wouldn't let me redraft someone in place of her, i don't think. i may have missed something.

Good to get clarification on that. I think treating her like someone voted out is the right move. I wasn't sure because I don't have her, and she's technically still in the game. Lots of unknown variables with fantasy this season.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
Good to get clarification on that. I think treating her like someone voted out is the right move. I wasn't sure because I don't have her, and she's technically still in the game. Lots of unknown variables with fantasy this season.

Yeah it's only showing me 7 available slots in the redraft page, and Reem is not listed anywhere. Her tribe affiliation now says Extinction Island

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! Just a reminder everyone has one day left to redraft and also move people around from your bench and active spots.

BlZudsq.png

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to see what Roster someone had in a given week? I want to know how 39 points got scored. This site has the worst interface for this kind of thing. So much potential though. I'm enjoying it more being able to swap people around.

Just watched the episode last night. Definitely agree it was a little on the short end, but overall better than I was expecting. Kelly is the only returnee I actually want to see win and I'd be just as happy if she didn't. I like returnees a lot, but not as Captains.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
This simply doesn't work. I can only get one player on to my team.

Were you in the league before the first episode started? I just see a blank roster with zero points while everyone else has points.

Because redrafting is a thing, did you just join the league and try to draft for week two?

Never seen this before..

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to shoutout to our own DGenerator who is stepping up with their own edgic articles because Redmond with Inside Survivor is not doing them this season due to being inadvertently spoiled.

I'm well aware from interactions on this board about edgic a few seasons ago that people here are not for it, but if you are, just wanted to shoutout my thanks as it's a big part of my enjoyment of this show and maybe others here don't frequent the Survivor subreddit to find out about it.

So that said - unless the consensus has wildly changed around here, please don't discuss edgic on this board.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Were you in the league before the first episode started? I just see a blank roster with zero points while everyone else has points.

Because redrafting is a thing, did you just join the league and try to draft for week two?

Never seen this before..
I forgot to join the league for episode 1. I'm probably just out of luck.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to join the league for episode 1. I'm probably just out of luck.

Yeah, thinking this is the case unfortunately. Normally someone is not even let in after episode one, but the redrafting feature might be the loophole that allowed you to do so. I'm sorry, I really tried to put feelers out as much as possible pre-season! :(

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, thinking this is the case unfortunately. Normally someone is not even let in after episode one, but the redrafting feature might be the loophole that allowed you to do so. I'm sorry, I really tried to put feelers out as much as possible pre-season! :(
It's my fault, I straight up forgot.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Just want to shoutout to our own DGenerator who is stepping up with their own edgic articles because Redmond with Inside Survivor is not doing them this season due to being inadvertently spoiled.

Thank you! Taking up the mantle is no small task, especially since I am running two sites at the same time with the other being a video game site. Glad people are enjoying our features.